Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 1.00 average.
Old 12-28-2018, 02:04 PM   #1066
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo View Post
BS.

While we're on the subject would you politely tell your fellow countrymen to GTFO please?

elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-28-2018, 02:24 PM   #1067
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo View Post
BS.
BS as in border security? Yes, I'm in favor of it.

And you can find nothing in my posts or those of the majority of wall critics here to the contrary.

Thanks for playing, better luck next time.
Old 12-28-2018, 03:08 PM   #1068
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
Nice little sob story deflection.

I know of no one here opposed to border security. I and some others believe that The Donald's Wall is not an effective method for border security, and that money could be spent more wisely. Trump has given no indication of even considering other approaches, and his fans here just accept that he knows best.
No, you don't speak for me...I know best!

What do think would have happened with the 6000+ strong caravan had Trump not sent the military down to bolster that out-of-date fencing with barbed wire?

Yeah, there are lots of illegals here for many reasons including the Visa overstays, but the worst of them, mostly at the southern border, break the law from the get-go just to get in...unacceptable, PERIOD! A wall/state-of-the-art fencing will help, PERIOD! It's a reasonable start, PERIOD! Trump also wants to stop 'chain migration' and the 'visa lottery.' Anything wrong with THAT?

And, what are you relegating to a "nice little sob story deflection"?...the CA cop killing?...the legal immigrant killed by an illegal immigrant? Are you et al really that hardhearted to even say something like that?
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-28-2018, 03:10 PM   #1069
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
No, you don't speak for me...I know best!

What do think would have happened with the 6000+ strong caravan had Trump not sent the military down to bolster that out-of-date fencing with barbed wire?

Yeah, there are lots of illegals here for many reasons including the Visa overstays, but the worst of them, mostly at the southern border, break the law from the get-go just to get in...unacceptable, PERIOD! A wall/state-of-the-art fencing will help, PERIOD! It's a reasonable start, PERIOD! Trump also wants to stop 'chain migration' and the 'visa lottery.' Anything wrong with THAT?

And, what are you relegating to a "nice little sob story deflection"?...the CA cop killing?...the legal immigrant killed by an illegal immigrant? Are you et al really that hardhearted to even say something like that?
Nothing.

The military wasn't stationed anywhere near where the Caravan showed up. It was Trump drumming up his base prior to a midterm.
Old 12-28-2018, 03:14 PM   #1070
Clocker

Quote:
And, what are you relegating to a "nice little sob story deflection"?
The post I quoted and responded to. A nice little hypothetical sob story, free of facts.
Old 12-28-2018, 03:15 PM   #1071
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post

While we're on the subject would you politely tell your fellow countrymen to GTFO please?

Pew is right! I smelled something stinky about those numbers. But when we add a little context to them, we get a different take.

https://freebeacon.com/issues/700000...ed-visas-2017/
Old 12-28-2018, 03:16 PM   #1072
Clocker

Quote:
Nothing.

The military wasn't stationed anywhere near where the Caravan showed up. It was Trump drumming up his base prior to a midterm.

The military played no active role there, and they are not allowed to. They were support troops, taking care of food, housing, etc.
Old 12-28-2018, 03:28 PM   #1073
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Pew is right! I smelled something stinky about those numbers. But when we add a little context to them, we get a different take.

https://freebeacon.com/issues/700000...ed-visas-2017/
Yeah...

Maybe we should work on that instead of... well... you know... walls, landmines, detention centers, etc., etc.

Old 12-28-2018, 03:37 PM   #1074
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Yeah...

Maybe we should work on that instead of... well... you know... walls, landmines, detention centers, etc., etc.

I have a better idea. Let's bring the Kurds here, secede some border land to them and have them defend the border against invaders. A win-win.
Show Me the Wire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-28-2018, 03:45 PM   #1075
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire View Post
I have a better idea. Let's bring the Kurds here, secede some border land to them and have them defend the border against invaders. A win-win.
There is already one thread where you're coming up empty...

Want two?
Old 12-28-2018, 04:06 PM   #1076
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
There is already one thread where you're coming up empty...

Want two?
Is your fantasy world crowded?
Show Me the Wire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-28-2018, 04:09 PM   #1077
MargieRose

Quote:
Nothing.

Quote:
Nothing.
Quote:
The military played no active role there, and they are not allowed to. They were support troops, taking care of food, housing, etc.
Where do you two get your information??

U.S. military lays barbed wire at border as migrant caravan approaches

U.S. Marines reinforced a wall at the U.S.-Mexico border with barbed wire on Thursday (November 15) as hundreds of Central American migrants planning to seek asylum in the United States approached.

Barbed wire and barricades were also installed at the San Ysidro and Otay Mesa crossings from Tijuana.

Tijuana, in the Mexican state of Baja California, is at the westerly end of the border, around 17 miles (38km) from San Diego, California.

The administration of U.S. President Donald Trump has taken a firm stance against the caravan, which began its journey north on Oct. 13 and briefly clashed with security forces in the south of Mexico early on its route.

US troops put up barb wire along border in Hidalgo, Texas

Last edited by MargieRose; 12-28-2018 at 04:14 PM.
Old 12-28-2018, 04:10 PM   #1078
boxcar

Quote:
Yeah...

Whatever it takes to keep uninvited [alien] guests out.

I bet if push came to shove you'd be able to knock out an Anti-Home Invaders Book for Dummies -- 101 Ways to Keep 'em out Your Hair, Home and Pockets, in no time flat.
Old 12-28-2018, 04:11 PM   #1079
fast4522

Quote:
Where do you two get your information??

U.S. military lays barbed wire at border as migrant caravan approaches

U.S. Marines reinforced a wall at the U.S.-Mexico border with barbed wire on Thursday (November 15) as hundreds of Central American migrants planning to seek asylum in the United States approached.

Barbed wire and barricades were also installed at the San Ysidro and Otay Mesa crossings from Tijuana.

Tijuana, in the Mexican state of Baja California, is at the westerly end of the border, around 17 miles (38km) from San Diego, California.

The administration of U.S. President Donald Trump has taken a firm stance against the caravan, which began its journey north on Oct. 13 and briefly clashed with security forces in the south of Mexico early on its route.

https://youtu.be/a0sjzHDon3g

https://youtu.be/G1tWhBiwr3M
Nice videos, thanks for posting them MargieRose.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-28-2018, 04:24 PM   #1080
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
Nice videos, thanks for posting them MargieRose.
You're welcome, Fast.

It seems some people are living in some sort of vacuum.