Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 12-30-2020, 11:29 PM   #16
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by myohmyjustify View Post
Where is the outrage that we see all these really deplorable but healthy people that are JUMPIMG the vaccine line while worried, everyday citizens go wanting?

Why should Sen. Marco Rubio, Rep. A-O Cortez, a nobody actress Stephanie Elam, Sen. Liz Warren, Sen. Mitt Romney, has-been Oliver Stone and a few other elites gain a medical edge in this crisis??

They jump the line and take advantage of the rest of us because they could, that's why. One more fraud to add that I forgot: according to a really sick Joe Biden, "President" Kamala Harris.

PS--I am not including others we know of such VP Pence, Rep. Pelosi, Dr. Fauci, Joe Biden simply because they are older and in two cases anyway FATTER.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myohmyjustify View Post
One more fraud to add that I forgot: according to a really sick Joe Biden, "President" Kamala Harris.
While I agree with you about the lesser luminaries, I don't agree about Pence, Harris or Biden.

And yes, people who should be getting it aren't. For the record, my mom is 93, in a PT rehab facility after a hip break, and she has not even received her vaccine yet. I'm pretty po'ed about it.

but back to the ones I disagree w/you about.

If Trump had not already had Covid, I'd say he should be in front line, as the leader of a nation. And Pence, too, because with still almost a month before he is no longer VP, if something were to happen to Trump, Pence would have to step in until the new POTUS is inaugurated.

I mean, this is just common sense.

But you think the soon-to-be POTUS should only be vaccinated because "he's fat" and that our soon to be Vice President of the United States, who would take over in case something happened to the President, should NOT be in the front line to be innoculated for Covid-19?

Such a patriot you are.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-30-2020, 11:59 PM   #17
myohmyjustify

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
While I agree with you about the lesser luminaries, I don't agree about Pence, Harris or Biden.

And yes, people who should be getting it aren't. For the record, my mom is 93, in a PT rehab facility after a hip break, and she has not even received her vaccine yet. I'm pretty po'ed about it.

but back to the ones I disagree w/you about.

If Trump had not already had Covid, I'd say he should be in front line, as the leader of a nation. And Pence, too, because with still almost a month before he is no longer VP, if something were to happen to Trump, Pence would have to step in until the new POTUS is inaugurated.

I mean, this is just common sense.

But you think the soon-to-be POTUS should only be vaccinated because "he's fat" and that our soon to be Vice President of the United States, who would take over in case something happened to the President, should NOT be in the front line to be innoculated for Covid-19?

Such a patriot you are.
Cutting in front of the line, getting an edge over the lessers and gaming the system is the now 'sport' that rules in today's America.

Do you think the celebs and the politicians who took the vaccine with the cameras rolling took it to be safe or simply to make a photo op, especially by those who do not seem to be in the high risk category.
myohmyjustify is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-02-2021, 08:32 AM   #18
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

One good thing, if you can call it that, about the large number of infections recently is that it will be much easier to gauge the efficacy of the different vaccines coming out.
That was the problem with the SARS-1 vaccine. By the time the SARS-1 vaccine was ready to roll out, the disease had popped out. What good is it to running a trial if no one in your placeba group gets infected?
Redboard is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-04-2021, 08:39 PM   #19
Ocala Mike

Going to Gainesville Wed. morning for my shot in the trial, assuming I pass a rudimentary physical (79 years old, ok health). I figure I have a 67% chance of getting the vaccine rather than the placebo while my county health department is making a mess of trying to vaccinate the elderly. I registered a while back and haven't been called.

Anyway, one of the ground rules of the trial which I will make sure of on Wednesday is that not only can I opt out of participation in the trial at any time, I AM ALLOWED TO GET THE MODERNA OR PFIZER VACCINE AND STILL REMAIN IN THE TRIAL! That one seems odd to me, so I will get clarification.
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-05-2021, 07:46 AM   #20
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocala Mike View Post
G
Anyway, one of the ground rules of the trial which I will make sure of on Wednesday is that not only can I opt out of participation in the trial at any time, I AM ALLOWED TO GET THE MODERNA OR PFIZER VACCINE AND STILL REMAIN IN THE TRIAL! That one seems odd to me, so I will get clarification.
That must be a mistake.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-05-2021, 10:59 AM   #21
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

Quote:
Going to Gainesville Wed. morning for my shot in the trial, assuming I pass a rudimentary physical (79 years old, ok health). I figure I have a 67% chance of getting the vaccine rather than the placebo while my county health department is making a mess of trying to vaccinate the elderly. I registered a while back and haven't been called.

How are they going to determine the efficacy of the Novavax if you get one of the others? But on further thought, I doubt that the county will give you the MODERNA OR PFIZER if they know you already had the Novavax .

I signed up for the vaccine on the Marion County website on Saturday. They are supposed to call back but i haven't heard from them yet. They are starting with the first signup and going from there.

A neighbor called the Marion County Health Department and they indicated that you will be called once and if you are not home, they will not leave a message and will be put at the bottom of the list. You'll have to start all over again. Unfortunately I left my landline number but I can forward with *72.
Redboard is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-05-2021, 11:16 AM   #22
Ocala Mike

Good luck, neighbors:

https://www.ocala-news.com/2021/01/0...YQDIVvmWNbest0
Old 01-05-2021, 12:49 PM   #23
boxcar

Quote:
OGP is on the verge of shutdown, I think. Practiacally a tomb with more workers there than patrons some days, but it's pretty convenient for me, just 20 minutes drive on a country road surrounded by horse farms.

Payment for the trial wasn't discussed yet. I was in one up at UF 2-1/2 years ago for something else, but the trial was discontinued after about a month. I think I got mileage plus like $25 a visit. Will let you know.
Why do you want to get vaccinated?
Old 01-05-2021, 01:48 PM   #24
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:

So did you get in?

If you did, I hope it all works as expected...
Old 01-05-2021, 01:58 PM   #25
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

My 78yr old mother suffered an injury and I took her to the emergency room to get X-rayed and evaluated yesterday (all walk in clinics we visited had lines out the door)
The nurse told her (and I quote), “you don’t wanna be here, this place is crawling with Covid”...gee thanks ma’am, you scared the s**t out of my mother, who immediately left. This kind of news spreads quickly and folks panic.
My mother is scheduled to get her vaccine on Thursday the 7th and she has locked herself in her house until then.
She lives New Orleans.
Old 01-05-2021, 03:01 PM   #26
Ocala Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post

So did you get in?

If you did, I hope it all works as expected...
Going tomorrow and was told if I pass a rudimentary physical (I'm 79 and in reasonably good health), I will be jabbed with either the trial vaccine or a placebo (67% chance I get the vaccine). Ya, I'll update here and, for Boxcar, the answer is S C I E N C E. I believe in the vaccine maker, yet to get their entry on the market, and my state and county is totally messing up the Moderna jabs - on a long waiting list before they can deliver.
Old 01-05-2021, 05:37 PM   #27
boxcar

Quote:
Going tomorrow and was told if I pass a rudimentary physical (I'm 79 and in reasonably good health), I will be jabbed with either the trial vaccine or a placebo (67% chance I get the vaccine). Ya, I'll update here and, for Boxcar, the answer is S C I E N C E. I believe in the vaccine maker, yet to get their entry on the market, and my state and county is totally messing up the Moderna jabs - on a long waiting list before they can deliver.
Very altruistic of you.
Old 01-05-2021, 06:47 PM   #28
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Hope you get the real thing and it works!!!
Old 01-05-2021, 07:47 PM   #29
Ocala Mike

Thanks, Tom! Of course, the ironic thing about trials like these is that the vaccine maker hopes that the people who get the placebo subsequently come down with the COVID while everyone who was given their product remains negative so they can report a 100% efficiency Then, of course, there's always the matter of side effects and negative events/reactions.

Obviously, the vaccine maker has no stake in which people are given which shot, and the whole thing is 100% "in the blind." The fact is that, even if I get the placebo, I live in a rural area and have very few interactions with groups of people other than going to stores, the bank, and an occasional trip to the betting parlor (I'm careful with my mask).
Old 01-05-2021, 10:03 PM   #30
Fred Mertz

Why don't you just sell your plasma, like the winos do?
Fred Mertz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: