Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-29-2020, 03:02 PM   #31
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
I keep hearing this, but my taxes went down and I’m not rich at all.

My business taxes went down too. Which was the real goal Trump had. It actually worked.

Until China decided to play bio warfare.
But, you're going to be told: "You're just one of a few." Wait for it!
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-29-2020, 03:06 PM   #32
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
Or...he'll be told...he IS rich...by their crazy gorilla math...
Old 06-29-2020, 03:25 PM   #33
RunForTheRoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
I come to the Paceadvantage off-topic forum...and read all about the "evils" of Liberalism.
You people all complain about right wing bias here but just about everywhere else liberal hegemony holds and right of center voices are silenced. Reddit which I would imagine has a vastly higher traffic rate than PA is populated by left wing bullies. So this is one of the few sites that a somewhat right of center viewpoint holds sway. And there are no bullies here like on Reddit.

RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-29-2020, 03:35 PM   #34
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunForTheRoses View Post
You people all complain about right wing bias here but just about everywhere else liberal hegemony holds and right of center voices are silenced. Reddit which I would imagine has a vastly higher traffic rate than PA is populated by left wing bullies. So this is one of the few sites that a somewhat right of center viewpoint holds sway. And there are no bullies here like on Reddit.

https://twitter.com/disclosetv/statu...51728188530688
I didn't "complain"...all I did was answer MONEY's question. And I am quite happy to be here. In a liberal-dominated media world...I can come to Paceadvantage and get the "other" side of the story, in just one stop. It saves me time...and makes me a more "well-rounded" individual.

Last edited by thaskalos; 06-29-2020 at 03:37 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-29-2020, 03:58 PM   #35
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
This doesn't disprove the prior poster's point. It just proves that you received a tax cut. Why do you say "you keep hearing it?" Do you deny the studies on the tax cuts? Isn't reality that "hard-working guys like Ralph received a tax cut, but in dollar terms the wealthy received a disproportionate portion of the cuts?" Why can't you just say that?
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-29-2020, 04:01 PM   #36
newtothegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike View Post
This doesn't disprove the prior poster's point. It just proves that you received a tax cut. Why do you say "you keep hearing it?" Do you deny the studies on the tax cuts? Isn't reality that "hard-working guys like Ralph received a tax cut, but in dollar terms the wealthy received a disproportionate portion of the cuts?" Why can't you just say that?
Because thats NOT what light said......

Go back and read! Light said that we pay MORE to fund the rich tax cuts which is NOT the case.

My taxes were reduced as well......
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
newtothegame is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-29-2020, 04:55 PM   #37
Light
Veteran

Quote:

My business taxes went down too. Which was the real goal Trump had. It actually worked.
I've owned my business for 40 years and my wife has her own business. We do our own taxes.

Trump claimed that he increased the standard deduction for married filers with joint returns to $24K from $12.7K which was true. When I heard that I was excited. I thought "at least Trump is good for something", until I did my taxes.

What Trump did not say was that he also did away with personal exemptions of $4,050 for yourself, your spouse and any kids or dependents.

In 2017, if you were a family with 4 college age kids, you would have received, $12.7K in standard deductions for you and your wife plus $4050 x 6 for your 4 kids and you and your wife worth $24300. For a total of $36300.7.

In 2018 when the Trump taxes went into effect, with the same scenario you only got $24300 in tax deductions. Exemptions were eliminated. An increase of $12000 in taxes.

You can believe what you want to believe but I am sure there are many Republican voters who are intelligent enough to not vote again for someone who raises their taxes while claiming to lower them.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-29-2020, 05:16 PM   #38
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Is that meant as "too," or did you mean the demos?

More than any president before, I think Trump actually does care about "individuals," and of course, about the country as a whole. Many of his instituted policies absolutely reflect his commitment to "individuals":
  • lower cost of insulin
  • prison reform
  • Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
  • vocational education
  • rolled back unnecessary job-killing regulations
  • reformed the Medicare program to stop hospitals from overcharging low-income seniors for their drugs
  • signed Right-To-Try
  • secured $6 billion in NEW funding to fight the opioid epidemic
  • signed VA Choice Act and VA Accountability Act
  • etc., etc.
All this and more amid constant bedevilment. What have the demos accomplished?

Trump Administration Accomplishments January 2020
Trump is not a republican.
Old 06-29-2020, 05:19 PM   #39
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Mine went down too.
Old 06-29-2020, 05:19 PM   #40
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
Because thats NOT what light said......

Go back and read! Light said that we pay MORE to fund the rich tax cuts which is NOT the case.

My taxes were reduced as well......
He said: "Most of Trumps tax cuts went to the richest five percent, and more to the richest one percent." That's what I was referencing, which I thought was clear from context, perhaps not. I broadened his comment to "the wealthy," as I didn't confirm the 5% statement.

You received a tax cut. Okay. You and Ralph make that statement, as if it's somehow dispositive. I'm not sure why. There isn't mutual exclusivity between the middle class receiving a tax cut and the wealthy receiving a larger tax cut.
Old 06-29-2020, 05:21 PM   #41
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike View Post
Forget dollar terms, what did the tax rates go to?
Old 06-29-2020, 05:30 PM   #42
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Forget dollar terms, what did the tax rates go to?
About the same - for married filers with over roughly $600k in income, their marginal rate was reduced by 2.6 percentage points. For married filers making approximately $20k to $170k, their marginal rate went down 3 percentage points. In dollars terms, the wealthy received a disproportionate portion of the cut. That isn't a political statement. It's just a fact. Across the board almost everyone received a reduction, no doubt. That's another fact. I'm not why it's controversial or in dispute.
Old 06-29-2020, 09:28 PM   #43
sammy the sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
I've owned my business for 40 years and my wife has her own business. We do our own taxes.

Trump claimed that he increased the standard deduction for married filers with joint returns to $24K from $12.7K which was true. When I heard that I was excited. I thought "at least Trump is good for something", until I did my taxes.

What Trump did not say was that he also did away with personal exemptions of $4,050 for yourself, your spouse and any kids or dependents.

In 2017, if you were a family with 4 college age kids, you would have received, $12.7K in standard deductions for you and your wife plus $4050 x 6 for your 4 kids and you and your wife worth $24300. For a total of $36300.7.

In 2018 when the Trump taxes went into effect, with the same scenario you only got $24300 in tax deductions. Exemptions were eliminated. An increase of $12000 in taxes.

You can believe what you want to believe but I am sure there are many Republican voters who are intelligent enough to not vote again for someone who raises their taxes while claiming to lower them.
crickets around here...not surprised....thanks for sharing...
Old 06-29-2020, 09:51 PM   #44
davew

Quote:

Until China decided to play bio warfare.
Do you live in a Nirvana state that charges an additional third in state income tax?

The ones that were using state taxes paid as a big deduction are the ones hurt because now they are limited.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-30-2020, 03:03 AM   #45
fast4522

Things would calm down if. . . . . . .

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Buffet.jpg (26.3 KB, 0 views)
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply