Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2014, 06:11 PM   #1
Stillriledup
Veteran

The amazing Stopchargingmaria

She's made a million and her fastest Beyer is an 86. If you believe in Beyer figs she's not all that special talentwise, but somehow, she wins big races and makes lots of money. Who said you have to be fast to be rich!
Old 07-20-2014, 06:27 PM   #2
RunForTheRoses

Yeah, Timeform had her fairly slow as well. Predicteform, the successor of equiform didn't have quite as slow but not exactly a barn burner either:

http://www.predicteform.com/Pace-Fig...20-2014-Race10
http://www.predicteform.com/Blog

he ran away with it, may have been a weak field and the 2 may not have bee at her best.
Old 07-20-2014, 07:12 PM   #3
Thebigguy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
She's made a million and her fastest Beyer is an 86. If you believe in Beyer figs she's not all that special talentwise, but somehow, she wins big races and makes lots of money. Who said you have to be fast to be rich!

Ugh... She stinks. The 3yr old filly crop is horrible. Still have no clue why Untapable did not run in this prestigious G1 today. She will not win the Haskel and she would have been 1-9 for a G1 at Saratoga. Makes no sense to me at all.
Unbridled Forever needs a turn back or a new trainer. Her best race ever was her maiden score. She would be a total beast from off the pace in the Test.
Old 07-20-2014, 09:56 PM   #4
sammy the sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebigguy
Ugh... She stinks. The 3yr old filly crop is horrible. Still have no clue why Untapable did not run in this prestigious G1 today. She will not win the Haskel and she would have been 1-9 for a G1 at Saratoga. Makes no sense to me at all.
Unbridled Forever needs a turn back or a new trainer. Her best race ever was her maiden score. She would be a total beast from off the pace in the Test.
thank you for THIS...I'll tell you why later...
Old 07-21-2014, 12:11 AM   #5
Thebigguy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy the sage
thank you for THIS...I'll tell you why later...

???
Old 07-21-2014, 12:41 PM   #6
whodoyoulike
Veteran

I like Stopchargingmaria. The replays I've seen shows she likes to race and win.
Old 09-27-2014, 02:55 PM   #7
Stillriledup
Veteran

Here's a question is you guys don't mind.

This horse was entered at Parx and scratched. Just heard Pletcher talk about why they scratched her at Parx and he talked about the track at Parx and whatnut, but there was no medical reason to have scratched, they just decided they didnt want to run on that track.

So, my question is, why enter in the first place? If you dont want to run, why are you entering?
Old 09-27-2014, 02:58 PM   #8
thespaah

Quote:
Here's a question is you guys don't mind.

This horse was entered at Parx and scratched. Just heard Pletcher talk about why they scratched her at Parx and he talked about the track at Parx and whatnut, but there was no medical reason to have scratched, they just decided they didnt want to run on that track.

So, my question is, why enter in the first place? If you dont want to run, why are you entering?
Pletcher said she runs better off longer layoffs. He then said she thought the additional week would help.
In any event, I like her chances today.

Last edited by thespaah; 09-27-2014 at 02:59 PM.
Old 09-27-2014, 03:04 PM   #9
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespaah
Pletcher said she runs better off longer layoffs. He then said she thought the additional week would help.
In any event, I like her chances today.
My point was that they knew this before they entered.
Old 09-27-2014, 03:10 PM   #10
andtheyreoff

Quote:
I agree with you on this one (shocker), but I believe they were still planning on running Princess of Sylmar in the Beldame at Cotillion entry time. When the Princess was retired, they decided to send Maria to Belmont.
Old 09-27-2014, 03:10 PM   #11
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Incorrect.
Old 09-27-2014, 03:14 PM   #12
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Incorrect.
I just heard TAP talking on TVG about why they scratched, it wasn't medical based.

Pletcher said he was concerned about backing up to a mile and a 16th (knew the distance before they entered) he was concerned about carrying top weight (also knew what the weights were before they entered) and said that the Parx track can be quirky at times, and that is also something that he knew in advance. There was nothing said about specifically scratching because he saw the bias in the earlier races.

Last edited by Stillriledup; 09-27-2014 at 03:19 PM.
Old 09-27-2014, 03:19 PM   #13
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
I just heard TAP talking on TVG about why they scratched, it wasn't medical based.
I never said it was medical or bias based. Still incorrect, but don't let that stop you.
Old 09-27-2014, 03:23 PM   #14
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
I never said it was medical or bias based. Still incorrect, but don't let that stop you.
We must be talking about 2 different things.
Old 09-27-2014, 03:29 PM   #15
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
I'm talking about this. I don't believe it is true. You think they were scratching for the Beldame if Princess of Sylmar hadn't been retired? I don't.

You actually believe anything Pletcher says anyway? He rarely tells the truth to the media.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: