Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 11-04-2011, 07:10 AM   #61
gm10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits
Have you handicapped any of these races for Friday and Saturday?

He has two horses entered Saturday. Byword in the BC Mile and Brigantin in the BC Marathon.

I promise you, I wouldn't have mentioned his name had I not known he had horses entered. . . . .
Yes I know, he also has Announce on Friday, but is he actually there? I suspect he's not.
gm10 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-04-2011, 08:49 AM   #62
sammy the sage

You know...I find it...ROFLMFAO hilarious/hypercritical of those HERE or eleswhere bashing the Euro trainer's/owner's...after spending the MONEY they have...just to get IN the race...

Cause EVERY one YOU spending 1/1000th of that kinda money on a cruise ship that ran into storm w/rough seas and 1/2 of the iternary got cancelled...and you were sea sick...would DEMAND a refund or compensation...

or just getting served a cold steak..ect...

yep...that's right...EVERY ONE of YOU would totally REVERSE your HIGH and MIGHTY attitude if the roles WERE reversed...roflmfao at ya'll...just human nature...

by the way...I deal w/10k face to face transactions a year...I know...
Old 11-04-2011, 10:45 AM   #63
nijinski

He thought about it , business wise
http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse...sm/942311/top/
nijinski is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-04-2011, 10:55 AM   #64
FenceBored

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijinski
He thought about it , business wise
http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse...sm/942311/top/
Link's broken. Is this the story you're referencing?

RICHARD HANNON JNR, who on Thursday described racecourse officials at Churchill Downs as treating British trainers like "second-class citizens", has backtracked on his comments and has apologised "for any embarrassment" he has caused.

-- http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse-racing/richard-hannon-jnr-breeders-cup-hannon-jnr-backtracks-over-track-criticism/942311/latest/
FenceBored is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-04-2011, 11:03 AM   #65
forced89

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj

In any case, the dogs could have been set up to allow three horses to work. It wasn't going to do anything that running run race later in the day would do 5 times over.
Agree. BC should refuse to return to Churchill. Actions like these can result in fewer horses from overseas participating in the BC.
forced89 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-04-2011, 11:08 AM   #66
Grits

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm10
Yes I know, he also has Announce on Friday, but is he actually there? I suspect he's not.
You suspect? But you're not in a position to know for sure, so you can't say for certain?

He can be at home in France drinking fresh squeezed orange juice and downing croissants by the half dozen. Doesn't matter to me. He's the trainer/conditioner. And he's one of THE best.

I'm aware of Announce, as well. Thanks. You've looked at the entries now? This is nice. Wishing you good luck. Enjoy the two day Breeders' Cup that we, here in the USA, put on each year.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-04-2011, 11:15 AM   #67
Grits

In this country I believe we call this CYA.

Quote:
"Dad may not be a great lover of American racing, but he likes Americans and so do I - some of our most important owners in the yard come from the USA and they are friends as well as owners, so it is wrong to give the impression that we are anti-American".
Old 11-04-2011, 11:26 AM   #68
FenceBored

Quote:
Originally Posted by forced89
Agree. BC should refuse to return to Churchill. Actions like these can result in fewer horses from overseas participating in the BC.
VP and Track Superintendent Butch Lehr's comments from latest Bloodhorse article
“We’re going to let the horses train on turf today [Friday] because we’re racing on the hedge for the next two days and they’ll train in Lane 3 (22 feet out) around the dogs (cones set up on the course to keep the horses from too close to the inside hedge),” Lehr said. “Yesterday I had to cancel turf training because we ran the stakes race (the grade III Commonwealth Turf) in Lane 3 and we had to protect the lanes. The decision to cancel yesterday was made with safety in mind.”

Read more: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-raci...#ixzz1ckZXeVoA
FenceBored is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-04-2011, 11:55 AM   #69
gm10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits
In this country I believe we call this CYA.
I believe most of us will agree that this was an unfortunate situation where both sides slightly overreacted. It's onwards and upwards from here.

Last edited by gm10; 11-04-2011 at 11:57 AM.
gm10 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-04-2011, 12:16 PM   #70
Grits

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm10
I believe most of us will agree that this was an unfortunate situation where both sides slightly overreacted. It's onwards and upwards from here.
Indeed. Rearview mirror stuff now.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:54 PM   #71
nijinski

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenceBored
Link's broken. Is this the story you're referencing?

RICHARD HANNON JNR, who on Thursday described racecourse officials at Churchill Downs as treating British trainers like "second-class citizens", has backtracked on his comments and has apologised "for any embarrassment" he has caused.

-- http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse-racing/richard-hannon-jnr-breeders-cup-hannon-jnr-backtracks-over-track-criticism/942311/latest/
Thanks Fence bored , had to run and didn't see the link was broken , you got it.
Old 11-05-2011, 12:24 AM   #72
samyn on the green

they should stick to college football

Did you see the two absurd scratches today? The French horse brushed against the ambulance and was scratched! Talk about idiocy and overreaching after the "life At Ten" scandal last year.

This scratches validates why they have so many fast food restaurants in poalookaville USA. Unless standard operating procedure is clearly spelled out - the workers at McDonalds do not think but just follow a manual- those backwater idiots are capable of anything if they are given free rein. The closing of the turf course 2 days out is yet another example. That scratch today was a travesty for horse, owner, trainer and jockey. There should be someone from New York in charge of things like this as backwater Kentuckians should not be allowed to control an event as complex as the Breeders Cup.
Old 11-05-2011, 01:51 AM   #73
nijinski

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyn on the green
Did you see the two absurd scratches today? The French horse brushed against the ambulance and was scratched! Talk about idiocy and overreaching after the "life At Ten" scandal last year.

This scratches validates why they have so many fast food restaurants in poalookaville USA. Unless standard operating procedure is clearly spelled out - the workers at McDonalds do not think but just follow a manual- those backwater idiots are capable of anything if they are given free rein. The closing of the turf course 2 days out is yet another example. That scratch today was a travesty for horse, owner, trainer and jockey. There should be someone from New York in charge of things like this as backwater Kentuckians should not be allowed to control an event as complex as the Breeders Cup.
If you mean Announce , I know the jockey seemed upset but they found a small laceration on her leg and the Vet said with so little time they had to make that decision. It's just unfortunate for the connections.
Old 11-05-2011, 02:29 AM   #74
grant miller

how can hanndy cap the euro horse now ? bad move by the track
grant miller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: