Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 06-27-2020, 10:23 PM   #16
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Hey Mr. Exposed Nerve Twitter Man...cj's first sentence specifically says he's not claiming it's a fixed race.

Reading is FUNdaMENTAL.
Like I said. I was reacting to Twitter. Sometimes I know what I have to say is going to be long and use this forum. I acknowledged what CJ said and explained it. Want me to simonize your car too?
Old 06-28-2020, 01:30 PM   #17
PressThePace

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Hey Mr. Exposed Nerve Twitter Man...cj's first sentence specifically says he's not claiming it's a fixed race.

Reading is FUNdaMENTAL.
I'll defend Vic on this one. Our old friend EMD4ME is on Twitter proclaiming that it was definitely a fix. When I saw CJ's post, I knew he had probably seen the post as well. I'm sure the same thing ran through Vic's head.
PressThePace is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-28-2020, 02:10 PM   #18
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PressThePace View Post
I'll defend Vic on this one. Our old friend EMD4ME is on Twitter proclaiming that it was definitely a fix. When I saw CJ's post, I knew he had probably seen the post as well. I'm sure the same thing ran through Vic's head.
I commented on this race immediately on Twitter. I didn't see the other. I'm not in the habit of saying a rider fixed a race. I remember one indecent in Louisiana where it was obvious three riders tried, but failed, to fix a trifecta. But that is about it.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-28-2020, 02:24 PM   #19
green80

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
I commented on this race immediately on Twitter. I didn't see the other. I'm not in the habit of saying a rider fixed a race. I remember one indecent in Louisiana where it was obvious three riders tried, but failed, to fix a trifecta. But that is about it.

Fixed races happen but 99% of the time it's just some bad judgement by the rider. I find that the less one knows about the sport the more often you hear them say the race was fixed.
green80 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-28-2020, 02:33 PM   #20
PressThePace

Quote:
Oh, I'm in agreement. I'm just defending Vic's previous comment about why he even mentioned fixing. If I had commented, I probably would have mentioned it as well even though you prefaced your comment at the beginning of the thread. I'm sure race-fixing has happened, but I don' think Irad would be that sought after if he was involved in something like that.
PressThePace is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-28-2020, 02:46 PM   #21
the little guy

Anyone that actually pays attention to Irad Ortiz ride could NEVER sanely accuse him of cheating. The guy will pretty much do anything he can to win. He's as competitive as anyone you will see. Bad riding judgement? Surely you will see that sometimes, though on the grass he's extraordinarily good, and his flaws, like what happened earlier this week, are easily predictable. They don't get punished as much on turf as they do on dirt, which is why he is so much better on that surface.

These narratives are unfortunate because they hinder learning, and Twitter has become a place where a lot of relative newcomers to the game will go, and seeing that kind of drivel will lead them badly astray. It plays into people's worst instincts.....conspiracies.
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-28-2020, 02:55 PM   #22
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
Anyone that actually pays attention to Irad Ortiz ride could NEVER sanely accuse him of cheating. The guy will pretty much do anything he can to win. He's as competitive as anyone you will see. Bad riding judgement? Surely you will see that sometimes, though on the grass he's extraordinarily good, and his flaws, like what happened earlier this week, are easily predictable. They don't get punished as much on turf as they do on dirt, which is why he is so much better on that surface.

These narratives are unfortunate because they hinder learning, and Twitter has become a place where a lot of relative newcomers to the game will go, and seeing that kind of drivel will lead them badly astray. It plays into people's worst instincts.....conspiracies.
Irad makes a ton of money. He'd have to be nuts to even entertain the idea of trying to fix a race.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-28-2020, 09:12 PM   #23
Profesor

Quote:
Irad makes a ton of money. He'd have to be nuts to even entertain the idea of trying to fix a race.
They used to say the same thing about Herve Fillion 😊😊😊
Profesor is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-28-2020, 09:25 PM   #24
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by PressThePace View Post
Link? I miss EMD4ME...and I don't know how to look him up myself.
Old 06-28-2020, 09:57 PM   #25
jimmyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Link? I miss EMD4ME...and I don't know how to look him up myself.

https://twitter.com/EMD4ME

He does say Irad stiffed.
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-28-2020, 11:03 PM   #26
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
https://twitter.com/EMD4ME

He does say Irad stiffed.
What a useless communication venue Twitter has turned out to be. Totally unappetizing.
Old 06-28-2020, 11:41 PM   #27
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
What a useless communication venue Twitter has turned out to be. Totally unappetizing.
Yep. I hate it. But I read it occasionally when news breaks.

Btw, they could fix it in five minutes.

Charge to use it.
Old 06-29-2020, 12:22 AM   #28
jay68802

The horse broke her maiden wire to wire. Then put into a G!, was rated, and finished off the board. The horse gets the lead, at slow pace, and the jockey pulls her off the lead, and put her in the same position where she had proven, did not like to be. And was doing this because the owner and / or trainer said to rate her? Really stupid decision in the connections part, IMO.
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-29-2020, 02:26 AM   #29
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Shocking...
Old 06-29-2020, 09:06 AM   #30
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Agree - you should tweet that out!

BUT, some people have been able to use it effectively - CJ for one, Andy for another....I follow a lot of horse people but essentially no one else. Steve Byk, for sure.

Only as good as the fingers keying in the tweets.