Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 01-28-2024, 01:31 PM   #16
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

Nice putting together a ticket Robert. And thanks to Track Phantom for the tip on #6 SENOR BUSCADOR.
I put together a dumb ticket myself. Dont know what I was thinking

Exb: 2,6,7,12.
PS: 2,6,11

It was exciting watching SENOR BUSCADOR almost passing the 7 in the stretch. That would have been a nice exacta. I should have tossed the 12 Skippylong. Jerry Bailey mentioned a few times that a front-runner would burn out trying to get the lead before the turn.

All in all, good card GP had yesterday with nice fields.
Redboard is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-28-2024, 02:16 PM   #17
Bullet Plane

Well, Jerry Bailey mentioned the difficulty of Senior Buscador winning due to his consistently wide trips. I didnt think it was necessary to keep the horse as wide as rhe jockey did in this race. I got especially mad at rhe quater pole, when the jockey tipped the horse out five or six wide when he could have easily moved inside to the rail and saved precious ground. I did lose a bet so perhaps I'm just not being objective.
Bullet Plane is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-28-2024, 05:12 PM   #18
MJC922

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Plane View Post
Well, Jerry Bailey mentioned the difficulty of Senior Buscador winning due to his consistently wide trips. I didnt think it was necessary to keep the horse as wide as rhe jockey did in this race. I got especially mad at rhe quater pole, when the jockey tipped the horse out five or six wide when he could have easily moved inside to the rail and saved precious ground. I did lose a bet so perhaps I'm just not being objective.
IMO you made a good bet, the horse was decent value. If anyone happened to listen to the recent Bet with the best podcast it was quite a nice interview with Mark Cramer. I liked when he explained his wagering style, it's essentially the value horse at 6-1 or higher to win and place unless the favorite is legit, in which case it's still the value horse to win but instead of the place bet he goes with a straight exacta using the favorite over the value horse. In this case we have a $70 exacta under Bob and he's always kind of hard not to like. Anyway it's quite a good strategy IMO. I happened to do the same thing when I visited Woodbine over the summer I think I had liked a 14-1 in the first race whom I had to win of course but put him underneath the legit favorite, connected with that exacta as a place bet, saved my bacon there, ended up going home a winner for the day just by making that one good decision.

Last edited by MJC922; 01-28-2024 at 05:15 PM.
MJC922 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply