Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 11-05-2011, 08:11 PM   #31
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Syrup
I was one, but it was a $2 show bet. Anyone who would have had it in a tri or super would be livid.
"Stewards disallowed the objection, saying Courageous Cat and Goldikova were going for the same hole, and that Courageous Cat already was a beaten horse."

Complete and utter nonsense.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-05-2011, 08:28 PM   #32
Hanover1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
"Stewards disallowed the objection, saying Courageous Cat and Goldikova were going for the same hole, and that Courageous Cat already was a beaten horse."

Complete and utter nonsense.
So this is the excuse to justify the ruling? Would be nice to know the real reason. Some bettors get screwed no matter wich way this would have went. Seems they took the high road once again.....Kentucky just announced yesterday that the harness Futurity winner had a post race positive (MOMM) and he was left up, as well.....disgraceful, this lot.
Hanover1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-05-2011, 08:31 PM   #33
dinque

livid...had a small prop on c cat to beat gio ponti and a big prop on gio ponti to beat goldikova....to make things worse i got dq ed yesterday on a marginal call with the pletcher horse in the 2nd race....the non dq was one of the worst i have ever seen....
dinque is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-05-2011, 09:08 PM   #34
soupman2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Show bet on Gio Ponti?
Across the board bet, but Gio only had 10% of the show pool. With the other two bombs not catching much of the pool it would have been enough to at least let me bet some cash on the Classic.
soupman2 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-05-2011, 09:28 PM   #35
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
We'll have to agree to disagree, because I really think you are reaching just to be the contrarian here. I'll also add that your reasoning, the fouled horse wasn't persevered with, has never, ever been used to my knowledge as a reason to leave a horse up.
Not really that. I think PVal made the situation go from an easy dq to a no win situation. He was the only one to object as far as I see. The intent of the dq is to alter the order of placing in such a way to penalize the horse committing the foul if that horse cost others a placing. By quitting to ride, PVal essentially made that silly explanation of the stewards true. Why else would a rider give up if he had a sound horse if he wasn't beaten? PVal placed himself last, not the foul. No one else objected. I honestly believe if he hadn't quit, she would have been dqed because in that case she would have cost the placing. So I think you did just see it. Because of his dumbass ride, I honestly feel what 99.9% of the time would have been a horrible call ended up being the result truest to the intent of the rule.

I know you aren't a complainer and that's why I'm arguing it with you. Unlike way too many around here you can actually state a point of view that is well reasoned and actually recognizes facts. I agree with you it was a clear foul, but I feel the blame for the situation is not on the stewards, but on PVal.
OTM Al is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-05-2011, 10:48 PM   #36
MickJ26

The bottom line is the stewards weren't going to tarnish the repuatation of a legend by disqualifying in her final race. I'm not saying I agree with it. Any other horse would've come down.
MickJ26 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-05-2011, 11:05 PM   #37
Grits

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickJ26
The bottom line is the stewards weren't going to tarnish the repuatation of a legend by disqualifying in her final race. I'm not saying I agree with it. Any other horse would've come down.
With this, I believe you're correct. Exactly correct. Any other horse would've come down.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-05-2011, 11:22 PM   #38
Beachbabe

Well, it seems the chart caller agrees with the stewards. The only mention of the bumping of Courageous Cat, he blames on Zoffany.

I'm confused. Are we and all the TV commentators wrong ?

I haven't viewed the replays yet, but.....
Beachbabe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-05-2011, 11:23 PM   #39
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbabe
Well, it seems the chart caller agrees with the stewards. The only mention of the bumping of Courageous Cat, he blames on Zoffany.

I'm confused. Are we and all the TV commentators wrong ?

I haven't viewed the replays yet, but.....
The chart caller at Churchill is not one of the better ones out there. I'll leave it at that.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:45 AM   #40
samyn on the green

no call right call

I did not see the big deal. She was being herded and they switched out after being bumped in. The horse she bumped was backpedaling and bumped her first. There was no inquiry only a marginal objection. No call was the right call. It might have been the best call from Kentucky all week after some other blunders.
Old 11-06-2011, 04:42 PM   #41
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

According to joanied and Winter Triangle, who obviously still read the board, we are all evil gamblers because we don't care about Goldikova. Apparently, had she been DQed, she wouldn't have touched her feed tub and maybe even refused to breed later on. It would have really hurt the horse's feelings and ruined her reputation.
Old 11-06-2011, 05:41 PM   #42
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
According to joanied and Winter Triangle, who obviously still read the board, we are all evil gamblers because we don't care about Goldikova. Apparently, had she been DQed, she wouldn't have touched her feed tub and maybe even refused to breed later on. It would have really hurt the horse's feelings and ruined her reputation.
Had she been DQ'ed I could have afforded to get bred.
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-06-2011, 07:51 PM   #43
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

These are the same stewards who presided over the LAT fiasco last year.
What level of competence did anyone expect?

John, if you need a couple of bucks for a good cause......what are basterds for?
Old 11-06-2011, 08:56 PM   #44
1GCFAN

"I've never seen a jockey objection upheld by the stewards"

Try Friday's second race TP and Johnny V come down on a jock objection.
1GCFAN is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-07-2011, 06:44 AM   #45
statepierback

The stewards didn't have the stones to take her down. This reminds me of a race at Oaklawn where Jerry Bailey remained second after a clear foul. The purse money was later redistributed by court action. Politics!
P.Val's ride was just an example of P.Val being P.Val. The irony is if the french jock had waited longer for a hole to open she may not have been run down at the end.
statepierback is offline   Reply With Quote Reply