Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 2.20 average.
Old 03-19-2019, 11:25 AM   #1126
Dahossdaboss
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
What makes him a hero? losing to 0bama?

https://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news...r-hero-6421192
Is this more of that (unfunny) humor you’re known for?
Dahossdaboss is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-19-2019, 02:13 PM   #1127
JustRalph
Just another Facist

McCain was a Democrat
Old 03-19-2019, 03:11 PM   #1128
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahossdaboss View Post
Is this more of that (unfunny) humor you’re known for?
No legitimate question ... what makes him a war hero? or was anyone who say action in any war a hero?

The link was to someone in the military at the same time, who did not feel he was a hero.

Did he run for president with 'war hero' in his qualifications?
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-19-2019, 03:12 PM   #1129
MargieRose

I don't think RINO McCain is a war hero; at least, not on the level of receiving the Silver Star. I personally know a true war hero who deservedly received the Silver Star for gallantry in action...ACTION!

IMO, McCain relished turning over a copy of the dossier to the FBI. Now, how did he manage to get his hands on that, in the first place?

As if that wasn't enough, McCain relentlessly dissed candidate Trump. Trump then kicked in with his own dig...a big kick! I would have, too.

IMO, McCain's week-long funeral show was overkill. So what that he was a Senator, and, like I said, I don't think he was a legitimate war hero; but, of course, his service as a soldier is appreciated.

So no, I am not thoroughly disgusted by Trumps remarks. Actually, I'm more disgusted by McCain's daughter's remarks at the funeral and her defection to, of all places, The View. I'm convinced that her father had a hand in that, too.
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-19-2019, 03:31 PM   #1130
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

John McCain is a ****ing war hero. There is no debate.

Whatever else you think of the man, whatever else you think about how he conducted himself as a politician, you should just stop when it comes to his service during Vietnam.

Every single person who got dragged out into that miserable war, who didn't weasel out of it (hello Donald Trump, hello Bill Clinton)...who didn't have daddy get him a cushier spot (and he did have a famous military dad who I'm sure COULD have gotten him an easier gig) - hello George W. Bush, is a HERO in my book.

I never served a day in the military. But I have a high level of respect for every single person who has, especially the ones who were sent off to war, either by choice or not. How can you not?

So stop trying to justify John McCain is not a war hero. He most CERTAINLY was.

Maybe you should read up on what he went through over there.

Goddamn it people. Stop being stupid for stupid's sake.
Old 03-19-2019, 03:36 PM   #1131
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post

Whatever else you think of the man, whatever else you think about how he conducted himself as a politician, you should just stop when it comes to his service during Vietnam.

Every single person who got dragged out into that miserable war, who didn't weasel out of it (hello Donald Trump, hello Bill Clinton)...who didn't have daddy get him a cushier spot (and he did have a famous military dad who I'm sure COULD have gotten him an easier gig) - hello George W. Bush, is a HERO in my book.

I never served a day in the military. But I have a high level of respect for every single person who has, especially the ones who were sent off to war, either by choice or not. How can you not?

I'm entitled to MY opinion, too. And please stop yelling!
Old 03-19-2019, 04:04 PM   #1132
Ocala Mike

Quote:

Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-19-2019, 04:06 PM   #1133
Ocala Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post

McCain was a Democrat

So was Trump.
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-19-2019, 04:28 PM   #1134
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocala Mike View Post
So was Trump.
But not while sporting the hat of a Republican.
Old 03-19-2019, 04:31 PM   #1135
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:

As a retired Navy veteran myself there is NO other way to classify McCain as anything other than a war hero PERIOD!!!
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-19-2019, 04:39 PM   #1136
railbird

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Absolutely, except the actual frightening derangement HERE, is without a doubt, the inability of you Chuimpettes and Chumpites to unfreeze your loving lips from his welcoming ass hole
Like your lips were attached to the asshole of the Kenyan born Muslim
Old 03-19-2019, 04:46 PM   #1137
thaskalos

Quote:

We are all too small, and too insignificant, to downplay McCain's "heroism"...or to trivialize what he went through while in captivity. These warriors put their lives on the line for our freedom...and we criticize them from the comfort of our recliners? RESPECT!
Old 03-19-2019, 05:28 PM   #1138
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
I'm entitled to MY opinion, too. And please stop yelling!
My reply wasn't directed solely at you. It was directed at everyone on this board who keeps telling me John McCain wasn't a war hero.

You're entitled to your opinion. And I finally stated mine.

Sorry if I just got fed up seeing people trying to rationalize why McCain isn't a war hero.

Just because Donald Trump said so.
Old 03-19-2019, 06:30 PM   #1139
FakeNameChanged

Quote:

Best thing I've ever read that you put on here PA. He most certainly was a war hero. He flew in 23 bombing missions over Viet Nam from an aircraft carrior. That's 23 more combat missions than Clinton, Trump and I've flown. I've known three combat pilots personally who've flown fighters and Attack planes(McCain's plane), and these guys walk bowlegged because their b_lls are the size of grapefruit.

We had a guy in our neighborhood growing up, who was Korean War POW and our whole town acknowledged him as a war hero. I currently have another ex-VN POW living a few blocks from me, his hero status is unquestioned. Both of these guys came home looking like walking skeletons. John McCain did 5-1/2 years in one of these hell-holes.

When his plane took a Surface to Air Missile,(in combat), he ejected and the force broke his leg and both arms. He landed in a lake nearly drowning, and the North Vietnamese who pulled him from the lake beat and bayoneted him on top of multiple broken bones. When his captors learned his father was an admiral, they were going to release him, but John refused. I have friend who did three tours as a Marine in Viet Nam , and he says John McCain is a war hero and so do I. I'm embarrassed for posters that disagree with John's politics and think he doesn't deserve hero status. I say this as a lifelong Republican going back to the Nixon admin.

Last edited by FakeNameChanged; 03-19-2019 at 06:32 PM.
FakeNameChanged is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-19-2019, 06:41 PM   #1140
Big K

Amen!!
Big K is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: