Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-29-2020, 12:05 AM   #16
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
Sayet is not talking about financial success. There is lots of that among conservatives and liberals. He's talking about the inherent forces of good and evil between the two entities. Sure, Twitter and Facebook, for example, are super successful liberal entities financially, but how successful have their platforms been, over all, for the 'good' of humanity? Not so successful, in my opinion; that's where they fail. Let's not even waste time talking about good versus evil in financially successful and influential Hollywood.

There is so much of a philosophical view of Liberals in Evan Sayet's lecture that you must watch the whole video to grasp a full understanding of his points of view.

This person gets it:
I don't buy the "Conservative=Good" and 'Liberal=Evil' hypothesis. I think that there is "Good" and 'Evil' in every race, creed and political affiliation. IMO...our moral values were instilled within us long before we embraced our political philosophy of choice. Whenever I get the feeling that the Conservatives "stand for doing good in the world"...all I have to do is think of the George W. Bush years...and that feeling goes away in great haste.
Old 06-29-2020, 12:16 AM   #17
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
I think you’re referring to mostly tech companies.

They have run uninhibited to monopoly status for the last 25 yrs.

Google

Microsoft etc

Apple the last ten years

All should have been broken up by now based on their ways. Yet nobody dared try. Clinton went after Microsoft at one time. But it turned into a speed bump.

There are companies run by right siders, but they got their heads chopped off long ago.......Oracle etc

Some are still successful. At one time eBay was run by right siders and then they moved to PayPal but took their money and ran in both cases.

Look up what happen to the founder of Oculus Quest when they found out he donated to Trump........

The playing field is not fair........
I don't equate success with "doing good"...I only brought up the successful liberal-owned companies because Margie supported the notion that "the modern liberal mindset produces failure rather than success". As far as "doing good", or "good and evil" are concerned...I'll repeat what I said in my prior post. There is "good and evil" in every race, creed and political affiliation. We shouldn't paint people with broad brushes when we talk about "morality". You might be a conservative and I may be a liberal. But if we were ever to meet and spend some time in each other's company, I dare say that we'd end up being quite friendly with one-another...our political differences notwithstanding.
Old 06-29-2020, 12:45 AM   #18
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
When are democrats going to erase ALL TRACES OF LYNDON BAINES JOHNSON?

(Caution....one of the dems most revered PRESIDENTS uses the "N" word in the following clip)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1rIDmDWSms
JFK talked the civil rights talk, LBJ walked the walk. IMO, JFK might not have had the balls to see it thru. LBJ did

Having said that, to hear him say the N word floors me. He was trash.
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-29-2020, 01:11 AM   #19
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
I don't buy the "Conservative=Good" and 'Liberal=Evil' hypothesis. I think that there is "Good" and 'Evil' in every race, creed and political affiliation. IMO...our moral values were instilled within us long before we embraced our political philosophy of choice. Whenever I get the feeling that the Conservatives "stand for doing good in the world"...all I have to do is think of the George W. Bush years...and that feeling goes away in great haste.
Yes, but the Left has finally won the Oscar for Best Totalitarian Principles.

Remember, Sayet's lecture was thirteen years ago. In his view the mindset of Liberals, even back then, was to "take down what is good and build up what is evil." Clearly, we see that happening in extreme force, right now. Just one example is the original BLM movement which has been purposely taken way off on a tangent...mostly by white liberals.
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-29-2020, 02:29 AM   #20
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
JFK talked the civil rights talk, LBJ walked the walk. IMO, JFK might not have had the balls to see it thru. LBJ did

Don't worry, Nixon is on tape using it too...surprised FanDan hasn't posted that one yet...
Old 06-29-2020, 06:58 AM   #21
highernote

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Don't worry, Nixon is on tape using it too...surprised FanDan hasn't posted that one yet...
Reagan was a racist, too:

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...-nixon/595102/

Quote:
The day after the United Nations voted to recognize the People’s Republic of China, then–California Governor Ronald Reagan phoned President Richard Nixon at the White House and vented his frustration at the delegates who had sided against the United States. “Last night, I tell you, to watch that thing on television as I did,” Reagan said. “Yeah,” Nixon interjected. Reagan forged ahead with his complaint: “To see those, those monkeys from those African countries—damn them, they’re still uncomfortable wearing shoes!” Nixon gave a huge laugh.
highernote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-29-2020, 08:24 AM   #22
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post

I thought everyone knew LBJ was a racist and a sexist. He was a flat out pig and could easily have played the Archie Bunker character without acting.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-29-2020, 08:25 AM   #23
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by highernote View Post
So is Biden. So is Obama. What's your point? You'd be surprised I guess.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-29-2020, 09:43 AM   #24
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Okay...but again...why are the most financially successful business enterprises currently run by LIBERALS...if the "modern liberal mindset produces failure rather than success"? Or are you implying that the conservatives are "too honest" to take advantage of those "intentional, well planned tax loopholes"?
The rich liberals, like the dem party, keep their bases at the bottom of the barrel in order to prop themselves up. Like a pyramid. Look at what the dems have done to Black families for decades now. FB and Twitter area quashing fair debate on many topics.....the bottom line of liberalism is total control of the masses.

The repubs could not care less about individuals.
Old 06-29-2020, 09:54 AM   #25
boxcar

Quote:
Okay...but again...why are the most financially successful business enterprises currently run by LIBERALS...if the "modern liberal mindset produces failure rather than success"? Or are you implying that the conservatives are "too honest" to take advantage of those "intentional, well planned tax loopholes"?
Because the tax system and its loopholes favor the rich thereby oppressing the poor and middle class.
Old 06-29-2020, 10:24 AM   #26
MONEY

Quote:
What do you do when you get the feeling that the Liberals "stand for doing good in the world"?
Old 06-29-2020, 11:54 AM   #27
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
The rich liberals, like the dem party, keep their bases at the bottom of the barrel in order to prop themselves up. Like a pyramid. Look at what the dems have done to Black families for decades now. FB and Twitter area quashing fair debate on many topics.....the bottom line of liberalism is total control of the masses.

The repubs could not care less about individuals.
Is that meant as "too," or did you mean the demos?

More than any president before, I think Trump actually does care about "individuals," and of course, about the country as a whole. Many of his instituted policies absolutely reflect his commitment to "individuals":
  • lower cost of insulin
  • prison reform
  • Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
  • vocational education
  • rolled back unnecessary job-killing regulations
  • reformed the Medicare program to stop hospitals from overcharging low-income seniors for their drugs
  • signed Right-To-Try
  • secured $6 billion in NEW funding to fight the opioid epidemic
  • signed VA Choice Act and VA Accountability Act
  • etc., etc.
All this and more amid constant bedevilment. What have the demos accomplished?

Trump Administration Accomplishments January 2020
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-29-2020, 12:57 PM   #28
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONEY View Post
What do you do when you get the feeling that the Liberals "stand for doing good in the world"?
I come to the Paceadvantage off-topic forum...and read all about the "evils" of Liberalism.

Last edited by thaskalos; 06-29-2020 at 12:58 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-29-2020, 01:16 PM   #29
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Because the tax system and its loopholes favor the rich thereby oppressing the poor and middle class.
Most of Trumps tax cuts went to the richest five percent, and more to the richest one percent. The common man like you and me ended up supporting the rich by paying more in taxes with the elimination or reduction of personal and dependent exemptions.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-29-2020, 02:37 PM   #30
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
Most of Trumps tax cuts went to the richest five percent, and more to the richest one percent. The common man like you and me ended up supporting the rich by paying more in taxes with the elimination or reduction of personal and dependent exemptions.
I keep hearing this, but my taxes went down and I’m not rich at all.

My business taxes went down too. Which was the real goal Trump had. It actually worked.

Until China decided to play bio warfare.