Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 05-06-2019, 07:09 PM   #16
Dream_Police

Mott and Prat should both be suspended for filing a false claim. Mott stated that his horse was not involved but told Prat to file just in

case nobody else did so the stewards would look at it and they could get a cheap win,which they did.
Just a chicken-shit way to win a race.
I also like how Mott cried just after the race using the "if it were a $5,000 claiming race arguement" when he thought that they wouldn't change things then he sad how bad he feels and how it is bittersweet that CH isn't getting the respect of a Derby Winner. Guess What YOU DIDN'T WIN THE FREAKING RACE.
Casse is another ass-hole stating that because they finished 8th the weren't going to ruin it for Servis just to be moved up to 6th or 7th but said he would have if the finished 2nd or 3rd. WHAT A GUY going from," Hey Servis congrats on winning the Derby even though you impeded us it's OK because we finished 8th" to " hey Servis we finished 2nd and you impeded us so go screw yourself we are filing a claim of foul". What a scumbag.
Dream_Police is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-06-2019, 07:32 PM   #17
Grits

So, you got this on what authority?????

Answer: NO ONE'S

You're another newb whiner, taking shots, calling trainers filthy names.

A lot of folks, industry and fans, read these pages and they don't need this. In other words, this ain't your personal Twitter account, bud. Here in the racing folders, these gentlemen are usually civil in their posting, if you didn't get the memo, I'm giving it to you now. Keep it up, and and I'll do my best to get you redirected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Police View Post
Mott and Prat should both be suspended for filing a false claim. Mott stated that his horse was not involved but told Prat to file just in

case nobody else did so the stewards would look at it and they could get a cheap win,which they did.
I also like how Mott cried just after the race using the "if it were a $5,000 claiming race arguement" when he thought that they wouldn't change things then he sad how bad he feels and how it is bittersweet that CH isn't getting the respect of a Derby Winner. Guess What YOU DIDN'T WIN THE FREAKING RACE.
Casse is another ass-hole stating that because they finished 8th the weren't going to ruin it for Servis just to be moved up to 6th or 7th but said he would have if the finished 2nd or 3rd. WHAT A GUY going from," Hey Servis congrats on winning the Derby even though you impeded us it's OK because we finished 8th" to " hey Servis we finished 2nd and you impeded us so go screw yourself we are filing a claim of foul". What a scumbag.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-06-2019, 07:35 PM   #18
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:

I think the fine for a frivolous claim of foul is a couple hundred bucks or so. It was well worth the risk and after the result was changed it would be hard to call it frivolous. But if so, they can pay the $300 or whatever is, I'm sure they can afford it now.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-06-2019, 07:55 PM   #19
delsully
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
I think the fine for a frivolous claim of foul is a couple hundred bucks or so. It was well worth the risk and after the result was changed it would be hard to call it frivolous. But if so, they can pay the $300 or whatever is, I'm sure they can afford it now.
So you’re ok with claiming foul whe your horse wasn’t involved?
delsully is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-06-2019, 07:57 PM   #20
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
I also like how Mott cried just after the race using the "if it were a $5,000 claiming race arguement"
I like how you put that in quotes. It isn't even remotely close to what he said, but thanks for putting in quotes, like it was...

Keep calling trainers assholes too. That usually ensures you won't be banned. I know, I know, you'll welcome it...spare me.
Old 05-07-2019, 12:34 AM   #21
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
I never knew that.......$300 bucks seems frivolous
Old 05-07-2019, 06:39 AM   #22
AMPHAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits View Post
So, you got this on what authority?????

Answer: NO ONE'S

You're another newb whiner, taking shots, calling trainers filthy names.

A lot of folks, industry and fans, read these pages and they don't need this. In other words, this ain't your personal Twitter account, bud. Here in the racing folders, these gentlemen are usually civil in their posting, if you didn't get the memo, I'm giving it to you now. Keep it up, and and I'll do my best to get you redirected.
Mott deserves to be called out on this. It’s exactly what I thought when I was watching it unfold for the first time.

Now there is video that clearly shows an aggressive move by that the jockey and horse weren’t innocent victims.

They stole a derby.
AMPHAR is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-07-2019, 06:56 AM   #23
delsully
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMPHAR View Post
Mott deserves to be called out on this. It’s exactly what I thought when I was watching it unfold for the first time.

Now there is video that clearly shows an aggressive move by that the jockey and horse weren’t innocent victims.

They stole a derby.
Don’t you know, nothing screams integrity like claiming a phantom foul on your horse.
delsully is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-07-2019, 07:16 AM   #24
AMPHAR

Johnnie V tried this Bush league crap against Monarchos. They were smart enough not to allow it back then.

Now going forward in any big race with a full field why wouldn’t a 2nd place jockey claim an objection?

New videos clearly show the problems that have occurred in previous derby’s. So for the apologist that continue to deny this, the question becomes does the winner of the KY derby need to not only finish first but also pass the eye test for fair trip?

Watching it unfold I knew exactly what was happening and now it’s verified the further this goes along.

The derby was stolen.
Old 05-07-2019, 07:25 AM   #25
depalma113

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post

Mott showed he respects horses and feels they are entitled to the same *respect* in terms of treatment and safety regardless of whether they are low level claimers or ky derby participants.

I applaud him.
Funny he wasn't requesting his horse Tacitus be taken down out of respect for other horses in the Wood Memorial after he nearly caused the 6 to fall or when he changed paths in the stretch under a right hand whip and came in on Tax.

I guess that was just different.
depalma113 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-07-2019, 10:02 AM   #26
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Not what I thought at all. Thankfully.
Old 05-07-2019, 10:07 AM   #27
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I think what is important here is that Mott HAD to lodge a frivolous foul because he COULD NOT TRUST the stewards to do their job and put up an inquiry.

When you put the 3 Stooges in a booth you better be on the ball.
Remember Allamuse?

I got yer stewards integrity right here! *spit*
Old 05-07-2019, 10:20 AM   #28
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

You know, to be fair, there weren't very good views of this foul initially...so I'm not sure how much the Stewards could actually have seen, assuming they were watching the race (which I think we can all safely assume they were).

There's a reason why jockeys are allowed to lodge an objection.
Old 05-07-2019, 10:22 AM   #29
Grits

Quote:
Johnnie V tried this Bush league crap against Monarchos. They were smart enough not to allow it back then.

Now going forward in any big race with a full field why wouldn’t a 2nd place jockey claim an objection?

New videos clearly show the problems that have occurred in previous derby’s. So for the apologist that continue to deny this, the question becomes does the winner of the KY derby need to not only finish first but also pass the eye test for fair trip?

Watching it unfold I knew exactly what was happening and now it’s verified the further this goes along.

The derby was stolen.
No it wasn't, and your viewing is FLAWED. One can slo mo it 'til it crawls but it is not gonna make the dq any less necessary. I don't care how many ways the Wests, their attorneys, all of you here, and all over, try to dress it up. And now, worst of all, blaming War Of Wills is really reaching, not to mention low class. I mean bottom feeding.

SpauldingNo has posted in the Derby Postmortem thread the NBC video, again, that came immediately after the objection went up.

How many of Derbys have you guys ridden in???? NOT A FREAKING ONE. You've never been in these situations, you sitting at home in your recliners, no less. Bailey knows what he's talking about!! He's forgotten more than you whiners will know in your lifetimes. You guys got nada, zip, zero, just as the Wests have the same.

It's like PA has alluded the whole time as well. Stop bringing up other Derbys, THIS is not about those. This is about 2019's race.

I'm sorry if you lost your money, hopefully, you can get it back going forward, but this horse was on his WRONG LEAD IN THE TURN. And no amount of viewing or whining is gonna change this.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-07-2019, 11:08 AM   #30
AMPHAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits View Post
No it wasn't, and your viewing is FLAWED. One can slo mo it 'til it crawls but it is not gonna make the dq any less necessary. I don't care how many ways the Wests, their attorneys, all of you here, and all over, try to dress it up. And now, worst of all, blaming War Of Wills is really reaching, not to mention low class. I mean bottom feeding.

SpauldingNo has posted in the Derby Postmortem thread the NBC video, again, that came immediately after the objection went up.

How many of Derbys have you guys ridden in???? NOT A FREAKING ONE. You've never been in these situations, you sitting at home in your recliners, no less. Bailey knows what he's talking about!! He's forgotten more than you whiners will know in your lifetimes. You guys got nada, zip, zero, just as the Wests have the same.

It's like PA has alluded the whole time as well. Stop bringing up other Derbys, THIS is not about those. This is about 2019's race.

I'm sorry if you lost your money, hopefully, you can get it back going forward, but this horse was on his WRONG LEAD IN THE TURN. And no amount of viewing or whining is gonna change this.
Well actually additional viewing via new video does inform a fan of the reality.

I don’t think anyone here believes their views are going to change the outcome.

This is a discussion by fans. Like it or not there is video showing a different reality than the one used to initially form their opinions.

This derby was stolen. Was the best horse? No. Was interfered with to a degree to cost him a victory? No.

Did the trainer of influences the request for objection? Apparently so.

Is there detailed video of the incident? Yes. What does it show?

It clearly shows in a path with and moving in and veering back and forth. It shows an aggressive move by to run up the legs of and then around at that time changes leads and veers outward. The outward veer causes contact between and .

Did lodge an objection? No. Did? Yes. Was 18 going to win? The world will never know.

What is the point to try to shut down open discussion over a bad decision? Stolen Derby.

Has this happened before? Yes. It happened when Johnny V rode Invisible Ink and claimed foul against Monarchos. Was it upheld? No. Why? My guess is that realized what he was doing and there wasn’t a strong case. Did Invisble Ink have a better case than team Country House? Yes he did because they had direct engagement with the winner. Country probably benefits in original placement because of the contact.

This derby was stolen and really the bigger matter at hand is why are knowledgeable handicappers that are better served by being objective trying to shut what they deem opposing view with the evidence available? The world may never know.

Last edited by AMPHAR; 05-07-2019 at 11:19 AM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: