Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 4.20 average.
Old 01-25-2016, 08:43 PM   #901
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasch
SAM HOUSTON RACE 1 MONDAY JANUARY 25th

New York jockeys better hope to never see the Sam Houston stewards arrive there.

WOW is all I can say about that DQ

(and I have no monetary interest in the race I am just watching TVG)
The Sam Houston website did not show the head on. The pan shot showed nothing in the way of evidence as to the DQ......
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-25-2016, 08:45 PM   #902
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespaah
The Sam Houston website did not show the head on. The pan shot showed nothing in the way of evidence as to the DQ......
Watched it on NYRA rewards, not sure if you have access to that.

My lord, that literally happens in every single NYRA race every day at some point of the race.

I have zero issue with the stewards setting a tone. Heck, I'm just glad their stewards have a tone (and a pulse ). Unlike NYRA where their decisions give a dark impression on what they're thinking & doing.
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-25-2016, 08:52 PM   #903
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
AQU Jan 15, 2016 Race 1 and Race 6. Head ons MUST be VIEWED.

If you watch both heads on, the hair on your arms will raise in disgust as to who is being "favored" by the Stewards.

Jose gets put up in race 1 for an "infraction". By the way, there was a fly in between the 2 horses, the fly is in perfect condition after the supposed incident.

His brother, JUST 5 races later, if viewed by an attorney general, could be charged with attempted murder but IT'S OK, as it was Iherd who did the violating of rules. Not only NO CHANGE. THERE WASN'T EVEN A BLINK of the number. 2 Massive, reckless to the point of imminent danger Iherds by Iherd yet there wasn't even a BLINK (Inquiry).

Last edited by EMD4ME; 01-25-2016 at 08:54 PM.
Old 01-25-2016, 08:56 PM   #904
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
Watched it on NYRA rewards, not sure if you have access to that.

My lord, that literally happens in every single NYRA race every day at some point of the race.

I have zero issue with the stewards setting a tone. Heck, I'm just glad their stewards have a tone (and a pulse ). Unlike NYRA where their decisions give a dark impression on what they're thinking & doing.
Due to my unfortunate happenstance to reside in the buckle of the Bible Belt( they ain't gamblin' allowed roun these parts) I cannot place a bet on NYRA rewards or any other US based site.....So no video.....GRRRRRR.
Old 01-25-2016, 08:59 PM   #905
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Due to my unfortunate happenstance to reside in the buckle of the Bible Belt( they ain't gamblin' allowed roun these parts) I cannot place a bet on NYRA rewards or any other US based site.....So no video.....GRRRRRR.
http://www.calracing.com/live-video/replays/

Miss Hymm was a runner's name in the race. Just do a search by horse's name.
Old 01-25-2016, 09:24 PM   #906
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
http://www.calracing.com/live-video/replays/

Miss Hymm was a runner's name in the race. Just do a search by horse's name.
DARN I just noticed the button on top indicating "head on" What a dope I am......
But thanks for the link!
Old 01-25-2016, 09:26 PM   #907
thespaah

Ok...Does anyone have any idea why the first finisher was taken down? Cuz i sure did not see anything worth getting in a huff about.....
The other thing is, the rider of the did not claim foul.....
Old 01-28-2016, 06:58 PM   #908
azeri98

I had the in the last at Aq today got taken down and they put the 40-1 shot up. The did come across and hit the but I think the got the worst of it,he had passed the fell back then passed him again. The last 6 races that I have had a horse involved in a dq I have been on the wrong side every time, just brutal.
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-30-2016, 06:09 PM   #909
Kash$
Veteran

GP last race 3 was trying to squeeze thru a hole which wasnt open
Kash$ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-31-2016, 10:14 AM   #910
rgustafson

That one cost me a bunch of money as I had both #6 What Power who finished first and also #3 Sevens who was allegedly interfered with and wound up finishing third on my pick four ticket. Assuming that the stewards felt the interference cost Sevens a better placing rather than necessarily thinking the horse would have won the race. Regardless the decision resulted in What Power having to be placed behind Sevens and giving the race to #4 El Ciclon who I don't think would have been better than third otherwise.
rgustafson is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-31-2016, 01:20 PM   #911
NJ Stinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgustafson
That one cost me a bunch of money as I had both #6 What Power who finished first and also #3 Sevens who was allegedly interfered with and wound up finishing third on my pick four ticket. Assuming that the stewards felt the interference cost Sevens a better placing rather than necessarily thinking the horse would have won the race. Regardless the decision resulted in What Power having to be placed behind Sevens and giving the race to #4 El Ciclon who I don't think would have been better than third otherwise.
I needed the #6 and/or #3 to win the Pick 3.

If that had been my first experience betting on horses, it would have been my last.
Old 01-31-2016, 03:53 PM   #912
rgustafson

Agree with you, and then after awhile I wondered since this was a mandatory play in the NHC if there wasn't a significant affect on the contest standings and I'm sure anybody so affected made our losses look like a pittance
rgustafson is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-31-2016, 05:03 PM   #913
RXB

I bet the firster 6 that got DQ'ed in that race yesterday, and I thought that it could've gone either way so I didn't mind too much.

But today in the 9th race the 7 obviously drifted out and interfered with the 5 in a very close finish yet the GP stewards left it up. Mindboggling how inconsistent they are.
RXB is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-31-2016, 05:07 PM   #914
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RXB
I bet the firster 6 that got DQ'ed in that race yesterday, and I thought that it could've gone either way so I didn't mind too much.

But today in the 9th race the 7 obviously drifted out and interfered with the 5 in a very close finish yet the GP stewards left it up. Mindboggling how inconsistent they are.
They are VERY consistent. The consistently NEVER disqualify TAP.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-31-2016, 05:17 PM   #915
RXB

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
They are VERY consistent. The consistently NEVER disqualify TAP.
Yeah, love how they pulled out the "insufficient evidence" excuse for that one. I guess watching the 5 run a straight path before being bumped and pushed out several paths by the 7 in a race decided by a head is insufficient evidence when Todd's horse is the one doing the interference.
RXB is offline   Reply With Quote Reply