Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.33 average.
Old 03-16-2020, 10:16 AM   #1021
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post
And of course today it is tanking once again, eliminated all of the trump market, back to January 2017. 3 years of gains destroyed in a month.

Allan
So, that must mean we're doing the right thing in response to the virus. The more the market tanks, the more effective our response.

Keep on keeping on! We shall defeat this thing! :-)
Old 03-16-2020, 10:40 AM   #1022
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
So, that must mean we're doing the right thing in response to the virus. The more the market tanks, the more effective our response.

Keep on keeping on! We shall defeat this thing! :-)
We are all concerned about the same things you are, But it also looks like we are all in the same boat.

The raw data from Johns Hopkins is here.

Old 03-16-2020, 10:43 AM   #1023
RunForTheRoses

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2020/03/...n-will-remain/

We are in the midst of something that could have seemingly only been written in a science fiction novel, but is now reality. A so-called virus that has reportedly been responsible for a few thousand deaths, has allowed a small number of politicians to take over most of the globe. Entire countries are shutting down...This growing government takeover of all economic affairs is still expanding, and has the potential to become all-consuming in nature, all because of a virus most likely purposely created in a bio-weapons lab. This flu-like virus will soon end in my opinion, but the massive economic chaos created out of this structured pandemic will linger for many years. Actually, this could change the entire world economic outlook, and due to measures implemented without thought or caring, could destroy many families, and bring much more poverty, famine, and death than any virus ever could have achieved. To my knowledge, this possibility has not even been addressed, but maybe that was the plan all along. A scared and starving world population would be ripe for takeover, and the globalist agenda would have smooth sailing in its quest for domination.
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2020, 10:59 AM   #1024
Marshall Bennett

My neighbor closest to me is an engineer, has money, but otherwise is an idiot. He lives alone like me. He's one of these people you never hear a peep out of unless they need something. Needless to say he's totally unprepared.
I've thought about what I'll do if he was to run out of food and water and knocked on my door. I'm good for maybe 3 weeks tops.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2020, 11:24 AM   #1025
TJDave

Yesterday afternoon, I was sitting at the bar of a favorite watering hole when in walks several of Palm Spring’s finest to inform us that the mayor has declared all bars to be closed. Those attached to restaurants are off limits and patrons are to be seated at tables. All tables must be spaced 6 feet apart. No table can accommodate more than six people. In house dining is to be discouraged. Customers are encouraged to order take out. Maximum seating capacity is now halved. Any violation and licenses will be suspended or revoked.
Old 03-16-2020, 11:31 AM   #1026
Fred Mertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
Yesterday afternoon, I was sitting at the bar of a favorite watering hole when in walks several of Palm Spring’s finest to inform us that the mayor has declared all bars to be closed.

Blasphemy!

Happy hour is my social outlet most days. When fat boy closes I'll know the end of the world is near. He's a money grubbing Catholic with Jewish tendencies.

Hope I don't get flushed here.
Fred Mertz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2020, 11:39 AM   #1027
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Mertz View Post
Blasphemy!

Happy hour is my social outlet most days. When fat boy closes I'll know the end of the world is near. He's a money grubbing Catholic with Jewish tendencies.

Hope I don't get flushed here.
Don't worry, anything goes these days, even cute little anti-Semitic remarks...after all, COVID19 trumps (lulz) all!

There are NO other concerns other than the virus...so carry on Adolph.
Old 03-16-2020, 11:43 AM   #1028
Robert Fischer
clean money

I see a great deal of fear. A dystopian reality and an ever darkening future. No supplies, have to sacrifice basic needs, inadequate health care, isolation, constant economic and health uncertainty and fear...

And that was alll BEFORE this Covid-19 shit ever became an inkling in my thoughts!

My ~100yo Grandmother is still alive to my knowledge (as of a month ago), and we had, kind of a 'final talk', recently. She began by telling me that my life had always been so hard and that she was sorry. I told her, that no, I was doing fine. I talked to her about how she had gone through the Great Depression, and some of the stories she had told me many times. That she had gone through actual tough times. I talked to her about raising my father and two uncles. It was a good talk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunForTheRoses View Post
A scared and starving world population would be ripe for takeover, and the globalist agenda would have smooth sailing in its quest for domination.
What is left to takeover?
We could see some harder surveillance being implemented, and even more automation implemented... but as far as the wealthiest alliances dominating global policy, we may have already reached that stage, some time ago...

Last edited by Robert Fischer; 03-16-2020 at 11:47 AM.
Robert Fischer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2020, 12:24 PM   #1029
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett View Post
My neighbor closest to me is an engineer, has money, but otherwise is an idiot. He lives alone like me. He's one of these people you never hear a peep out of unless they need something. Needless to say he's totally unprepared.

I've thought about what I'll do if he was to run out of food and water and knocked on my door.
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2020, 12:38 PM   #1030
FantasticDan
gelding

FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2020, 12:38 PM   #1031
airford1

Well that's the Last Call. Noe we will see a run on Booze
airford1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2020, 12:46 PM   #1032
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
Not even an original thought by Romney....Andrew Yang had the idea months ago, of course under a different scenario.
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2020, 12:47 PM   #1033
jay68802

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Don't worry, anything goes these days, even cute little anti-Semitic remarks...after all, COVID19 trumps (lulz) all!

There are NO other concerns other than the virus...so carry on Adolph.
You crack me up once in a while.
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2020, 12:55 PM   #1034
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

China relaxes travel restrictions in CV-hit Wuhan, shifts concern to international travelers

The official Xinhua News Agency reported Monday that cities just outside the epicenter of Wuhan in the hardest-hit virus province of Hubei were chartering buses to send people who had returned home for the Lunar New Year in late January back to work.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...cid=spartanntp
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2020, 01:19 PM   #1035
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay68802 View Post
You crack me up once in a while.
I try...