Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 02-17-2016, 09:37 PM   #1
RIsurfcaster

Hello to all my fellow horseplayers

Hello everyone! I'm new to the site, and new to this wonderful sport. I've been betting on horses for 2 years now, and I've been very lucky along the way. I cashed a pick 6 at gulfstream in my first year on a 3 dollar ticket. That wasn't due to my handicapping, but rather a great dose of beginners luck. Needless to say I'm hooked. Luckily i phased the pick 6 out of my bets because I don't have the bankroll to sustain the losing streaks that are sure to come with playing such a bet. I love handicapping. I'm still learning everyday, but i truly enjoy the challenge that handicapping presents. I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the wealth of information that this site provides. I love this sport and my 4 year old son is taking a liking to it as well. He fell in love with California Chrome during his failed triple crown bid, and always asks me when he's racing again. Thanks for all the information you provide here, hopefully someday I can contribute as well.
RIsurfcaster is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-17-2016, 09:46 PM   #2
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIsurfcaster
Hello everyone! I'm new to the site, and new to this wonderful sport. I've been betting on horses for 2 years now, and I've been very lucky along the way. I cashed a pick 6 at gulfstream in my first year on a 3 dollar ticket. That wasn't due to my handicapping, but rather a great dose of beginners luck. Needless to say I'm hooked. Luckily i phased the pick 6 out of my bets because I don't have the bankroll to sustain the losing streaks that are sure to come with playing such a bet. I love handicapping. I'm still learning everyday, but i truly enjoy the challenge that handicapping presents. I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the wealth of information that this site provides. I love this sport and my 4 year old son is taking a liking to it as well. He fell in love with California Chrome during his failed triple crown bid, and always asks me when he's racing again. Thanks for all the information you provide here, hopefully someday I can contribute as well.
Welcome RIsurfcaster

Hopefully many memories are created along the way for both YOU and YOUR son.

Enjoy and please...don't be shy!

EMD4ME
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-17-2016, 09:47 PM   #3
Alwaysonpoint36
loose on the lead

good luck and welcome
Old 02-17-2016, 10:10 PM   #4
RIsurfcaster

Thanks guys! Plenty of memories so far. I was at the Travers when AP lost... I'll never forget that.
Old 02-17-2016, 10:11 PM   #5
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Thanks guys! Plenty of memories so far. I was at the Travers when AP lost... I'll never forget that.
What a gorgeous day that was. I wish all horse days were like that one!
Old 02-18-2016, 12:14 AM   #6
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:

What an entrance! I like you already ...and a fellow surf fisherman, as well.
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-18-2016, 12:34 AM   #7
Dave Schwartz

Welcome RIsurfcaster.

Lots of good minds here for you to learn from (or to teach).
Dave Schwartz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-18-2016, 01:48 AM   #8
v j stauffer

WELCOME
Old 02-18-2016, 04:54 AM   #9
thaskalos

Great introduction, RIsurfcaster. Welcome aboard!
Old 02-18-2016, 06:33 AM   #10
tanner12oz

Quote:
even is losing that place was electric
tanner12oz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-18-2016, 11:38 AM   #11
rrpic6

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
What a gorgeous day that was. I wish all horse days were like that one!
Ditto! Runhappy and Keen Ice win in the Pick 4 sequence. Wish I hit the "repeat" button a few times on that one.

RR
Old 02-18-2016, 01:02 PM   #12
Jingle

Welcome to the Board. Great surfcasting in RI. and the Cape.
Jingle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-18-2016, 01:04 PM   #13
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrpic6
Ditto! Runhappy and Keen Ice win in the Pick 4 sequence. Wish I hit the "repeat" button a few times on that one.

RR
That pick 4 completely overpaid. I was shocked.
Old 02-18-2016, 01:15 PM   #14
Greyfox

Welcome RIsurfcaster.

May Dame Fortune help you along.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-18-2016, 03:39 PM   #15
RIsurfcaster

Thanks everyone! Surfcasting is great in RI... Just not in the winter. Can't wait for spring to break and all the good horse racing that comes along with it.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: