Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 11-06-2010, 07:33 PM   #1
WinterTriangle

What did ya'll think of that acceleration?

I have to watch again to see the finish up close, and for the last Qs, but looked like Zen's nose was around at Blame's eyeball.

Were there any horses in that race who could have accelerated down the lane like that?

Watching her run by LAL like he was a telephone pole was kinda exhilarating, he is workmanlike of course but not fast. That "I'm comin' to getcha" style is what is fun to watch in her.

Hypothetical: if she had gotten ahead of the other horses, was there anyone in the race who could have motored right by her once she had the lead?
WinterTriangle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-06-2010, 07:36 PM   #2
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterTriangle
I have to watch again to see the finish up close, and for the last Qs, but looked like Zen's nose was around at Blame's eyeball.

Were there any horses in that race who could have accelerated down the lane like that?

Watching her run by LAL like he was a telephone pole was kinda exhilarating, he is workmanlike of course but not fast. That "I'm comin' to getcha" style is what is fun to watch in her.

Hypothetical: if she had gotten ahead of the other horses, was there anyone in the race who could have motored right by her once she had the lead?
Of course none of them could finish that fast late because they all actually used some energy to establish position early. Oh, and she wasn't accelerating. I haven't checked the timers and lengths back, but I'd bet my eye teeth on that one.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-06-2010, 07:38 PM   #3
slew101

Blame has won most of his races in deep, deep stretch. He has never lost a photo finish. Zenyatta had enough time to get by and could not. Blame deserves a ton of credit for digging in there and holding her off.
slew101 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-06-2010, 07:39 PM   #4
tzipi

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterTriangle

Name a deep closer that doesn't accelerate visually. Of course she does. She waits till others use up more energy and then she starts running. Time wise, I don't know if she was accelerating though. I'm sure someone will come up with times. Plus, Blame stayed ahead after the gallop out.
tzipi is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-06-2010, 07:44 PM   #5
OntheRail

Quote:
Originally Posted by slew101
Blame has won most of his races in deep, deep stretch. He has never lost a photo finish. Zenyatta had enough time to get by and could not. Blame deserves a ton of credit for digging in there and holding her off.
And under a hand ride at the end...
OntheRail is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-06-2010, 07:48 PM   #6
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntheRail
And under a hand ride at the end...
I thought it was clever to drift him out so Blame saw her. It may have made the difference.
Old 11-06-2010, 08:00 PM   #7
InsideThePylons-MW

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Oh, and she wasn't accelerating. I haven't checked the timers and lengths back, but I'd bet my eye teeth on that one.
26.2 23.3 23.4 24.2 24.0
InsideThePylons-MW is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-06-2010, 08:04 PM   #8
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideThePylons-MW
26.2 23.3 23.4 24.2 24.0
Thanks...tough to really know she was so far back. Looks like she just ran evenly.
Old 11-06-2010, 08:15 PM   #9
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Thanks...tough to really know she was so far back. Looks like she just ran evenly.
They took 90 minutes to put the chart out - I think they were part careful on this one - still estimated though
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-06-2010, 08:24 PM   #10
delayjf

Quote:
I thought it was clever to drift him out so Blame saw her. It may have made the difference.
Good point, I saw that as well. Sometime when a horse drifts out like that it will cause a horse on the outside to shift out a bit losing a stride or two. I would be interested in viewing the head on to see if Blames drift out intimidated Z a bit.
delayjf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-06-2010, 09:21 PM   #11
chickenhead
Lacrimae rerum

26.2 23.3

Very similiar to the 1st and 2nd f she ran in the Vanity that had her gassed at the end. Not a winning combo. Relative to that Vanity, she ultimately ran much better here.

Last edited by chickenhead; 11-06-2010 at 09:24 PM.
chickenhead is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: