Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 03-28-2023, 09:12 AM   #31
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
ALL of the "its" are sickos/crazy; just some more dangerous than others...IMO, of course.

MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-28-2023, 09:18 AM   #32
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
Packman? "man"??

MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-28-2023, 09:28 AM   #33
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

You don't know Pakman? He's a real peach.

Another whose brain was completely walloped by Trump.
Old 03-28-2023, 10:01 AM   #34
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
It's happening all over the world!

Crimes Committed by Transgender People
Wow! Tranny's aren't the poor oppressed victimized angels they have been made out to be, are they? Another leftist narrative blown to smithereens...
Old 03-28-2023, 10:14 AM   #35
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Wow! Tranny's aren't the poor oppressed victimized angels they have been made out to be, are they? Another leftist narrative blown to smithereens...
I wonder how much Call of Duty the shooter played in their spare time...it's amazing how much the gaming community gets away with in the face of all these mass shootings...

And make no mistake...I'm a fan...play it all the time...but in this day and age of MASSIVE censorship here in the good ol' US of A, how is it an entire industry devoted to allowing young, impressionable people to blow each other away with automatic weapons - virtually - has escaped scrutiny, for the most part?

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 03-28-2023 at 10:17 AM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-28-2023, 10:55 AM   #36
United Puett
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
I wonder how much Call of Duty the shooter played in their spare time...it's amazing how much the gaming community gets away with in the face of all these mass shootings...

And make no mistake...I'm a fan...play it all the time...but in this day and age of MASSIVE censorship here in the good ol' US of A, how is it an entire industry devoted to allowing young, impressionable people to blow each other away with automatic weapons - virtually - has escaped scrutiny, for the most part?
So you've decided that the shooter plays Call of Duty (even tho you have no idea), and then you've also concluded that the gaming community is in some way responsible for mass shootings and is "getting away" with something..

Solid reasoning, Tipper Gore

Just remember, Call of Duty is only played in the US, right? Maybe that's why the rest of the civilized world doesn't have mass shootings every other day like we do.. they're not being influenced by the evil gaming community..
United Puett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-28-2023, 11:06 AM   #37
United Puett
Veteran

OH WELL

Old 03-28-2023, 11:09 AM   #38
United Puett
Veteran

You know you're on solid ground when the Senate Chaplain feels he has to admonish you

Old 03-28-2023, 11:16 AM   #39
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by United Puett View Post
So you've decided that the shooter plays Call of Duty (even tho you have no idea), and then you've also concluded that the gaming community is in some way responsible for mass shootings and is "getting away" with something..

Just remember, Call of Duty is only played in the US, right? Maybe that's why the rest of the civilized world doesn't have mass shootings every other day like we do.. they're not being influenced by the evil gaming community..
I did write "I wonder"....so...there's that

Also, the rest of the "civilized world" does have mass shootings...

Which country has the highest COD sales, by the way? Glad you asked:

https://abiosgaming.com/press/call-o...orth%20America.

So, actually, your reply to me is full of giant holes. I'd say nice try...but it actually wasn't.

Quote:
It’s similar for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, the same game that’s played in the Call of Duty League. The US makes up the majority of players at a whopping 31%. The country after that is the United Kingdom at 5.6%, a major jump.

With the majority of players being from the United States, it’s no surprise that the majority of people interested in watching professional Call of Duty are also from North America.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 03-28-2023 at 11:17 AM.
Old 03-28-2023, 11:28 AM   #40
boxcar

Quote:

PA is right about the gaming industry, as there is certainly a correlation (not to be confused with cause) between playing games of violence and the actual commission of violent crimes. The industry peddles games of violence, in the name of entertainment or recreation, to people who are already prone to violence by nature. The industry, therefore, is not part of the solution but part of the problem. What the gaming industry does is analogous to a purveyor of booze providing alcoholic beverages for alcoholics to consume, and expecting a positive result. But the reality is that fallen mankind is in dire need of virtuous things to consume in order to influence us to embark on more noble pursuits.

A couple of months or so ago I created a thread about the large amount of violent crimes committed by young people -- even children in many cases. I am led to wonder how big a role violent video games play in influencing children to act out their violent fantasies that are fed by those games.
Old 03-28-2023, 11:28 AM   #41
baconswitchfarm

Quote:

Solid reasoning, Tipper Gore :ThmbUp:

Just remember, Call of Duty is only played in the US, right? Maybe that's why the rest of the civilized world doesn't have mass shootings every other day like we do.. they're not being influenced by the evil gaming community.. :blush: :blush:
I've gone from pong, Atari,colecovision Nintendo , all the way to current games. The current games have a hand in the violence of today I'm sorry to say. The current call of duty and first person shooter games are great but I can see how they desensitize young kids to brutal violence. I don't have the answer but any study that says otherwise is just out there helping the gaming companies .
baconswitchfarm is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-28-2023, 11:45 AM   #42
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

"SHOOTING" down United Puett's replies, one image at a time:

Attached Images
File Type: gif Screenshot 2023-03-28 114454.gif (36.7 KB, 10 views)
Old 03-28-2023, 11:49 AM   #43
United Puett
Veteran

All evidence to the contrary, but hey, go with what you're comfortable with.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/05/s...s-studies.html

Might also want to throw in some "vaxxed to the hilt!" while you're at it.

PS: It's the guns
Old 03-28-2023, 12:06 PM   #44
xtb

Quote:

No, it's the human. Weapons are just a tool. Ban guns and the human will find another tool.

"Gun Free" zones are part of the problem, virtually all mass shootings take place in gun free zones. They are dangerous places to be.

Also, why do we protect money and jewels with guns? Why do we not protect children with guns?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg pencilandguns.jpg (46.5 KB, 1 views)
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-28-2023, 12:07 PM   #45
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
All evidence to the contrary, but hey, go with what you're comfortable with.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/05/s...s-studies.html

Might also want to throw in some "vaxxed to the hilt!" while you're at it.

So your initial reply, where you assumed the USA wasn't far and away the highest consumer of COD, was proven dead wrong...you're welcome.

Gotta protect that Hollywood/Entertainment industry at all costs...cause...you know...they're all anti-OrangeManBad....I get it.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 03-28-2023 at 12:08 PM.