Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 07-20-2008, 01:40 PM   #16
DJofSD
Screw PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jognlope
What a bunch of idiotic posts. You -- all of you should get in the stirrups at 35 to 40 mph with nothing in your tummy. Alex has 4,500+ wins...
IDIOTS!!!!
Dude, do you deliberately go out of your way to make an ass out of yourself?

Riding short has nothing to do with handicapping the races.
Old 07-20-2008, 04:16 PM   #17
jognlope

1) I am not a dude, I'm a woman.

2) I'm not making an ass of myself to get understandably fed up with the negativity in this board, with few exceptions. And yes, why don't you get on the back of a horse and go 35 mph on an empty stomach, before you criticize any jockey that rides today...OK????

3) What if Alex read your nasty posts, did you ever think of that?
jognlope is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-20-2008, 06:19 PM   #18
Marshall Bennett

Quote:
1) I am not a dude, I'm a woman.

2) I'm not making an ass of myself to get understandably fed up with the negativity in this board, with few exceptions. And yes, why don't you get on the back of a horse and go 35 mph on an empty stomach, before you criticize any jockey that rides today...OK????

3) What if Alex read your nasty posts, did you ever think of that?
Not to sound negative , but most all of them ride at 35mph on an empty stomach . Its whats underneath them that matters , and if it doesn't do well you have to look elsewhere .
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-20-2008, 07:11 PM   #19
exiles
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJofSD
So, that would imply Major Smoke in today's 3rd will be shorter than 4-to-1 at post time (Alex off, "RB" on)?
It used to be that the odds would go up because too manny people thought that SOLIS could ride. people know realize that he is a bum, and any other jockey but SOLIS is a + so the odds go down.

Last edited by exiles; 07-20-2008 at 07:14 PM.
exiles is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-20-2008, 07:17 PM   #20
Sailwolf
Away we go !!!

Quote:
What a bunch of idiotic posts. You -- all of you should get in the stirrups at 35 to 40 mph with nothing in your tummy. Alex has 4,500+ wins...

IDIOTS!!!!

..... and ride like you have a chair between you and the saddle; which you don't
Sailwolf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-20-2008, 09:24 PM   #21
exiles
Veteran

Anybody who had any doubt about SOLIS watch today's last race he gave one of his pattended rides, lose as much ground as you can, come into the stretch 8 WIDE finish 4th and win the race after the wire, text book SOLIS FOR THE LAST 5+ YEARS.
exiles is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-21-2008, 12:52 AM   #22
boomman

Alex Solis

Alex Solis is one of the true gentleman in our game, so it is difficult for me to agree in a forum how much his skills have deteriorated, but unfortunately it is TRUE! He does (as another poster correctly stated) break everything in the back (or so it seems) and attempts to circle fields with regularity. His success began basically when Scotty McClellan began giving him Chris McCarron "2nds"..I am absolutely amazed that it has taken this long for trainers to quit using his services, and another poster also correctly stated that "Solis" OFF has been a great betting angle.....I can tell you 1st hand that it DEFINITELY has been profitable for me..........

Boomer
Old 07-21-2008, 02:58 AM   #23
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Unfortunately, there's a lot to be negative about. Why should we have to all be jockeys before we are allowed to criticize a jockey? Do movie critics need to direct, produce, or star in a movie before they are allowed to critique a movie?

Do sports writers have to be ballplayers before they criticize an athlete?

Why should we fans be any different? We certainly should be allowed to criticize jockeys, owners, trainers, or anyone else involved in the sport. After all, there is no game without our betting dollars. There is A LOT OF MONEY being wagered on this game/sport. SERIOUS money. Those of us wagering our hard earned dollars have earned the right to criticize as we see fit, in my opinion.

Quote:
What if Alex read your nasty posts, did you ever think of that?
Tough. He gets paid handsomely for doing what he does. And the dollars we wager are what allows him to earn his handsome living.

If you think Alex is being unfairly criticized here, you have every right to present your case and the reasons why you think the critics of Solis are wrong.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-21-2008, 05:58 AM   #24
AQUEBUCKS
maximan

Solis

Yesterday’s last race at Delmar was a perfect example of Alex's inept state of a somewhat successful career. No apparent initiative to try to win on a horse that should have won. Fortunately for me, Russell Baze (on my second) choice) secured a rather easy late P-4
Old 07-21-2008, 07:14 AM   #25
jognlope

I don't think a jockey with over 4,500 wins can be that inept, can he?
Old 07-21-2008, 07:20 AM   #26
jognlope

I think it is distinctly American that men get together in a locker room fashion and get very distainful about everything. To be objective is like being a sissy to some I guess.
Old 07-21-2008, 07:36 AM   #27
AQUEBUCKS
maximan

Solis

Yes, 4,500 wins, and slowly counting. A jockey who has been passed over for the Hall of Fame, deservedly so... In addition, whose contemporaries are entering as we speak? A few more lackluster years and he will not even be considered.
Old 07-21-2008, 08:29 AM   #28
boomman

Alex Solis

Quote:
I think it is distinctly American that men get together in a locker room fashion and get very distainful about everything. To be objective is like being a sissy to some I guess.
jog: I can assure you that when it comes to Alex Solis, my comments are 100% objective, because as a person I really like the guy! I do however agree with you on one thing: I also sense a lack of objectivity in this thread, and GUESS WHAT?

It's on your end!

Boomer
Old 07-21-2008, 09:02 AM   #29
Imriledup

Quote:

IDIOTS!!!!
You need to carefully watch the Southern California races before calling people Idiots. Its pretty obvious that you have no idea whats going on with Alex and his free-falling riding skills. I'm sure a lot of people will respect Alex for winning thousands of races in his career, but what does his previous 4,500 wins have to do with him winning TODAY? People want to cash bets today, not talk about the past.

Solis was a good little rider in his day, not too many are disputing that, what we are talking about is his CURRENT riding. Maybe you ought to watch ONE of Alex Solis' recent or future rides and get back to us? Just a suggestion.
Imriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-21-2008, 10:05 AM   #30
DJofSD
Screw PC

Quote:
I don't think a jockey with over 4,500 wins can be that inept, can he?
Yes.

Look back at Laffit Pincay. He was in quite a slump before his resurgence to the top ranks. He eventually went on to surpassing Shoemaker's record.

We're critical of the performance, not the person.