Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 04-21-2014, 05:52 PM   #31
HUSKER55

it was passed without being read......and YOUR policy is worthless,...even if it pays.

No Balls.......No baby!

Have you ever noticed that those who do not have a pot to piss in nor a window to throw it out of always seem to know how to handle the money of those who do.
HUSKER55 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-21-2014, 07:01 PM   #32
cj's dad

This was probably missed by most. The gubermint cares so much about how I am covered by health care that this is what happened to me:

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...d.php?t=111887
Old 04-21-2014, 07:04 PM   #33
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame
Be careful using that 7 million number...lol
There is a reason that the WH can NOT say how many have paid premiums and are actually insured.....
Perhaps the White House should talk to some folks down in Georgia, who have figured out how to do the impossible and actually count the data. There are some cynics that say that the White House has the actual numbers but is too embarrassed to release them. If their results are anything like Georgia's, it is understandable.

Quote:
Georgia insurers received more than 220,000 applications for health coverage in the Affordable Care Act’s exchange as of the official federal deadline of March 31, state officials said Wednesday.

Insurance Commissioner Ralph Hudgens, though, said premiums have been received for only 107,581 of those policies, which cover 149,465 people.
Old 04-21-2014, 07:36 PM   #34
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/201...-see-a-doctor/

Mirella Nguyen works at the clinic said staffers dutifully helped uninsured clients sign up for Obamacare so they would no longer need the free clinic.

But months later, the clinic’s former patients are coming back to the clinic begging for help. “They’re coming back to us now and saying I can’t find a doctor, “said Nguyen.

Thinn Ong was thrilled to qualify for a subsidy on the health care exchange. She is paying $200 a month in premiums. But the single mother of two is asking, what for?

“Yeah, I sign it. I got it. But where’s my doctor? Who’s my doctor? I don’t know,” said a frustrated Ong.

Nguyen said the newly insured patients checked the physicians’ lists they were provided and were told they weren’t accepting new patients or they did not participate in the plan.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/201...-see-a-doctor/
Maybe they should move to Washington where they had to close a clinic because all their patients moved to Obamacare.
http://www.theolympian.com/2014/04/2...%2F99%2F109%2F
Old 04-21-2014, 07:40 PM   #35
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost
Maybe they should move to Washington where they had to close a clinic because all their patients moved to Obamacare.
I started to read and then noticed it was filed under "opinion".

That's kind of funny. Okay, now I will try to read it.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-21-2014, 07:47 PM   #36
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
The tea-party has taken over the mainstream media. Isn't it obvious? Why else would there be these stories on places like cbslocal. They should rename it cbsteaparty.com

This is just one, very minor, local, technical glitch, that will be sorted out quickly and efficiently, once dear-leader is informed. He watches out for all of us and fixes all little glitches as soon as He learns of them.
Because bad news is always a story and good news never is.

Why does the story contain zero information on how many could not find doctors? There is only one example given. How many of those former patients have found doctors and no longer need the clinic. From the evidence in Olympia, Washington, I would say quite a few.
Old 04-21-2014, 07:55 PM   #37
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
And what the **** does that have to do with these poor people who can't find a doctor?

You can pivot all you want, your program is shit!

Btw, numbers adding up to 2 million of your 8 million Obamacare sign-ups are new. So you screwed over the entire country for less than 1% of the population?

Btw, some states are reporting less than 48% of Obamacare sign ups are paid for. Can't wait for the cancellation rate to come out, right around the election!

Tick Tock........as the Rolling Stones said.......Time is on my side.........

Last edited by JustRalph; 04-21-2014 at 07:56 PM.
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-21-2014, 08:03 PM   #38
johnhannibalsmith

The bad news is, with the clinics closing regardless of the slant in each example, now most of those that can't get a doctor that they need will go straight to ER. Just like the study concluded and thus why these proclamations of what people will do and how it would be an improvement upon a major criticism of the "status quo" is a steamy pile. Nerds predicting human behavior when they can't relate to about 85% of the population in any way whatsoever, especially when making nothing but assumptions that as a condition must be valid, and we listen to that crap as thought it is the gospel for years and years.

I'll be interested to read how these scenarios really do turn out over the next few years if anyone covers it.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-21-2014, 08:08 PM   #39
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame
Be careful using that 7 million number...lol
There is a reason that the WH can NOT say how many have paid premiums and are actually insured.....
Of course with the new accounting measures, I am sure all will be just groovy baby!!!
The numbers on how many have paid come from the insurance companies not the White House. The White House only passes the numbers along. The also have nothing to do with the Census Bureau's new procedures.

While we don't have numbers on paid and unpaid from everywhere, what we do have shows better than 85% have paid already.

You keep missing the point that everybody does not have to pay yet.

"People who enrolled between 2/16 and 3/15 don't even start coverage until April 1st, while anyone who enrolls between 3/16 - 3/31 won't start coverage until May 1st. In many cases, their first month's premium won't even be due until up to 6 weeks or more after they enroll."

That quote was from a blog written on March 21st. so those whose coverage started on April 1 should have paid. Those whose coverage starts on May 1 are not delinquent yet and won't be. Come to think of it, you miss a lot of points.
Old 04-21-2014, 08:22 PM   #40
davew

Quote:
I am not sure if I would call a volunteer service ran in the Union Gospel Mission a clinic.

Last edited by davew; 04-21-2014 at 08:25 PM.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-21-2014, 08:25 PM   #41
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett
This is only the tip of the iceberg, the nightmare will get much worse. Few who have signed up have had the opportunity this person did to find out how severely they've been screwed.
Also, millions that signed up most likely haven't paid anything thus-far, so technically they haven't boarded the sinking ship. I'm sure many are having 2nd thoughts as more stories surface, and ultimately would see themselves better off risking the $90 fine. Of course, who says they'll pay that either if even they're able to.
The entire program's a huge joke that's bound to eventually fail completely, as it probably should.
You are just like the guys over in the California Chrome thread who are absolutely certain he will fail to do something he has not even attempted yet. Not only that but you are woefully uninformed. The overwhelming majority (85%+ ) of those who signed up have paid. Most of those who did not pay are not due yet. For every story of someone having problems with the ACA I can and have posted stories of successes. And mine have withstood scrutiny. I can't say the same for yours.
Old 04-21-2014, 08:48 PM   #42
tucker6

Quote:
The numbers on how many have paid come from the insurance companies not the White House. The White House only passes the numbers along. The also have nothing to do with the Census Bureau's new procedures.

While we don't have numbers on paid and unpaid from everywhere, what we do have shows better than 85% have paid already.

You keep missing the point that everybody does not have to pay yet.

"People who enrolled between 2/16 and 3/15 don't even start coverage until April 1st, while anyone who enrolls between 3/16 - 3/31 won't start coverage until May 1st. In many cases, their first month's premium won't even be due until up to 6 weeks or more after they enroll."

That quote was from a blog written on March 21st. so those whose coverage started on April 1 should have paid. Those whose coverage starts on May 1 are not delinquent yet and won't be. Come to think of it, you miss a lot of points.
Interesting that except for Georgia, every one of those states is blue to the point of purple.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-21-2014, 08:49 PM   #43
tucker6

Quote:
So Obama has no influence over the Census Bureau, whose head honcho serves at the pleasure of one Mr Obama. Do you even think before typing?
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-21-2014, 08:54 PM   #44
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
Ignore this thread.
That's a great idea.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:13 PM   #45
Clocker

Quote:
For every story of someone having problems with the ACA I can and have posted stories of successes.
Proving what? Millions of people lost their policies that they wanted to keep. Millions of people are facing very large, perhaps even life changing, increases in insurance premiums. Millions of people are having trouble finding or keeping a doctor. None of your little numbers or little stories justify screwing those people. Nothing justifies hurting those people and disrupting their lives.

Even granting your numbers, an absurdity, if 8 million people signed up and 85% paid, that's 6.8 million. You tout that number like it is a major victory. It is not. It is an indication of failure.

The more people that sign up on the exchanges, the more people that are getting screwed. How many of those people are worse off than they were before? Probably the majority. How can anyone consider denying people freedom of choice and forcing to do something they hate a good thing?

And you are gleeful about all this without even considering who is getting hurt. It ain't the millionaires and billionaires. This program is screwing over the working guy, the lower middle class people that are just getting by.

And in a further example of hypocrisy and unintended consequences, ObamaCare is increasing income inequality, the defining issue of our time according to Fearless Leader.