Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 11-20-2015, 12:06 PM   #16
tanner12oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonmouthParkJoe
More often than not I get screwed. Touted Mucho Macho Man several years back in the Breeders only to totally pick the wrong horse and miss my horizontal wager for big money.

Only time I remember this working out well was at Freehold maybe ten years ago. Wanted to play the 4 at Freehold, $100 to win. Teller gave me $100 to win on the 4 at Aqueduct. 4 horse wins at freehold, pays $3.60. Check my ticket and start losing my mind. Checked the Aqueduct screen and the 4 won, paid $49.

I now only use self service machines to avoid this.
I touted wise dan and ended up singling game on dude instead that year..cost me like 5k
tanner12oz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2015, 03:59 PM   #17
SG4

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
Race is running, I look down at the PC and the 5 button is still bright, not colored dark (for unavailable).
Over the years on several different ADW's I've seen a race still appear up for wagering once it's over, and I always assumed (and hoped) this was just appearances and not actually open & I never tried once to even make a $2 show wager to see if it would go through, afraid that a) if it worked I would be subject to investigation, and b) if it worked I would lose all faith in betting in our industry. Guess thought B is gaining more traction, all the more reason to stick with the multi-race wagers.

Most Happy Fella was such a game horse to root for, wish he'd find some of that old spark somehow
SG4 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2015, 05:25 PM   #18
sam4022

A Golden Glow

Years ago at Meadowlands I loved Golden Glow as he was dropping into a sprint and had run a lightning quarter and half in his prior route start. Back then I was a $2 or $5 bettor but I like him so much I was going $20 across. Well he opened at 20/1 and just kept going up so I chickened out and dropped to $5 across which returned a $330.00 for the win.

But the real luck was that my brother-in-law introduced me to a friend and mentioned to him that I really liked Golden Glow. It turns out the friend was a massive gambler who came up to me after the race and handed me a $20 win ticket. Turns out he had the horse to win and on top of an exacta wheel but best of all, he also had the trifecta paying over $7,000. I also went home quite tipsy, as I couldn't finish one beer before another was handed to me.
sam4022 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2015, 08:02 PM   #19
hyipro

Not the same topic, but it relates to the topic, three years ago I saw a website, with Justin Bieber, riding his new electric car, never heard of it
"Fiska Karma" (LOL now OOB sold to the Chinese) anyways googled the car
led me to the website of Fiska, and it had a contest "Design your own car" so like I spent a few minutes doing my dream car..........this all happened
in July before hurricane Sandy hit us on the East coast, what happens next
about two months latter I get a series of e mails please call it important,
"yea right" I was about to blow it off when my wife says, no call who knows
right ?? well I won the car , I had my choice of the car ($125,000) or the
$$$$$$$$$$$ of course I took the $$$$$$$$$ ($95,000), the check shows
up UPS in the middle of the Sandy Storm, no cash flow, no heat, no electric.
etc. All I did was design the car and enter my e-mail address. No one, friends or family could believe it, I kept a copy of the check framed. To take the story a bit further, of course my wife and I went to the bank to deposit the check , they would not do so said it was a scam, I had to wait unitil they verified with the company the check was legit, so my little story......
hyipro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2015, 08:05 PM   #20
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyipro
Not the same topic, but it relates to the topic, three years ago I saw a website, with Justin Bieber, riding his new electric car, never heard of it
"Fiska Karma" (LOL now OOB sold to the Chinese) anyways googled the car
led me to the website of Fiska, and it had a contest "Design your own car" so like I spent a few minutes doing my dream car..........this all happened
in July before hurricane Sandy hit us on the East coast, what happens next
about two months latter I get a series of e mails please call it important,
"yea right" I was about to blow it off when my wife says, no call who knows
right ?? well I won the car , I had my choice of the car ($125,000) or the
$$$$$$$$$$$ of course I took the $$$$$$$$$ ($95,000), the check shows
up UPS in the middle of the Sandy Storm, no cash flow, no heat, no electric.
etc. All I did was design the car and enter my e-mail address. No one, friends or family could believe it, I kept a copy of the check framed. To take the story a bit further, of course my wife and I went to the bank to deposit the check , they would not do so said it was a scam, I had to wait unitil they verified with the company the check was legit, so my little story......

THAT....................is amazing. Bigger figure involved there...(from up above)
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2015, 08:06 PM   #21
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG4
Over the years on several different ADW's I've seen a race still appear up for wagering once it's over, and I always assumed (and hoped) this was just appearances and not actually open & I never tried once to even make a $2 show wager to see if it would go through, afraid that a) if it worked I would be subject to investigation, and b) if it worked I would lose all faith in betting in our industry. Guess thought B is gaining more traction, all the more reason to stick with the multi-race wagers.

Most Happy Fella was such a game horse to root for, wish he'd find some of that old spark somehow
I'll never forget being at the BIG A and my buddy Al was screaming who's getting third? who's getting third at Calder????

I look over and he's hitting repeat every 2 seconds.

The pool was still open and he was punching up tris despite the race being at the 1/16 pole.

Happened many times over the years.
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2015, 08:08 PM   #22
SuperPickle

Once when I started using a new ADW their online wagering site was kind of out of dated and funky.

Best way I can describe is if you made a win bet on a horse in a race and went in to bet another win bet the original horse number was defaulted to and you had uncheck it. Like let's say you bet $20 on the #2. Then you go back in and want to bet $5 on #5. If you didn't uncheck the #2 and simply checked the #5 you would get $5 to win on both numbers. Horrible interface.

Well I was going through a little drought and to get my confidence back I was placing small win saver bets on my 2 and 3 choices. First time I starting doing this I wasn't aware of this quirky interface and bet two additional bets by accident on my primary choice and he won. It was like an extra $50.

And here's the even bettie part. I kept forgetting about this quirk and it happened more than once. As dumb as that interface was I made more money on it than I lost.
SuperPickle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply