Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 05-07-2019, 11:08 AM   #31
delsully
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
I think what is important here is that Mott HAD to lodge a frivolous foul because he COULD NOT TRUST the stewards to do their job and put up an inquiry.

When you put the 3 Stooges in a booth you better be on the ball.
Remember Allamuse?

I got yer stewards integrity right here! *spit*
Talk about altruism at its finest.
delsully is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-08-2019, 05:21 AM   #32
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by depalma113 View Post
Funny he wasn't requesting his horse Tacitus be taken down out of respect for other horses in the Wood Memorial after he nearly caused the 6 to fall or when he changed paths in the stretch under a right hand whip and came in on Tax.

I guess that was just different.
Funny how nobody was saying those things about Tacitus before the race, either. He *did* come in on Tax in the Wood Memorial.

I had both him and Vekoma pegged as "horses who can't run in a straight line" which is why I didn't like either of them that much. Tacitus was one of the darlings to win the KY Derby by many accounts.

At any rate, Max is a cool horse, and they should run him in the other TC races just to prove it. If they take their marbles and go home then I guess we will never know for sure.

Let's face it, there are many horses who did not win the Ky Derby (because the best horse doesn't always win the Ky Derby, given the chaos nature of the race as well as the large field and the usual bad riding by at least 1 or 2 jockeys).........

..... but many horses go forward to really punch their ticket as a force to be reckoned with. That were not derby winners.

Gun Runner, for instance. Curlin. Zenyatta. Rachel Alexandra. Invasor. Ghostzapper, Cigar, etc.

Is being a derby winner the be-all end all? Nope.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-08-2019, 08:52 AM   #33
Dream_Police

Sorry Grits I stand corrected he said "$10,000 maiden claiming" That makes it much better.

https://www.horseracingnation.com/ne...ner_Quotes_123
Dream_Police is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-08-2019, 08:59 AM   #34
Dream_Police

Grits you can also find Casse remarks about why they didn't file verbatim on any of the sports websites as well as HRN.
I have worked at CD for 12 years now and have a pretty good handle on who is a horse's A@# and who isn't.

Tell you what PA or grits or whoever is in charge feel free to ban me or better yet just plain delete my account. I survived before I started posting here and will afterwards. I can do without your holier-than-though judgment of others as if everybody else doesn't know what they are talking about.

Last edited by Dream_Police; 05-08-2019 at 09:08 AM.
Dream_Police is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-08-2019, 09:12 AM   #35
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMPHAR View Post
Well actually additional viewing via new video does inform a fan of the reality.

I don’t think anyone here believes their views are going to change the outcome.

This is a discussion by fans. Like it or not there is video showing a different reality than the one used to initially form their opinions.

This derby was stolen. Was the best horse? No. Was interfered with to a degree to cost him a victory? No.

Did the trainer of influences the request for objection? Apparently so.

Is there detailed video of the incident? Yes. What does it show?

It clearly shows in a path with and moving in and veering back and forth. It shows an aggressive move by to run up the legs of and then around at that time changes leads and veers outward. The outward veer causes contact between and .

Did lodge an objection? No. Did? Yes. Was 18 going to win? The world will never know.

What is the point to try to shut down open discussion over a bad decision? Stolen Derby.

Has this happened before? Yes. It happened when Johnny V rode Invisible Ink and claimed foul against Monarchos. Was it upheld? No. Why? My guess is that realized what he was doing and there wasn’t a strong case. Did Invisble Ink have a better case than team Country House? Yes he did because they had direct engagement with the winner. Country probably benefits in original placement because of the contact.

This derby was stolen and really the bigger matter at hand is why are knowledgeable handicappers that are better served by being objective trying to shut what they deem opposing view with the evidence available? The world may never know.
You're trying to shut down discussion with your ridiculous claims of a stolen derby.

The horse pushed everyone outside of him out MULTIPLE, MULTIPLE paths, taking the completely out of the race as he was forced to check out of it after being right there in contention. That was the most dramatic, eye-catching trouble encountered by a horse directly to the outside of , and most certainly cost the all and any chance of winning, finishing 2nd, finishing 3rd, finishing 4th, finishing 5th, etc. And he wasn't the only horse who was compromised by the 's bearing out severely.

There are people who don't deal well with facts, and the above shows that you are one of them.
Old 05-08-2019, 09:14 AM   #36
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Police View Post
Grits you can also find Casse remarks about why they didn't file verbatim on any of the sports websites as well as HRN.
I have worked at CD for 12 years now and have a pretty good handle on who is a horse's A@# and who isn't.

Tell you what PA or grits or whoever is in charge feel free to ban me or better yet just plain delete my account. I survived before I started posting here and will afterwards. I can do without your holier-than-though judgment of others as if everybody else doesn't know what they are talking about.
I have a question. Why did it take you 3 years to wake up? It took AMPHAR only two years to wake up around here.

After running this board for almost 20 years (I'm in charge, btw), it's uncanny how controversial events somehow ALWAYS inspire people who have been SILENT registered users for YEARS, to suddenly become the most vocal contributors on the message board. Weird how that works.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 05-08-2019 at 09:18 AM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-08-2019, 09:20 AM   #37
Grits

Quote:

I don't know you from Adam, Dream Police. But I know this, what you do and who you know... is not as important to me as how you speak. You may know Mark Casse well, however, my point is the name calling isn't necessary to make your point when posting. ... I should be calling you, Rip. Short for Rip Van Winkle.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-08-2019, 09:27 AM   #38
bobphilo

Quote:

Sorry, but some of the posts here indicate the poster doesn't know what they're talking about and should be called on it. I'm actually insulted you didn't include me as one of your "persecutors".

Last edited by bobphilo; 05-08-2019 at 09:32 AM.
bobphilo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-08-2019, 09:32 AM   #39
delsully
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits View Post
I don't know you from Adam, Dream Police. But I know this, what you do and who you know... is not as important to me as how you speak. You may know Mark Casse well, however, my point is the name calling isn't necessary to make your point when posting. ... I should be calling you, Rip. Short for Rip Van Winkle.
Yet you have no problem insinuating Servis is a cheating doper.

Last edited by delsully; 05-08-2019 at 09:36 AM. Reason: Errors
Old 05-08-2019, 09:40 AM   #40
Grits

Quote:
Originally Posted by delsully View Post
Yet you have no problem insinuating Servis is a cheating doper.

His stats, like those of other trainers, are at Equibase for all to see. EOC
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-08-2019, 09:47 AM   #41
delsully
Veteran

Quote:
You’re too much. I can almost hear your pearls clutching.
Old 05-08-2019, 09:50 AM   #42
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
You're trying to shut down discussion with your ridiculous claims of a stolen derby.

The horse pushed everyone outside of him out MULTIPLE, MULTIPLE paths, taking the completely out of the race as he was forced to check out of it after being right there in contention. That was the most dramatic, eye-catching trouble encountered by a horse directly to the outside of , and most certainly cost the all and any chance of winning, finishing 2nd, finishing 3rd, finishing 4th, finishing 5th, etc. And he wasn't the only horse who was compromised by the 's bearing out severely.

There are people who don't deal well with facts, and the above shows that you are one of them.
You mixed up somes s and s here I believe.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-08-2019, 09:57 AM   #43
elhelmete

Quote:
Why don't you say exactly what you believe and what it means for this discussion and then let it stand for others to comment, instead of these sideways swipes?
elhelmete is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-08-2019, 09:58 AM   #44
delsully
Veteran

Quote:
I took your advice, precious Bill Mott, noted defender of other people’s fouled horses, improved from 13% to 25% in ONE year. So by your logic, he must have been getting the best drugs available.

And since Mott has already been fined and suspended for overages, another doper has won the Derby. Thankfully, it’s the one you and all his other fanboys love!
Old 05-08-2019, 10:04 AM   #45
delsully
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
Why don't you say exactly what you believe and what it means for this discussion and then let it stand for others to comment, instead of these sideways swipes?
That’s not how it’s done in polite society.