Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 06-29-2020, 07:35 PM   #31
Zman179
Registered Wacko

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
The problem is most people that have the virus are either asymptomatic or get such slight symptoms, they never go to the doctor and never get tested. In the beginning, there weren't enough tests. So unless you got so sick you needed a hospital, they told you stay home are ride it out without being tested.

According to one very good model, based on antibody testing they've done around NYC, between 25% and 30% of all NYC resident have been infected. That's in the millions.
I am hoping that those statistics are correct, but there’s no way to know if they actually are. This damn disease has just been so difficult to figure out.
Zman179 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-30-2020, 06:57 AM   #32
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zman179 View Post
As far as shutting things down, I do believe that there has to be a way where businesses can function, but with so many people refusing to wear masks it is only going to make everything worse. It isn’t a political statement!
Sorry you lost so many friends . I live upstate in Saratoga and one of my friends from work died from it. That was hard enough. He was a nice guy and we talked horses whenever a big day was coming up. But your statement right there is the answer. The numbers don’t lie the countries and states that comply with some kind of protocol are holding this crap to a minimum. It’s not a cure all but when small numbers of cases are avoided it can prevent thousands of cases down the line. It’s pretty much being proven . Of course , the fringes screw it up for the sensible people. One side thinks every thing should be closed and the other side wants to pretend nothings wrong . The right answer is forget these politicians and political morons ...... and do the right ****ing thing. Simple.... but somehow it isn’t with the political folk. They’re senseless.

I don’t know where people heard that fans are getting in. NYRA is already donating picnic tables to the city for the summer. They have not hired anyone. Yes, the union workers come up but much of the support staff is local. And I haven’t heard Cuomo say boo about letting fans in. The thread is somewhat bunk . Not that I would complain . I’ve had my pass and parking pass since Christmas
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-30-2020, 10:41 AM   #33
groupie doll

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy View Post
Sorry you lost so many friends . I live upstate in Saratoga and one of my friends from work died from it. That was hard enough. He was a nice guy and we talked horses whenever a big day was coming up. But your statement right there is the answer. The numbers don’t lie the countries and states that comply with some kind of protocol are holding this crap to a minimum. It’s not a cure all but when small numbers of cases are avoided it can prevent thousands of cases down the line. It’s pretty much being proven . Of course , the fringes screw it up for the sensible people. One side thinks every thing should be closed and the other side wants to pretend nothings wrong . The right answer is forget these politicians and political morons ...... and do the right ****ing thing. Simple.... but somehow it isn’t with the political folk. They’re senseless.

I don’t know where people heard that fans are getting in. NYRA is already donating picnic tables to the city for the summer. They have not hired anyone. Yes, the union workers come up but much of the support staff is local. And I haven’t heard Cuomo say boo about letting fans in. The thread is somewhat bunk . Not that I would complain . I’ve had my pass and parking pass since Christmas
another sensible post, burnsy.
groupie doll is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-30-2020, 10:50 AM   #34
RunForTheRoses

https://www.timesunion.com/news/arti...n-15363875.php
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-30-2020, 10:58 AM   #35
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

It's very simple. If you aren't wearing a mask, you don't get to enter the business or the subway system or anywhere else that a mask would make total sense.

Why is this even an issue?

BTW, this isn't a conservative/liberal issue. Restaurants in Los Angeles I hear are closing because people THERE refuse to wear masks...and LA isn't a conservative mecca, last time I checked.