Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 52 votes, 4.87 average.
Old 09-27-2013, 01:13 PM   #406
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Gribble
Is there any way to use TFUS figs comparatively in a single race, so as not to have to move from entry to entry? Currently I copy the figs to a notebook so I might view them all together for comparative analysis. I see that in "Preview" mode there is one number published per entrant which is helpful, but to truly get the full benefit more depth is required, the last five numbers for each would be a nice addition. I guess what I am asking for is to be able to scroll through all of a races entrants running lines w/o clicking on each separately and having to work one entrant at a time.

Good luck to the TFUS folks on their launch, I look forward to further improvements.
You can press the print button and get all the horses without having to click on each one.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2013, 08:04 PM   #407
WORKFORCE

How do I turn MPH and sectionals from the three furlong point into relative BHB weights.

I notice that there's not too much difference between the top level and the lower level in terms of being able to reach 38 mph + but how can I use this to my advantage.

I was thinking of converting from MPH into Miles per Minute then into lengths per furlong? There was also an idea to calculate the course averages on the day whereby races will intercept each other for example; clocking the seven furlong pole to the eight furlong pole in a mile race will over lap in clocking from the three furlong pole to the two furlong pole in a 10f race.

Before working out which horses had dipped below or above the average I realised this method was flawed because nothing interloped with the 16f race on the card and would render the average comparison void, being the only calculation in the set.
WORKFORCE is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-29-2013, 06:30 PM   #408
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I've got a suggestion - there is plenty of room to put both the race times and the fractions right underneath them, or leader's times with winner's times underneath.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg timeform.jpg (7.0 KB, 446 views)

Last edited by Tom; 09-29-2013 at 06:33 PM.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-29-2013, 08:19 PM   #409
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
I've got a suggestion - there is plenty of room to put both the race times and the fractions right underneath them, or leader's times with winner's times underneath.
I'll certainly pass that on. I know when deluxe are available (no, not sure on a date yet), you will get the race figs and the horse figs.
Old 09-30-2013, 02:04 PM   #410
Arapola

Cj
Great job with the pick on TVG in the OK. Derby.
Arapola is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-30-2013, 05:07 PM   #411
Storm Cadet

Tried printing them out this past weekend, noticed that workout times do not print our under the PP's on each horse. Anybody else have this same problem as well as the pace projector does not print out on the preview page.
Storm Cadet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-30-2013, 07:36 PM   #412
Grits

Yes, Storm, I have.

For the TUS team, this is my download experience and I could surely be doing something incorrectly.

I tried, repeatedly, printing the pace projector as a separate page, all to no avail. I gave up on the printing of the pace projector and the pps, trying instead to go with Marc's concept of Ipad only, no printing-no paper, 21st century style for each card's complete pps.

I've logged in one day prior to, and early in the morning of, the day's races. Trying to bookmark them or to save them to my Ipad's homepage with an icon for each individual race. (Not printing them, simply saving them in advance of post time). Each time I did this I went back a few minutes later, only to find each race was gone. I had to log-in again with username and password, go to track finder and do this over, (thinking I'm doing something wrong.) Yet, so far, this has happened each time. The pps haven't been available for early download. They've work fine in "real time" during the races. I used them with success yesterday with Cj's adjusted times, the pace projector...everything I wanted.

In the beginning I was vocal about not being able to print them. With discussion here, and Marc reading, I was able to do so, as were others. I wanted to try them in the way they were intended with the pace projections. But, prior to the day's races. I'd rather handicap hours before the races, not minutes between races. And I'd certainly prefer this come Breeders' Cup, when other pps are up days in advance.

As I said, its quite possible all of this is me, and if so, I'm showing my blatant ignorance. This noted, when I save my Bris past performances days in advance, they are on my Ipad, and remain so, until opened in my I-Annotate folder. ... Please, forgive the lengthy post, gentlemen.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-30-2013, 08:01 PM   #413
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Grits, just a tip. If there is something you really need to save to your Ipad, don't forget you can take a screen shot of anything you can get on your screen.

Just hit your home and power button at the same time. You will hear a camera click sound and you can open the screen capture in "photos" where your camera shots reside.

You probably already know this........but just in case timeformus looks like this ( I shrunk it down for posting) as a screenshot. All the info from pace projector would then be available.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (88.5 KB, 359 views)

Last edited by JustRalph; 09-30-2013 at 08:03 PM.
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-30-2013, 08:26 PM   #414
MarcAtTimeformUS

Hi Grits,

You can absolutely use the printer icon to open up race PPs as PDFs days in advance. Pace projectors, which are available when tracks go final with program numbers, I can think of some work-arounds for saving those as well. Can I recommend you send an e-mail to Matt@timeformus.com and tomorrow Matt will take care of you?
MarcAtTimeformUS is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-30-2013, 10:39 PM   #415
Grits

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcAtTimeformUS
Hi Grits,

You can absolutely use the printer icon to open up race PPs as PDFs days in advance. Pace projectors, which are available when tracks go final with program numbers, I can think of some work-arounds for saving those as well. Can I recommend you send an e-mail to Matt@timeformus.com and tomorrow Matt will take care of you?
HA!! I told you all I was quite likely doing something wrong. Do I have egg on my face, gentlemen? Maybe so, but I couldn't care less. I want my TUS' in advance on my IPad.

Marc, thank you so much. I will contact Matt. --g
Old 09-30-2013, 11:07 PM   #416
Grits

J.R., you're so sharp. If Marc has problems with the work-arounds, I'll get out my Canon and take a photo of the pace projector. One thing going on at a time with the IPad, bud. The Queen of Multitasking, I'm not.

Here I am worried about past performances access, and I'm watching "breaking news" on our government shutting down tomorrow. I need to rethink my priorities.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:33 PM   #417
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Don't worry about the Canon , just hit the home button and the power button at the same time, then go to your photos. Works great for saving screen grabs of Google maps too......or anything on your screen.....if it's on your screen, you can save it

You can also email those screenshots or export them to other apps. Have fun.....

http://www.simplehelp.net/2010/04/03...-of-your-ipad/
Old 10-02-2013, 09:28 PM   #418
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong
called TFUS today, a nice dude set me up w/ a cancellation when my 30 day subscription ends. Can't canx online apparently, have to call.

Too bad....good product, just can't use it.
Came across what I consider to be the first real problem with TFUS, and it's a disappointing one.

Despite the call I made in the quote above, I was charged for an entire month today for an unlimited subscription. How could this happen? It's not a rhetorical question, either.

I don't want my $$ back, $50 is no big deal. And I'll use TFUS once a week (maybe), but $50 for once a week is nonsense....so when I took the step to canx the subscription, I expected it to be done.

Please, get your stuff right when it comes to charging people $$. Like I said, I don't consider $50 a big deal, but what is a big deal is when a company tells me they've canx'd a subscription and I still get charged.

Fix it. I don't want my $$ back, just fix it. If possible, create an on line ability to canx a subscription.

---
Thank you for your order!

Order Information
Merchant: REAL TIME RACING LLC
Invoice Number: xxxxxxxxxx
Billing Information
xxxxxxxxxx
, tx xxxxx
United States
xxxxxxxxxx Shipping Information
Total: US $49.99

MasterCard
Date/Time: 2-Oct-2013 7:32:38 PDT
Transaction ID: xxxxxxxx

Last edited by ElKabong; 10-02-2013 at 09:33 PM.
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-03-2013, 04:34 PM   #419
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

http://timeformusblog.com/

Doug Salvatore comes through again with his top pick at Belmont. He has been nothing short of sensational with his picks.
Old 10-03-2013, 05:11 PM   #420
SuitedAces
ClassPars

Doug's work

Agreed.

Belmont Race 7 Jack R Wild paid $27.40.
SuitedAces is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Tags
quick, timeform adjustment