Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 04-30-2018, 10:35 PM   #91
LoneF
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalding No! View Post
The vast majority of horses that finished behind Gronkowski are still maidens. Even in his first start this year featuring a 3-horse field, the other two runners were maidens.

There is no internationally recognized Group winners amongst Gronkowski's victims (in fact, he himself has never tried a Group level race).

He did beat a gelding named Another Batt last out who back in September won what was called a "local" Group 3 in Turkey.

That latter accomplishment probably holds up to beating a multiple Grade 1 winner and a Grade 1-placed Grade 3 winner in the US...
Did you analyze the 8 horses that Justify beat in his first two starts ? That was a real salty bunch !!
LoneF is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-30-2018, 10:47 PM   #92
GMB@BP

the weight this guy is putting on Justify to perform well, to win this one race, probably will be too much for him to overcome.

He has 19 horses to be right, I like his odds.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-30-2018, 10:49 PM   #93
Spalding No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneF View Post
Did you analyze the 8 horses that Justify beat in his first two starts ? That was a real salty bunch !!
In his first start against winners, Justify actually beat other winners, whereas Gronkowski beat 2 maidens!!

I didn't realize we get to delete races of our choosing. Cool...if we simply look at each colt's 2018 races, they've raced 3 times apiece.

Gronkowski has faced 17 other horses, Justify 14.

Now to be fair, one of those 3 "extra" horses that makes Gronkowski a battle-tested sellsword while Justify remains tied to momma's apron strings was a stakes winner in Constantinople...

So there's that...
Spalding No! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-30-2018, 10:54 PM   #94
AskinHaskin

Quote:
compare the resumes of Mendelssohn and Justify. Mendelssohn has beaten by far better horses in better races.

Can anyone confirm that Mendelssohn has ever defeated the winner of a past or subsequent Gr. I race?

PS - don't bother searching the field from Sept. 16 at Doncaster, as Mendelssohn ran dead last.
AskinHaskin is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-30-2018, 10:55 PM   #95
Spalding No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
the weight this guy is putting on Justify to perform well, to win this one race, probably will be too much for him to overcome.

It's not about Justify winning or losing.

We don't need to wait until Saturday to find out if Lone F is flat out wrong about what he is posting.

He's wrong right now.

Couldn't even get Justify's purchase price nor Magnum Moon's winning margin in the Arkansas Derby correct...

He might not even know that Mendelssohn and Justify have the same sire...
Spalding No! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-30-2018, 10:58 PM   #96
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsin View Post
He rides for Pletcher regularly and chose loyalty.
And future employment.
Jockeys do not tell Pletcher who will ride his horses.
Old 04-30-2018, 11:02 PM   #97
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Oh are you talking about that race at Los Al where Runaway Ghost was EASED.

Nice try !!!
He quit the bit when he saw those two he was so scared!
Old 04-30-2018, 11:14 PM   #98
depalma113

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskinHaskin View Post
Can anyone confirm that Mendelssohn has ever defeated the winner of a past or subsequent Gr. I race?

PS - don't bother searching the field from Sept. 16 at Doncaster, as Mendelssohn ran dead last.

He has never beat a Grade One winner.
depalma113 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-30-2018, 11:27 PM   #99
LoneF
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post

I will have my pick it’s not like I am going to take everyone but Justify
Old 04-30-2018, 11:30 PM   #100
LoneF
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
He quit the bit when he saw those two he was so scared!
Oh yeah lol. Well I don’t think Solomini or Instilled Regard will have Mendelssohn or Magnum Moon shaking in their boots !!
Old 04-30-2018, 11:39 PM   #101
AskinHaskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by depalma113 View Post
He has never beat a Grade One winner.

Well then why is that fool trying to suggest that Mendelssohn, with his 1-for-54 trainer, is the second coming of (some fictitious Euro-shipper who ever won the Kentucky Derby) ?
AskinHaskin is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-30-2018, 11:42 PM   #102
Blenheim
Race Player

Lone,

The Derby Trail is always fun and you’ve been a part of it. Its been fun reading your posts.

~

No doubt, Justify is a bum as you have wonderfully elucidated in your posts. Of course, you like Mendelssohn. Mendelssohn represents the Storm Cat line, 0/51; his trainer is 1/54 on dirt and of course when was the last time a horse from overseas shipped in and won the Kentucky Derby. To further complicate the matter is the quarantine and no work on the surface.

I have no doubt about Mendelssohn’s ability to ship in and perform on grass and has proven it in the BCJT; grass to grass is pretty much grass, but when you go dirt-to-dirt, its different dirt. I found it terribly ironic that in this article your nemesis Baffert describes how Mendelssohn will fall. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.7cb3b10ee365

I figure for different reasons, they both finish up the course. The question is which horse will cross the finish line first.

I wonder if there is that prop bet in Vegas.

Blenheim is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-30-2018, 11:43 PM   #103
LoneF
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskinHaskin View Post
Well then why is that fool trying to suggest that Mendelssohn, with his 1-for-54 trainer, is the second coming of (some fictitious Euro-shipper who ever won the Kentucky Derby) ?
I am curious where you guys are getting this 1-54 trainer stuff at about Mendelssohn ???

I had no idea that Aidan O Brian had ever won a derby so not sure where the 1 comes from ?

And I also had no idea that O Brian has had 54 previous derby starters !!!

Wow learn something new everyday !!
Old 04-30-2018, 11:49 PM   #104
LoneF
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blenheim View Post
Lone,

The Derby Trail is always fun and you’ve been a part of it. Its been fun reading your posts.

~

No doubt, Justify is a bum as you have wonderfully elucidated in your posts. Of course, you like Mendelssohn. Mendelssohn represents the Storm Cat line, 0/51; his trainer is 1/54 on dirt and of course when was the last time a horse from overseas shipped in and won the Kentucky Derby. To further complicate the matter is the quarantine and no work on the surface.

I have no doubt about Mendelssohn’s ability to ship in and perform on grass and has proven it in the BCJT; grass to grass is pretty much grass, but when you go dirt-to-dirt, its different dirt. I found it terribly ironic that in this article your nemesis Baffert describes how Mendelssohn will fall. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.7cb3b10ee365

I figure for different reasons, they both finish up the course. The question is which horse will cross the finish line first.

I wonder if there is that prop bet in Vegas.

I wish I would have read your post prior to writing my last post. Now I see where that guy is getting his 1-54 stuff from. Well on the bright side that 1 win came in his last dirt try ( UAE Derby ) so maybe it’s the lightbulb angle for the trainer LOL
Old 04-30-2018, 11:53 PM   #105
LoneF
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalding No! View Post
In his first start against winners, Justify actually beat other winners, whereas Gronkowski beat 2 maidens!!

I didn't realize we get to delete races of our choosing. Cool...if we simply look at each colt's 2018 races, they've raced 3 times apiece.

Gronkowski has faced 17 other horses, Justify 14.

Now to be fair, one of those 3 "extra" horses that makes Gronkowski a battle-tested sellsword while Justify remains tied to momma's apron strings was a stakes winner in Constantinople...

So there's that...
What lol ?????

Your trying to put me on the Gronkowski bandwagon lol

I said Magnum Moon who has faced 31 horses should not be compared to Justify in that category because he has only faced 14

I only brought up Gronkowski once and that was to compare the weak fields they both faced