Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 05-06-2019, 06:04 PM   #1
Grits

Appeal denied by Kentucky officials

https://www.horseracingnation.com/ne...?fbclid=IwAR0l
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-06-2019, 06:23 PM   #2
BlueChip@DRF
Random Numbers Generator

Location: In the grandstand looking under the seats for tickets or food
Old 05-06-2019, 06:46 PM   #3
dilanesp

Not surprising. The court challenge is next I guess.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-06-2019, 10:16 PM   #4
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
Not surprising. The court challenge is next I guess.
The owner says the court challenge is based on the judgement call of the stewards being wrong as to which horse caused the problems, and asking a court to watch the films and rule that Will to Win caused the chaos at the end of the race.

He is also now upset that the Derby had 20 entrants, instead of the 14 that most big races have. I guess he didn't know about that when he entered his horse.
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/maxim...-appeal-denied
Old 05-07-2019, 10:42 AM   #5
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

And they short-filled his 20 ounce beer too!
Old 05-07-2019, 10:56 AM   #6
Grits

Lawsuit now filed.

https://www.horseracingnation.com/ne...Derby_results_

Apparently, the West need a new racing manager. He doesn't know the rule book, and what it states.

Other incidents are moot!!

Quote:
“We’re saying that because that rider (Tyler Gaffalione aboard War of Will) didn’t claim a foul, and we see the same thing that you see, that the other incidents are a moot issue for us, because it wasn’t us," Glass told HRN.
Old 05-07-2019, 11:20 AM   #7
Grits

"The points system is the real problem here."

One cannot make this stuff up. At the bottom of the lawsuit story I linked above at Horse Racing Nation are comments such as these two. I'm dumbfounded. ... This dude is NUTS.

Quote:
The points system is a real problem here, There are no real sprint horses to make it to force an honest pace and too many win one and you are in so there are clumps of horses tripping on each other in a 20 horse field. They either have to change the points system to get more sprinters and force winning more than one prep or cut down on the number of horses to 12 or 14.
Quote:
I agree with you, but maybe this will force change because it obviously is playing very badly for horse racing in the media.
The points system is the problem leading to horses being all the same type of runner and basically a big clump.The best horse did not win, was not second and a good one was disqualified. I am not saying by handicapping but the race itself. You could see jockey's desperately looking for an opening to get around the leading clump. It was not "racing luck" but totally manufactured by the points system.
If it is not changed and there is not a obviously dominating horse in the mix like Justify then this will happen again or worse with a horse falling.
Old 05-07-2019, 11:27 AM   #8
f2tornado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits View Post
"The points system is the real problem here."

One cannot make this stuff up. At the bottom of the lawsuit story I linked above at Horse Racing Nation are comments such as these two. I'm dumbfounded. ... This dude is NUTS.
A nonstarter in by book. There has been no appreciable change in Derby pace with the points system. Perhaps Omaha would have livened up the 3/4 fraction otherwise the 7 was on the engine and could have set up a faster pace. Perhaps he should have. The rider obviously had enough horse.
f2tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-07-2019, 11:30 AM   #9
bobphilo

This appeal is a joke. I have been advocating for a smaller Derby field for years but that doesn't mean we should turn a blind eye to fouls.
We talk about frivolous foul claims by jockeys? How about frivolous appeals made by owners?
bobphilo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply