Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW)

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 12-04-2009, 11:46 AM   #16
GameTheory

Are banks even allowed to refuse valid checks? Legal tender and all that? The employees of these companies must get paychecks, right? Cash it across the street from the home office...
GameTheory is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-04-2009, 02:06 PM   #17
slew101

You're just fear mongering. Find me someone who has had a check rejected at a bank from Youbet or Xpressbet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideThePylons-MW
You are 100% wrong.

You have severely underestimated the paranoia and overestimated the resourcefulness of the banking industry.
slew101 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-04-2009, 02:07 PM   #18
slew101

They have no reason to. The worst they would do is place a hold on the check to investigate. Then they would clear it. Even that won't happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameTheory
Are banks even allowed to refuse valid checks? Legal tender and all that? The employees of these companies must get paychecks, right? Cash it across the street from the home office...
slew101 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-04-2009, 03:34 PM   #19
rrbauer
Both-hands Bettor

Quote:
Originally Posted by miesque
...I would rather get in a plane and fly cross country to attend the races live at a track and put up with the hell that is now air travel then visit an OTB.
You mean that TSA hasn't made it all better for you?

Old 12-04-2009, 03:37 PM   #20
InsideThePylons-MW

Quote:
Originally Posted by slew101
You're just fear mongering. Find me someone who has had a check rejected at a bank from Youbet or Xpressbet.
If you read between the lines on the NTRA article, you might be able to guess they've had a few problems and will have a lot more when the UIGEA goes into affect.

Why don't you call Youbet, or even Xpressbet and say you've had a check blocked by your bank and see if they act like it's never happened or tell you it has happened before.
InsideThePylons-MW is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-04-2009, 03:57 PM   #21
miesque

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrbauer
You mean that TSA hasn't made it all better for you?

Do NOT get me started on the Liquid/Gel/Cream ban for carry-ons, you guys can't even fathom how much of an inconvenience that is for me because it means I will always have to pack at least one bag (which they now nicely charge for )
miesque is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-04-2009, 04:11 PM   #22
rrbauer
Both-hands Bettor

Quote:
Originally Posted by miesque
Do NOT get me started on the Liquid/Gel/Cream ban for carry-ons, you guys can't even fathom how much of an inconvenience that is for me because it means I will always have to pack at least one bag (which they now nicely charge for )
Either I drive, or if I do fly, I FedEx (ground) my luggage to my destination....I can lock it, nobody opens it up and messes up all of my "neat" folding, I don't have to deal with baggage claim at the destination airport and it's delivered to my door, or, in the case of a hotel, it's placed in my room. Plus I can track its progress. It's money well spent...even when flying Southwest where bags fly free (but TSA still lurks).
Old 12-04-2009, 05:43 PM   #23
trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrbauer
Either I drive, or if I do fly, I FedEx (ground) my luggage to my destination....I can lock it, nobody opens it up and messes up all of my "neat" folding, I don't have to deal with baggage claim at the destination airport and it's delivered to my door, or, in the case of a hotel, it's placed in my room. Plus I can track its progress. It's money well spent...even when flying Southwest where bags fly free (but TSA still lurks).
miesqueo NOT get me started on the Liquid/Gel/Cream ban for carry-ons, you guys can't even fathom how much of an inconvenience that is for me because it means I will always have to pack at least one bag (which they now nicely charge for )
You guys seem to forget why these airline security measures are necessary.....you would probably the first to complain about the lack of security if (God forbide) we experienced another 9/11.
trigger is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-04-2009, 06:21 PM   #24
Jay Trotter
CHEESEY

Question

In a similar vane, I run a contest (Ultimate Parlay Challenge) which is sponsored in part by Assiniboia Downs (Canada).

Their portion of prize money is generally mailed directly by ASD to the winner. Recently, when paying American winners they've been unable to cash the checks even though they were paid in U.S. Funds. To solve this problem the track agreed to mail out U.S. Money Orders instead.

Well, wouldn't you know it, the Bank refused to cash this as well and infact charged the poor winner a $10.00 Returned Check Fee. I always thought a Money Order was the equivelant of cash. I guess not! The bank was Chase and the account holder is a small business owner in Texas with longterm connections to the Bank.

I still can't figure this one out????

Jim Schoenfeld
Jay Trotter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-04-2009, 07:25 PM   #25
rrbauer
Both-hands Bettor

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger
miesqueo NOT get me started on the Liquid/Gel/Cream ban for carry-ons, you guys can't even fathom how much of an inconvenience that is for me because it means I will always have to pack at least one bag (which they now nicely charge for )
You guys seem to forget why these airline security measures are necessary.....you would probably the first to complain about the lack of security if (God forbide) we experienced another 9/11.
You're right. With TSA we're forever safe.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: