Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-10-2022, 10:25 AM   #1696
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
The New World Order
This is funny to me.
Old 11-10-2022, 07:25 PM   #1697
newtothegame

Rarely do even post much anymore....
But seriously ELY, I enjoy your post in this thread!
My sincerest condolences on your pet! Thats always very tough.....
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
newtothegame is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-10-2022, 08:02 PM   #1698
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
Rarely do even post much anymore....
But seriously ELY, I enjoy your post in this thread!
My sincerest condolences on your pet! Thats always very tough.....
Enjoy a GRAD barrage. (Kherson most likely because of the terrain)

In other news Ukraine is moving slowly into Kherson trying to keep artillery in range of withdrawing Russian forces.

They made it clear in the statement yesterday they aren't going to just let the Russians leave.
Old 11-11-2022, 08:53 AM   #1699
elysiantraveller

Kherson has been liberated. Advanced AFU units already at the city center. Flag has been changed.

Old 11-11-2022, 09:52 AM   #1700
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

With all this success, why would our esteemed Gen. Mark Miley say something like:

"we don't know what the future holds, but we think there are some possibilities here for some diplomatic solutions."

Diplomatic solutions?

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/11/11/russ...e-updates.html

The last person who hinted at something like that (Elon Musk) was told to FUCK OFF, I believe...by Ukraine itself...
Old 11-11-2022, 02:02 PM   #1701
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
With all this success, why would our esteemed Gen. Mark Miley say something like:

"we don't know what the future holds, but we think there are some possibilities here for some diplomatic solutions."

Diplomatic solutions?

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/11/11/russ...e-updates.html

The last person who hinted at something like that (Elon Musk) was told to FUCK OFF, I believe...by Ukraine itself...
Elon Musk suggested Ukraine relinquish the territories it literally just took back to some sort of sham referendum.

You have this habit of equivocating things that aren't alike quite frequently.

Fact of the matter is Ukraine is likely exhausted. They've been sustaining offensives over multiple axis for two months. All of which have been successful. Anything that would slow the intensity of combat would probably be welcomed by them at the moment.

Meanwhile Russia gets to notch another failure into its belt. It will not be able to cut Ukraine off from the sea and has just ceded a major port. Meanwhile their strategic position is significantly worse as any Ukrainian thrust out of Zaporizhzhia threatens to completely choke off Crimea.

To make matters worse the Ukrainains can decide how they'd like to do it either going for Melitopol or being more ambitious and going for Mariupol.

With the Kerch Bridge out (March at the earliest and this is Russia we're talking about) the Russian situation is so dire right now we're beginning to see this...

If there was ever a time to show Russia a off-ramp and for them to take it... now would be that moment.

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 11-11-2022 at 02:05 PM.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-11-2022, 02:23 PM   #1702
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
You have this habit of equivocating things that aren't alike quite frequently.
Yeah, I know...crazy me...they weren't both diplomatic solutions, so how could I be so fucking crazy as to try and equivocate...what a nutbar I am...
Old 11-11-2022, 03:06 PM   #1703
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Yeah, I know...crazy me...they weren't both diplomatic solutions, so how could I be so fucking crazy as to try and equivocate...what a nutbar I am...
You and I both know there is a difference.

Mark Milley is a seasoned command officer with multiple campaigns under his belt. Perhaps the Russians want to cry uncle.

Elon Musk is a eccentric billionaire who is so terrified of nuclear war he decided to leap into the space travel business.

Musk got shit on because he suggested Ukrainian capitulation... while they were winning... literally, as of today they have liberated one of the territories he was willing to put on the chopping block.

======================================

Gonna do a break here.

One thing you're going to start to notice though is that the United States and Ukraine are going to soften their rhetoric.

The why we won't know. Especially with Ukrainian Opsec being shockingly good. There are two theories though and 1 or both may be a bit true.

1) Russia is losing and losing badly. In order to keep the coalition supporting Ukraine together the olive branch of peace, whether genuine or for PR, may need to start making a appearance occasionally.

2) Ukraine is exhausted and would seek settlement. This option also seems unlikely as everything in Ukraine still points to insanely high morale. Depending on terms though I suppose a settled peace could be possible. It would undoubtedly end with Ukraine entering security partnerships though with the United States and larger NATO allies.
Old 11-11-2022, 03:18 PM   #1704
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

All I know is that up until I read that article on CNBC, the words "negotiate" or "settlement" or even "diplomatic solution" were absolutely VERBOTEN in the US mainstream media...mention it, in WHATEVER context, and you would be almost immediately dismissed as either a lover of Putin or just an all-around Russian sympathizer, and most definitely anti-Ukraine.

And Mark Milley (despite any actual military accomplishments) is, was and always has been a fucking joke.

The fact that Trump picked him just goes to show you what an idiot Trump can be.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 11-11-2022 at 03:19 PM.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-11-2022, 03:33 PM   #1705
elysiantraveller

Quote:
All I know is that up until I read that article on CNBC, the words "negotiate" or "settlement" or even "diplomatic solution" were absolutely VERBOTEN in the US mainstream media...mention it, in WHATEVER context, and you would be almost immediately dismissed as either a lover of Putin or just an all-around Russian sympathizer, and most definitely anti-Ukraine.
It still is. There is no mention of any diplomatic solution that undermines the territorial integrity of Ukraine. That is exactly what Musk did though.

Quote:
And Mark Milley (despite any actual military accomplishments) is, was and always has been a fucking joke.

The fact that Trump picked him just goes to show you what an idiot Trump can be.
Milley knows how wars are fought. He's fought a few of them.

Remarkable hearing you say that about Trump though when most of my posting here the last 7 years usually centered around me calling him a fucking idiot.

The rememberance of Trump by posters in this place is going to wild after we watch what is about to unfold... unfold...

Not to derail of course.

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 11-11-2022 at 03:35 PM.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-11-2022, 04:37 PM   #1706
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
Remarkable hearing you say that about Trump though when most of my posting here the last 7 years usually centered around me calling him a fucking idiot.
I don't know why. I've criticized Trump plenty of times over the years.

You must not be reading as closely as you used to.
Old 11-13-2022, 02:02 AM   #1707
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

If only we didn't have all that funny business with Hunter and Joe and the rest of his crime family related to UKRAINE years ago...maybe my mind wouldn't be so tainted as I watch this comedy:

Old 11-13-2022, 02:10 AM   #1708
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Is that really Zelensky? Hell, I'd be dancing with a spent Javelin too if the US made it rain on me that hard...lulz

Old 11-14-2022, 08:17 AM   #1709
classhandicapper

Quote:
Don't listen to all that idiotic US/western propaganda. They are all FOS. Americans are dumb and dumber for listening to anything from our press.

I told you what the likely future holds.

1. Russia will continue to decimate the infrastructure of Ukraine (ongoing).

2. A hundred thousand or more Ukrainian refugees without shelter, heat, water, electricity, and food will start flowing into western Europe when the weather gets really cold during the winter.

3. The populations of the western countries will ramp up the pressure on their own governments to find a peaceful solution as the refugees pour in, their own energy and food shortages get worse, and their quality of life continues to deteriorate badly.

Then there are two possibilities.

1. Both sides will go to the table and negotiate an agreement that could have been reached BEFORE all this death and destruction.

2. European leaders under pressure from the war mongers in the US will refuse to negotiate and continue the fight.

If they choose option 2, Russia will continue decimating Ukraine.

When it gets to the point that Ukraine will be rebuilding for decades and there's no chance of NATO moving into Ukraine any time soon, Russia will declare victory and leave.

As Russia leaves the west will declare victory for saving Ukraine.

So who won?

No one. We could have negotiated peace before this ever started. Instead, we have massive death, massive destruction, hundreds of billion of dollars spent and you I will foot the bill to rebuild Ukraine.

Who really won?

Russia. Their goal of keeping Ukraine from becoming a NATO member that is a real threat to their national security would have been achieved for long enough.

How anyone cannot see how evil the US neocons are after all the unnecessary death and destruction they are responsible for around the world in the last couple of decades is amazing to me. These guys are Hitleresque evil. They never saw a country they didn't want to go to war with unless that country bowed down the US. They are literally insane. And the US population is dumb enough to buy all the propaganda whether it's Iraq, Libya, Syria, Ukraine and whoever is next. No amount of blood is enough to satisfy these Vampires.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 11-14-2022 at 08:21 AM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-14-2022, 09:05 PM   #1710
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
If...;

Decimating your own military setting it back decades.

Destroying any international prestige you might have had.

Fracturing the CSTO.

Expanding NATO.

Losing a ground war to the poorest country in Europe.

Eroding your once iron grip on power (Putin).

If all of that is #winning.... fuck me... I don't want to know what your definition of losing is.