Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 05-08-2019, 10:18 AM   #46
Grits

Quote:
Originally Posted by delsully View Post
I took your advice, precious Bill Mott, noted defender of other people’s fouled horses, improved from 13% to 25% in ONE year. So by your logic, he must have been getting the best drugs available.

And since Mott has already been fined and suspended for overages, another doper has won the Derby. Thankfully, it’s the one you and all his other fanboys love!

And you think I've not looked at Mott's stats? Or, that Mott spent years and years and six figures in attorney's fees fighting an overage. Silly.

BTW, I don't own any pearls, there's nothing more aging. I've got other jewelry you can borrow if jewelry's your thang.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-08-2019, 10:19 AM   #47
elhelmete

Quote:
That’s not how it’s done in polite society.
I wish someone would share with me the secret list of trainers, owners, and jocks that are approved to be directly accused of specific things vs. those that are only approved for it via insinuation.
elhelmete is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-08-2019, 10:35 AM   #48
delsully
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits View Post
And you think I've not looked at Mott's stats? Or, that Mott spent years and years and six figures in attorney's fees fighting an overage. Silly.

BTW, I don't own any pearls, there's nothing more aging. I've got other jewelry you can borrow if jewelry's your thang.
Why is Serice a doper when his stats increase 10% in 3 years and not Mott when his increases 12% in one year?

Has Servis been suspended for overages like Mott?

So Mott spending money fighting it means it didn’t happen?

You have all the answers, enlighten us.
delsully is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-08-2019, 11:20 AM   #49
Dream_Police

Yes, PA and Grits the name calling, I admit was over the top, but to insinuate that my comment about Mott's comments were either made up or just flat out wrong are misleading and wrong in itself. I was wrong on the $ amount of what Mott said but the rest was correct. Casse as well made some comments that were a bit hypocritical, by that I mean if he thought his horse could have been seriously hurt or worse he should have lodged a claim no matter where he finished. I guess I was upset not with the DQ but in the whole manner in which it was handled. I will agree that I let my emotions get the better of me but to insinuate that I am a liar or was lying about what Mott said is disingenuous in itself. I also believe that in my first post on this thread Casse was the only one I called a name and I have apologized for that and the other off-colored remark was describing the way in which Mott went about lodging a foul and at no point in my post did I call him a derogatory name.
By the way my first post was 3/29/17 not 3 years after I joined.
Thanks delsully.

Last edited by Dream_Police; 05-08-2019 at 11:25 AM.
Dream_Police is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-08-2019, 12:05 PM   #50
Grits

Dream Police, water under the bridge. It gets heated here, as you know, as you've been reading for a long time. Then, after the storm, things calm. They get back to normal. I try to keep horseracing in perspective in relation to all of life. There is much more to living, in the way, not only of joy, but of adversity, as well.

If I win my wagers, I'm happy. If I lose my wagers, I let it go. Some don't like hearing it, yet still, I've always maintained, if I've not set the money apart, knowing there's great possibility that I can lose it, then I have absolutely no business betting on horses. Too, it's always been my belief that women can sit on their hands and pick their spots better than men.

I feel for the Wests but I think they are hurting themselves by litigating this disqualification. The Kentucky Derby is a mere blip on the radar screen of achievements when one looks at the incredible philanthropic work they have done to benefit others. It will long be remembered, and most likely, will still be active, long after they've left this world.

I'm sorry for being ugly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Police View Post
Yes, PA and Grits the name calling, I admit was over the top, but to insinuate that my comment about Mott's comments were either made up or just flat out wrong are misleading and wrong in itself. I was wrong on the $ amount of what Mott said but the rest was correct. Casse as well made some comments that were a bit hypocritical, by that I mean if he thought his horse could have been seriously hurt or worse he should have lodged a claim no matter where he finished. I guess I was upset not with the DQ but in the whole manner in which it was handled. I will agree that I let my emotions get the better of me but to insinuate that I am a liar or was lying about what Mott said is disingenuous in itself. I also believe that in my first post on this thread Casse was the only one I called a name and I have apologized for that and the other off-colored remark was describing the way in which Mott went about lodging a foul and at no point in my post did I call him a derogatory name.
By the way my first post was 3/29/17 not 3 years after I joined.
Thanks delsully.
Old 05-08-2019, 12:07 PM   #51
delsully
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
I wish someone would share with me the secret list of trainers, owners, and jocks that are approved to be directly accused of specific things vs. those that are only approved for it via insinuation.
Please forward me that list as well, I’m really curious.
Old 05-08-2019, 12:26 PM   #52
delsully
Veteran

Quote:
Dream Police, water under the bridge. It gets heated here, as you know, as you've been reading for a long time. Then, after the storm, things calm. They get back to normal. I try to keep horseracing in perspective in relation to all of life. There is much more to living, in the way, not only of joy, but of adversity, as well.

If I win my wagers, I'm happy. If I lose my wagers, I let it go. Some don't like hearing it, yet still, I've always maintained, if I've not set the money apart, knowing there's great possibility that I can lose it, then I have absolutely no business betting on horses. Too, it's always been my belief that women can sit on their hands and pick their spots better than men.

I feel for the Wests but I think they are hurting themselves by litigating this disqualification. The Kentucky Derby is a mere blip on the radar screen of achievements when one looks at the incredible philanthropic work they have done to benefit others. It will long be remembered, and most likely, will still be active, long after they've left this world.

I'm sorry for being ugly.
Grits, good on you! I too am guilty of this and for that, I apologize as well.
Old 05-08-2019, 01:05 PM   #53
Grits

Quote:
Grits, good on you! I too am guilty of this and for that, I apologize as well.

Life is filled with differences. Lord, knows this place is. I can be extremely direct. (And this is an understatement, ask anybody here.)

I apologize, too. But, just know, I can't change my belief that Max should've come down. That stands.

It's Omaha Beach that I want to see again!!! I understand he's doing well, recovering in Kentucky at Winstar.

Be well.
Old 05-08-2019, 01:08 PM   #54
elhelmete

The hardest thing to overcome here is that I think it's human nature to want the right decision to make us feel good all around, and the wrong decision to make us feel bad. And that we often equate that with hard logic.
If only most of my own 'right' decisions made me feel wonderful...
elhelmete is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-08-2019, 01:39 PM   #55
thaskalos

IMO...our disagreements here are a wonderful testament to the diversity of opinion that is necessary in order for our game to even exist. At the foundation of it, our game is nothing but a difference of opinion...and such differences ought to be applauded rather than ridiculed.
Old 05-08-2019, 01:47 PM   #56
Grits

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
IMO...our disagreements here are a wonderful testament to the diversity of opinion that is necessary in order for our game to even exist. At the foundation of it, our game is nothing but a difference of opinion...and such differences ought to be applauded rather than ridiculed.

, said the slow to anger, one of the greatest sources of wisdom to ever grace this room. And, who like me in one way, takes sabbaticals from it, now and then.
Old 05-08-2019, 01:49 PM   #57
thaskalos

Quote:
, said the slow to anger, one of the greatest sources of wisdom to ever grace this room. And, who like me in one way, takes sabbaticals from it, now and then.
We must all pull away and spend a little time in "silence", once in a while.
Old 05-08-2019, 02:44 PM   #58
delsully
Veteran

Quote:
Life is filled with differences. Lord, knows this place is. I can be extremely direct. (And this is an understatement, ask anybody here.)

I apologize, too. But, just know, I can't change my belief that Max should've come down. That stands.

It's Omaha Beach that I want to see again!!! I understand he's doing well, recovering in Kentucky at Winstar.

Be well.

I’ll lay off your boy Mott, but I still think it was a bush league foul claim.
Old 05-08-2019, 11:46 PM   #59
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Police View Post
Grits you can also find Casse remarks about why they didn't file verbatim on any of the sports websites as well as HRN.
I have worked at CD for 12 years now and have a pretty good handle on who is a horse's A@# and who isn't.

Tell you what PA or grits or whoever is in charge feel free to ban me or better yet just plain delete my account. I survived before I started posting here and will afterwards. I can do without your holier-than-though judgment of others as if everybody else doesn't know what they are talking about.
I dunno why anyone would participate on a forum if they can't take disagreement.

Everyone here is going to give an opinion. Its the whole nature of a forum where people "interact".
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply