Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-21-2016, 11:27 AM   #31
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike
I thought Trump hired only the best and brightest. Why wasn't Paul put in place from day one if he's the best? Trump puts loyalty ahead of competence and knowledge? Sounds like Obama.

How is the road to the WH a lot clearer
? Don't you need to control what comes out of Trump's mouth? Paul can do that? Highly doubtful. Why can't Trump just (re)focus on jobs and national/border security? That's the road to the WH for him. Doesn't it bother you he can't keep his ego in check and stay focused on issues that attract blue-collar voters in places like OH and MI?
Actually, Mike, the great Paul Manafort has been in charge since early April. I said that in my other post on this thread. But no one cares to engage my posts, so the threads eventually become just more of the same old same old. People here posting repeated false narratives just doesn't make for good dialogue nor does it make for a convincing argument but it often happens in OT-General.

Trump will focus on the issues that are the true concerns of the American people. It is illegal immigration and amnesty, jobs and the economy and national security. If you've heard that before I'll understand that because I wrote about these main issues when the Donald Trump thread started, countless times. Again, these issues that should have been discussed on here forever, but were basically ignored -- it's better to debate if Trump is a clown than to debate these issues.

It was a few of the resident geniuses on this site that said that Trump can't win because his hair is orange; or he is a TV reality star; or he's a fake and fraud. Or at the very least they have said Trump is ... not really successful, nor not 'as' successful and rich as he claims to be. LOL.

Trump is a guy that lives in and owns Trump Tower, on Fifth Avenue in Manhattan, and the Trump bashers say he isn't a success. LOL, LOL. And if he's not living in Trump Tower, he lives in Mar-a-Lago, the most exclusive and successful resort on Florida's east coast, which he built and owns. LOL. But, he's not a success, they say?? More LOL.

All the Trump bashers on here and on TV should get their yucks and snarky vapid insults in right now, and then repeat them a few more times, because, as of this moment, Trump is a mortal lock to win in November.

He will again remind people that Hillary is for wide open borders and illegal immigration; he'll remind people she wants gun control; he'll again remind people of her war on jobs and coal; he'll remind people that Hillary abandoned the heroes at Benghazi, and that she is directly responsible for their murders; Trump will remind people that Obama was responsible for the worst economy in 100 years -- topped by just 35,000 jobs created last month while 95 million people are out of work, and that Hillary wants to be Obama Act II!

And at this time, I am not even going to get into Hillary's criminal and immoral actions pertaining to the Travel Gate scandal; her almost bankrupting the Rose Law Firm in conjunction with the Whitewater Land scheme and scandal; the Laureate Int'l scandal and pay to play corruption; her Putin reset, and her personal war on women and direct involvement in the attempted destruction of dozens of women who dared to make valid allegations against Bill Clinton on matters of rape and sexual abuse.

And the liberals here defend her and say Trump can't win in November.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-21-2016, 11:48 AM   #32
ebcorde
Veteran

Trump will not win

Trump has proved if you have rich parents, you can make a ton of money easy.

That if you are a builder you could work the system to pay no taxes, that's what I learned.

Trump has proved corruption between the %1 and government is why Bernie can beat Trump worse than Hillary can.
ebcorde is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-21-2016, 12:39 PM   #33
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Shall we list what YOU just proved?
Old 06-21-2016, 12:42 PM   #34
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Shall we list what YOU just proved?
That ignorance is bliss?
Old 06-21-2016, 05:48 PM   #35
whodoyoulike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox
... But no man is necessarily the best at everything all the time.
For the General Election, he is not the best man.
Trump has been smart enough to recognize that, change horses and move on.
I thought it was reported his daughter and I think that guy Manafort said either he goes or they will go.

So, do you still think it was originally his idea?
whodoyoulike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-21-2016, 06:08 PM   #36
whodoyoulike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless
... Trump is a mortal lock to win in November. ...

Careful.

Didn't that guy Bigmack say something similar about Romney on here way back when and I haven't seen him post since that other election?
Old 06-21-2016, 07:15 PM   #37
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodoyoulike
Careful.

Didn't that guy Bigmack say something similar about Romney on here way back when and I haven't seen him post since that other election?
It was a bet. He lost.
Old 06-21-2016, 08:16 PM   #38
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Careful.

It's a mortal lock that if I stop posting on here it will not be because Trump lost an election in November.
Old 06-21-2016, 09:21 PM   #39
whodoyoulike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave
It was a bet. He lost.
Do you know what the bet was?

I thought he was just embarrassed because he made a similar declaration that Romney was going to win. I remember him making a big deal about that election which I thought was an odd way for an adult to act.
Old 06-22-2016, 09:53 AM   #40
Rookies
Canadian since 51

Quote:
Do you know what the bet was?

I thought he was just embarrassed because he made a similar declaration that Romney was going to win. I remember him making a big deal about that election which I thought was an odd way for an adult to act.
Simply went all in on the election and said he'd never post again, if Obama beat Mittens. The result was etched in granite a few months out, when Romney's infamous '47%' comment, came out- on tape. RCP confirmed it every day until the finish line, but BM refused to believe or acknowledge.

To his credit- he walked away.
Rookies is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2016, 09:55 AM   #41
Rookies
Canadian since 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless
It's a mortal lockr.
Not just a lock? A mortal lock! 😝

I'll take that action. 😉
Rookies is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2016, 10:25 AM   #42
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookies
Not just a lock? A mortal lock! 😝

I'll take that action. 😉
How much? How about a loonie.... ?

(I must need my head examined betting a loonie with a lunatic (j/k). But I will since it's a mortal lock I'll win.)
Old 06-22-2016, 10:29 AM   #43
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:

Though if unsubstantiated reports are true, he also made side bets with other members and reneged on those once he upheld his public bet.

And I might be remembering wrong, but I think the bet was a product of what had developed into a colossal battle between he and Dahoss90210. I think it was one of those "loser leaves the WWF" sort of matches. To cap it off, Dahoss then split shortly thereafter before just recently making cameo appearances again.

Damn Obama!

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2016, 05:04 PM   #44
whodoyoulike
Veteran

Quote:
Simply went all in on the election and said he'd never post again, if Obama beat Mittens. ...

Well, that was just a dumb ass move and declaration since he had no control of the outcome or could influence it unless he thought he had some major following. Then again, he did have an over sized ego.

Last edited by whodoyoulike; 06-22-2016 at 05:07 PM.
Old 06-22-2016, 05:13 PM   #45
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebcorde
Trump has proved if you have rich parents, you can make a ton of money easy.
Lots of people inherit wealth.
The majority of them piddle it away, or their second or third generation does.
Trump built a fortune, through hard work.
Within 3 generations his family will quite possibly lose it.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply