Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 10-23-2009, 10:01 PM   #1
bisket

defrancis dash grade 1 who do you like

heres the past pefromances from drf.com. its the race of the day tomorrow. so the formulator pps are free.
http://www.drf.com/formulator-web/Fr...ormance-race/9
question: can the bisket hit a longshot in this race? you betcha. did anyone have ah day in the tobaggan? da bisket did. what's the secret to ah day's winning races? hmmm!! lets see. there is something that has happened in each one of ah day's big wins. trust me its right there in front of you. ok in every one of ah days wins. the pace setter has run back to back 22 and change opening 1/4's. what does vineyard haven, roaring lion, ravalo, and fleet valid like to run? 22 and change . now there's two who may get 21 and change for the 1st 1/4 sacred journey and saratoga russell, but i think they'll run a 22 1st 1/4 in this one. now theres another angle to this race that i like, and mike hammersley is nice enough to point this out. peace chant looked like a world beater on dirt in california. unfortunatly he's only had poly to run on recently. his effort in the forego was good, but will be overlooked. i like him for an exotic because the race is gonna set up for him and ah day. so right now there's two definates for my bets. 10$to win on ah day and peace chant. i'll decide on one or two horses for my tri box tomorrow. 3$ exacta box on ah day and peace chant also.
bisket is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-23-2009, 10:25 PM   #2
bisket

heres an article from drf on the defrancis dash, and ah day and peace chant aren't even mentioned. i like it
http://www.drf.com/news/article/108306.html
Old 10-23-2009, 11:39 PM   #3
fmolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisket
heres an article from drf on the defrancis dash, and ah day and peace chant aren't even mentioned. i like it
http://www.drf.com/news/article/108306.html
i like ah day as well ....likes the off track ...their should be one tomorrow...rains all day I believe....true quality also possible mudder to look out for.
fmolf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-23-2009, 11:50 PM   #4
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

If Vineyard Haven runs like he did his last race, it is over. If he regresses a little, he will probably still win. If he runs really bad, it is pretty wide open as the others look very evenly matched.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-24-2009, 01:31 AM   #5
CBedo
AllAboutTheROE

I agree with CJ. If Vineyard Haven shows up at all, he wins. If he doesn't, then the question becomes does Vineyard Haven still impact the early pace scenario.

At 8/5 (doubtful), I'd be all over Vineyard Haven, but more than likely I'll be a passive spectator watching. If I had to pick someone besides Vineayard, I'd take Roaring Lion & Ravalo I guess.

Last edited by CBedo; 10-24-2009 at 01:35 AM.
CBedo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-24-2009, 01:49 AM   #6
menifee

Tough race. You can't bet Vineyard Haven at those odds in this field. I like Peace Chant to get a piece at a price. There is so much speed in the race, that a closer should be able to make some noise at the end.
menifee is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-24-2009, 02:20 AM   #7
Bochall

Ravalo is the interesting one for me. He brings his game everywhere (wins at 6 different tracks)...except Laurel! Mud is ok with him as well. I will forgive his Laurel losses as they were a few years ago. Rose should give him a patient ride just off the pace and near the inside (he's a railrider like Borel) and hopefully he can get past Vineyard Haven and hold off the closers. At 8-1 he is my play, although VH may waste them. He's a 3 time Gr 1 winner. My knock against him is that this race is at 6f, not he 7f he likes, and a 6f pace may cook him. He will no doubt be used early from the 1 hole or get buried. Come to think of it, Ravalo should challenge for the lead turning for home alongside the and from there all i fear is Chavez on the Peace Chant. Chop Chop in the slop! How bout a w exacta and win bet on .
Bochall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-24-2009, 02:53 AM   #8
WinterTriangle

Bisket, good luck with your pick. I haven't handicapped it thoroughly yet but those Malibu Moon's are doing well, Devil May Care won the Frizzette Stakes recently....

It's anyone's race.

Ravalo has 9 stakes wins at this distance, and like Ah Day, should stalk the pace and come closing. Fleet Valid is coming off 4 straight wins, Roaring Lion is in good form and is 3 for 3, and I'm also looking at Sacred Journey, who has 3 wins at this distance, good post position for winners, and good trainer. True Quality may be good in the slop.

I have to wait and see what kind of condition the track is in, but leaning toward Ravalo, Fleet Valid, Roaring Lion, Sacred Journey, and True Quality right now, with Ravalo in the WIN position.

gotta look up the wet stats.

Last edited by WinterTriangle; 10-24-2009 at 02:55 AM.
WinterTriangle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-24-2009, 09:50 AM   #9
fmolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterTriangle
Bisket, good luck with your pick. I haven't handicapped it thoroughly yet but those Malibu Moon's are doing well, Devil May Care won the Frizzette Stakes recently....

It's anyone's race.

Ravalo has 9 stakes wins at this distance, and like Ah Day, should stalk the pace and come closing. Fleet Valid is coming off 4 straight wins, Roaring Lion is in good form and is 3 for 3, and I'm also looking at Sacred Journey, who has 3 wins at this distance, good post position for winners, and good trainer. True Quality may be good in the slop.

I have to wait and see what kind of condition the track is in, but leaning toward Ravalo, Fleet Valid, Roaring Lion, Sacred Journey, and True Quality right now, with Ravalo in the WIN position.

gotta look up the wet stats.
I just revisited the pp's and i also am wary of the dutrow horse.Improving lines ,his connections when he was a 3 yr old entered him in graded stakes and he placed in a gr 3.Good tomlinson in the slop, and a sharp 5f work oct 20th lots to like here.Maybe a few exactas ah day over sacred journey,true quality and ravalo providing they are paying an overlaid price.I will also be checking the prices on ah day over vineyard haven.
fmolf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-24-2009, 10:08 AM   #10
bisket

dutrow's will be in the money. the entire field field are all speed types, and a good many want the lead. they all like exact same time for the first half. closers will win. ah day gets the set up he likes, and his best races are off a layoff. he's raced at this leve and has some of the best speed figs in the field. especially when he gets the pace he likes. peace chant is being underestimated. some may be impressed with vineyard's last one but i'm not. the two overlays in this one are good bets
Old 10-24-2009, 12:08 PM   #11
bisket

track will be fast. i'm dropping peace chant. he didn't work for 3 weeks after last race. that cancels him out. bisket rule #2 never bet a horse who hasn't worked in about two weeks after last race

Last edited by bisket; 10-24-2009 at 12:11 PM.
Old 10-24-2009, 01:43 PM   #12
joanied

Location: Wyoming, near Yellowstone Park...born/raised in Brooklyn,NY
Should be a smoker...fun to watch.
I love Vineyard Haven, but think the 6 is too short for him...

1-Scared Journey
2-Vineyard Haven
3-Ah Day
4-Ravalo

Good luck with your bets today everyone.
Laurel...man, takes me back!!

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us"
Gandalf the Grey
joanied is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-24-2009, 01:45 PM   #13
the_fat_man
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanied
Should be a smoker...fun to watch.
I love Vineyard Haven, but think the 6 is too short for him...
WOW
the_fat_man is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-24-2009, 02:41 PM   #14
slew101

No. 3 Ravalo for me with No. 1 Vineyard Haven in the exacta.
slew101 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-24-2009, 02:45 PM   #15
toetoe
Veteran

Ravalo and Peace Chant are my picks. Maybe save under Vineyard Haven in perfectas.
toetoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: