Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-19-2023, 05:09 AM   #1
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Chicago Mayor is a hysterical idiot

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/comp...ty/ar-AA1gRld1

He gonna open his own grocery store……

Laughable ……………

I remember in the 70’s Russia opened government run groceries……….they were called bread lines and “food banks”

Leave your grocery needs to the government….? I’m sure that’s going to work out just fine
Old 09-19-2023, 11:16 AM   #2
BELMONT 6-6-09

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/comp...ty/ar-AA1gRld1

He gonna open his own grocery store……

Laughable ……………

I remember in the 70’s Russia opened government run groceries……….they were called bread lines and “food banks”

Leave your grocery needs to the government….? I’m sure that’s going to work out just fine
Can these people really be this dumb??? It's mind boggling that these idiots get elected.
BELMONT 6-6-09 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2023, 12:00 PM   #3
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELMONT 6-6-09 View Post
Can these people really be this dumb??? It's mind boggling that these idiots get elected.
Proving once again who the real idiots are.
Old 09-19-2023, 12:08 PM   #4
BELMONT 6-6-09

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Proving once again who the real idiots are.
Idiot voters consistently elect idiot politicians
Old 09-19-2023, 02:28 PM   #5
Inner Dirt

From Townhall another gem from Chicago's mayor:

Chicago Mayor Brandon Johnson (D) released a statement on Monday after Illinois abolished cash bail as a condition of pretrial release, with some exceptions for violent and sexual crimes, saying putting people in jail does not work for keeping the public safe.

"If incarceration [equals] safety, the U.S. would be the safest country in the world. We’ve tried prosecuting our way out of gun violence. It hasn’t worked," Johnson posted on X, formerly known as Twitter.

How could anyone who wasn't criminal scum or aspiring to be vote for that POS?There are people in society who cannot be rehabilitated, that is what a lot of liberals cannot seem to get through their thick skulls. Our issues with having so many people incarcerated is the fact we share a 2,000 mile leaky border with a country with a murder rate 4-5x ours that keep us supplied in illegal drugs and street gang members. Then there is the issue of how Democrats enable criminal behavior by another minority segment of the population. Just look at those racist crime statistics. Of course Democrats think the violent crime solution is to take guns away from law abiding citizens.

Just think how many people in NYC would get mugged if the predators knew all their potential victims were packing.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2023, 02:32 PM   #6
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Idiot voters consistently elect idiot politicians

Simple solution, stop letting people with I.Q.'s under room temperature vote.
I have never had anyone agree with my wanting people to pass a test to people able to get a voter I.D. card. You have to pass a rules of the road and skills test to drive a car. A bad politician can destroy a hell of a lot more lives than a bad driver can.
Old 09-19-2023, 02:58 PM   #7
OntheRail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I have never had anyone agree with my wanting people to pass a test to people able to get a voter I.D. card. You have to pass a rules of the road and skills test to drive a car. A bad politician can destroy a hell of a lot more lives than a bad driver can.
Reinstall paper ballots as well.

A City run grocery store would look like the Bamboo Club from Goodfellow's... in about a day. The first meat order would be 1000 lbs of jumbo shrimp... 1000lbs of prime rib.. 2000lbs of chicken wing.. 50 lbs of Baloney. Only thing to hit the cooler would be 10lbs of baloney which would be stolen immediately.
Old 09-19-2023, 03:01 PM   #8
BELMONT 6-6-09

Quote:
Everyone has a right to vote in this country legally and in my opinion with valid documentation. No if's and's or but's. The problem is that there has been so much cheating on both sides of the aisles in the voting process that has placed this country in the third world category. A real farce!!!
Old 09-19-2023, 03:15 PM   #9
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntheRail View Post
Reinstall paper ballots as well.

A City run grocery store would look like the Bamboo Club from Goodfellow's... in about a day. The first meat order would be 1000 lbs of jumbo shrimp... 1000lbs of prime rib.. 2000lbs of chicken wing.. 50 lbs of Baloney. Only thing to hit the cooler would be 10lbs of baloney which would be stolen immediately.

They also need to set stringent qualifications for voting by mail. Unless you are hospitalized, in a nursing home or serving our country overseas you vote in person or you do not vote.
Old 09-19-2023, 03:26 PM   #10
thaskalos

Grocery stores run by Chicago politicians? I wouldn't recommend it...because they haven't had the practice. They haven't done an honest day's work in their entire lives.
Old 09-19-2023, 03:35 PM   #11
BELMONT 6-6-09

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Grocery stores run by Chicago politicians? I wouldn't recommend it...because they haven't had the practice. They haven't done an honest day's work in their entire lives.
Thask like my home town NYC Chicago is a disaster. I made a few trips back in the 80
s to Wrigley field when the Mets were playing and the experience was fantastic. The Cubs fans are the most loyal fans in all of sports and we had a great time.
Murphy's bleachers and Rush Street were tremendous. Great memories of a once great city.
Old 09-19-2023, 03:43 PM   #12
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
I was waiting for your input
Old 09-19-2023, 03:44 PM   #13
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Everyone has a right to vote in this country legally and in my opinion with valid documentation. No if's and's or but's. The problem is that there has been so much cheating on both sides of the aisles in the voting process that has placed this country in the third world category. A real farce!!!

I beg to differ or allow everyone to vote but do something to encourage the not so bright to educate themselves. Watching some of these political commercials on TV is a dead giveaway politicians on both sides spend a lot of money and effort courting the dumbass vote. My favorite is a candidate promising to expand a boat load of social programs at the same time promising no tax increases.

How about if someone passes a voter knowledge test they get a gift card of their choice? I do not know what it would take to get a good turnout, $25, $50, $100? One time deal, the gift cards and educational materials could be financed by the campaigns. Easily paid out of what they budgeted for ads that target stupid voters, as they will mostly become educated.

Morons probably vote for both parties in equal amounts. For every inner city 25 year old welfare mother with 5 kids from 5 different guys, who votes for Democrats, there is some inbred hick banging his sister collecting mushrooms
thinking he can make an honest woman out of his sister who votes for Republicans. I actually watched a documentary on HBO years ago about the latter. There was group of back wood Kentuckians who were all decedents of the same couple who settled there in the 1800's. It was hard to watch, they were all deformed, ugly, and as stupid as can be.
Old 09-19-2023, 03:51 PM   #14
Inner Dirt

I never in a 100 years thought Chicago could elect someone dumber and more inept than Lightfoot for mayor, boy did they make a fool out of me.
Old 09-19-2023, 04:00 PM   #15
BELMONT 6-6-09

Quote:
I beg to differ or allow everyone to vote but do something to encourage the not so bright to educate themselves. Watching some of these political commercials on TV is a dead giveaway politicians on both sides spend a lot of money and effort courting the dumbass vote. My favorite is a candidate promising to expand a boat load of social programs at the same time promising no tax increases.

How about if someone passes a voter knowledge test they get a gift card of their choice? I do not know what it would take to get a good turnout, $25, $50, $100? One time deal, the gift cards and educational materials could be financed by the campaigns. Easily paid out of what they budgeted for ads that target stupid voters, as they will mostly become educated.

Morons probably vote for both parties in equal amounts. For every inner city 25 year old welfare mother with 5 kids from 5 different guys, who votes for Democrats, there is some inbred hick banging his sister collecting mushrooms
thinking he can make an honest woman out of his sister who votes for Republicans. I actually watched a documentary on HBO years ago about the latter. There was group of back wood Kentuckians who were all decedents of the same couple who settled there in the 1800's. It was hard to watch, they were all deformed, ugly, and as stupid as can be.
You make some good points in your discussion, HOWEVER, if these measures were implemented i can hear the racist cry's already. Damn it would be all over the state news and would backfire in a grand way. That my friend is the difference in this country form today and years past.