Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 10-19-2009, 09:07 AM   #1
lamboguy

complience department"s

i think racing needs a complience department in the worst way. when you look at all the financial markets in the world today they all have complience departments, they also have govenmnet that watches over the departments. they got all types of people throughout the world betting on various financial instrumnents like options and etf's where over 80% of the people get cleaned out on a regular basis. the people that bet into those things think they are betting a legitamate game.

why can't horseracing copy the financial markets? its really the same thing. any thought of any impropriorties loses customers in the horseracing game.

they just caught a bunch of hedgefund cheats and they are sitting in jail trying to come up with $billion bail money.

horseracing deals with people's money, is it any different than any other financial market?
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-19-2009, 09:20 AM   #2
AQUEBUCKS
maximan

Compliance

You mean like Hear no Evil, See no Evil, and Speak no Evil? They already do. Some call them Stewards.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:14 AM   #3
lamboguy

you need more teeth than stewards.

i have a friend that ran a horse in churchill last year in the last race. there was an obvious foul right in front of the stewards, the rider in the race lost his teeth from the wiplash of the horse hitting his face due to foul. he couldn't claim the foul. the stewards did not put an inquiry sign, my friend jeff talley ran like oj
simpson in the airport for hertz and claimed trainer foul, and he got put up.
at 6:00 all the stewards wanted to do was get out of the place so they could go and put down some beers. it turned out to be in my eyes a very obvious foul that only took about 36 seconds in review time to get reversed.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: