Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Trading The Financial Markets

Old 01-30-2021, 08:56 AM   #1
stuball

Question silver

Has anyone put money into silver allocation via bullion vault - I am about to take some money out of the bank savings which pays almost nothing and put it into bullion vault per recommendation of Neil Mccoy Ward -- Any suggestions - comments - pros - cons
stuball is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-30-2021, 10:43 AM   #2
king kong

Silver

It carried the Lone Ranger a long way
king kong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-30-2021, 11:31 AM   #3
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuball View Post
Has anyone put money into silver allocation via bullion vault - I am about to take some money out of the bank savings which pays almost nothing and put it into bullion vault per recommendation of Neil Mccoy Ward -- Any suggestions - comments - pros - cons
Not wanting to rain on your parade, but Silver is stuck at the same level it was 8 years ago, and more than 50% lower than 10 years ago. Having said that, IF it can rise above the monthly closing high of August, 2020 of 28.59, then I think it has a chance of going up. Bullion, generally sells for a generous percentage above spot prices.

https://schrts.co/uWCpGtVJ
Old 01-30-2021, 11:40 AM   #4
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeNameChanged View Post
Not wanting to rain on your parade, but Silver is stuck at the same level it was 8 years ago, and more than 50% lower than 10 years ago. Having said that, IF it can rise above the monthly closing high of August, 2020 of 28.59, then I think it has a chance of going up. Bullion, generally sells for a generous percentage above spot prices.

https://schrts.co/uWCpGtVJ
up until yesterday, i would have told you that silver was going to be $200 by next week. they stopped the Robin Hoods and Reddits from buying SLV. i also think that $200 is still cheap for silver whenever it gets there. i am probably the only guy that you will ever meet that called for oil to go to ZERO a year before it went to negative $37 . unfortunately i can't tell you when the silver goes above $200, but it will get there, i promise that. it might be right after Bitcoin goes to $150,000.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-30-2021, 12:53 PM   #5
davew

How does SLV turn into buying silver? There are not people arbitraging between this and silver futures?

I see JP Morgan is holding their silver bullion.

If people keep buying, could there be spikes near expirations of the silver futures?

Last edited by davew; 01-30-2021 at 12:55 PM.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-30-2021, 02:32 PM   #6
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
How does SLV turn into buying silver? There are not people arbitraging between this and silver futures?

I see JP Morgan is holding their silver bullion.

If people keep buying, could there be spikes near expirations of the silver futures?
supposedly, and i use that word with caution, SLV has to buy or sell physical silver based on the open interest of their shares. you will find the same thing with GLD as well ... i believe the GLD and SLV has to back their paper asset with 70% of it in physical. GLD owns 40 million ounces of gold, while SLV owns 325 million ounces of silver..

i understand where you are coming from with the question. if these retail traders buy SLV and run it, will there be enough silver in the world to cover what they bought? now that one is a good question, i have no answer for it!

i would say, this government will never let these guys run silver. i don't think they are going to let them keep running the stocks that they have run as well.
Old 01-30-2021, 03:07 PM   #7
davew

so when I buy SLV, there is not a seller on the other side like stocks and exchange takes place, but a new one is formed.

There are closer to 600 million ounces of silver owned now (they say).

https://www.ishares.com/us/literatur...heet-en-us.pdf
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-30-2021, 03:20 PM   #8
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
so when I buy SLV, there is not a seller on the other side like stocks and exchange takes place, but a new one is formed.

There are closer to 600 million ounces of silver owned now (they say).

https://www.ishares.com/us/literatur...heet-en-us.pdf
yes, they just print up more shares as demand comes in, and then they supposedly go out buy silver to back the stock. hypothetically they can print up more stock than there is silver in the world, or they could stop taking new orders.

SLV is shortable just like any other stock. if they create a shortage of silver, the miners may hold back selling the silver waiting for a higher price as well.. as you can see, this has the ability to create one big mess and disrupt all markets.

by the way, there are plenty of other silver and gold etf's throughout the world that the US government would have no control over.
Old 01-30-2021, 03:25 PM   #9
lamboguy

i just thought of this, last week they only held 325 million ounces, now 600. who is going to sell their slv now if they know that brokerage firms won't let you buy any more?
Old 01-30-2021, 03:40 PM   #10
newtothegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
i just thought of this, last week they only held 325 million ounces, now 600. who is going to sell their slv now if they know that brokerage firms won't let you buy any more?
Which, in essence is very similar to what happened in game stop.....
low float equates to much higher prices if there was a run to buy silver....

In the case of game stop, there was and is still a HUGE short position. Last c checked, it was near 121% shorted. Any runs on buying would cause the shorts to either have to cover there by driving the prices even higher....

I wouldn't be shocked to see GME hit 1k soon.
After reading some of the reddit post on GME, those who have pushed this say they are holding no matter what. If thats truly the case, the price has no where to go but up!!!!
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
newtothegame is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-30-2021, 04:42 PM   #11
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
Which, in essence is very similar to what happened in game stop.....
low float equates to much higher prices if there was a run to buy silver....

In the case of game stop, there was and is still a HUGE short position. Last c checked, it was near 121% shorted. Any runs on buying would cause the shorts to either have to cover there by driving the prices even higher....

I wouldn't be shocked to see GME hit 1k soon.
After reading some of the reddit post on GME, those who have pushed this say they are holding no matter what. If thats truly the case, the price has no where to go but up!!!!
good points
Old 02-12-2021, 05:25 PM   #12
FakeNameChanged

SLV

[I]Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeNameChanged View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
up until yesterday, i would have told you that silver was going to be $200 by next week. they stopped the Robin Hoods and Reddits from buying SLV. i also think that $200 is still cheap for silver whenever it gets there. i am probably the only guy that you will ever meet that called for oil to go to ZERO a year before it went to negative $37 . unfortunately i can't tell you when the silver goes above $200, but it will get there, i promise that. it might be right after Bitcoin goes to $150,000.
SLV seems to be taking a 6 month breather, and stuck in a sidetrend. SLV has not risen above the Aug closing high of 27.00, on Aug 10,2020. It still looks moderately stronger than GLD, which has been tracking down from almost the same date in August.

SLV:
https://schrts.co/xNnbQnWG

GLD:
https://schrts.co/RJMihMgP
I'm avoiding both of them while this market is still uptrending.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: