Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.33 average.
Old 01-08-2021, 06:08 AM   #8536
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post
SOME people have been following mitigation efforts since day one and that is why many of us are still negative to testing.
I’ve not followed mitigation from day one. I have gone on two vacations to CA and FL. I come in contact with dozens of maskless people daily, and I’m STILL negative for the virus.

You’re a joke.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-08-2021, 09:28 AM   #8537
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

You are playing Russian roulette my friend
Old 01-08-2021, 09:44 AM   #8538
coachv30

I understand why people are on different sides of the fence with this issue. Nobody should be faulting anyone else's stance on the virus and the lockdowns. I for one feel the economy should be open and people should decide what precautions they need to take. The problem arises if certain businesses are experiencing a drop in revenue because too many people decide to avoid public places.

It's happening near me...places are open but still going out of business because their revenue is down. That however is NOT the fault of customers who are avoiding these places. As I said before, EVERY individual has the right to decide how they will deal with this virus.

Some people will refer to others as "Pussies" because they fear the threat. Maybe these people don't know what it's like to lose a loved one to Covid. It's not right either to tell someone else who lost somebody, "Oh...well they were diabetic....SO!!!!" It didn't mean they were dying!

Don't be salty because your favorite local tavern is closing because they just aren't getting the business they were in the past because a lot of the patrons are taking precautions. That is their right to do so. Government mandated lockdowns are a different story. Let people choose to go where they want to go. However, respect their right to avoid as well with out pointing fingers.

These are the conversations that are taking place on a neighborhood forum that I belong to.
Old 01-08-2021, 10:05 AM   #8539
Boomer

Oh to be in Florida

Just watched more CNN BS about seniors waiting for hours in Florida.

Let me tell you what they are NOT covering.

On Wednesday DeSantis lets local Medical system Ascension know they will have the vaccines on Thursday.

Thursday ( Yesterday), out of the blue my wife and I get an email asking if we want to get the vaccine "click here" for an appointment.

We made the appointments for today at 8:10. Did some nominal paperwork, got the shot, waited for 15 minutes to make sure there were no side effects and where out by 8:45 having a nice breakfast in a diner that has been open for months and just got home.

Amazing. Maybe that moron Cuomo needs to take a lesson from DeSantis, who I may add has had Florida back in business for months already.

No credit EVER by CNN for Desantis. Just whining about poor Cuomo and other democratic governors who have not figured out how to distribute the inoculations.let alone open up for business.

Florida and Manhattan. You would never know you were in the same world, Let alone the same country.

AND WHO GET THE AWARDS AND ACCOLADES? CUOMO.
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-08-2021, 10:40 AM   #8540
Rohirrim
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
I’ve not followed mitigation from day one. I have gone on two vacations to CA and FL. I come in contact with dozens of maskless people daily, and I’m STILL negative for the virus.

You’re a joke.
Do you not own a for-profit home health care service? How many employees? How many clients? And you're bragging on not practicing mitigation and traveling on vacations?

And you call someone else a joke?
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-08-2021, 10:41 AM   #8541
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Do you not own a for-profit home health care service? How many employees? How many clients? And you're bragging on not practicing mitigation and traveling on vacations?

And you call someone else a joke?
Only here a short while and already knows people's history...impressive...
Old 01-08-2021, 10:48 AM   #8542
Rohirrim
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Only here a short while and already knows people's history...impressive...
I was a member for several years until my laptop was stolen at Midway airport in Chicago almost three years ago. I would still read the forum but wasn't signed in to post. Finally signed up again over the long holiday break.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-08-2021, 11:27 AM   #8543
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Welcome back.
Old 01-08-2021, 11:36 AM   #8544
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
You are playing Russian roulette my friend
It's a bad flu. It's not the Plague. It's not Ebola. I don't buy into it's nothing and nor do I buy into the hang wringing "we're all gonna die" either. I know people that have protected themselves to the hilt and still got it. It could be anywhere and everywhere, and when something is anywhere and everywhere, you either hide in your hole until it passes or live as life was intended. For most of recorded history, people lived alongside death. Why does our hubris tell us we can live differently. We can't. It will find us at the appointed time. We only have so many days in life. They are precious. I know from experience. If my actions kill me, so be it.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-08-2021, 11:55 AM   #8545
xtb
Ultra MAGA "Gun Bitch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Phinney View Post
Anyone here know someone who has gotten the virus? Died from it?

I'm at the epicenter of the case load in California, we've at times knocked down 60,000 cases in a day, but noone seems to know anyone who actually had the thing let alone died from it.
I learned a friend I hadn’t seen in years recently died two weeks after contracting the chinavirus. He was 61 but morbidly obese. Another friend’s mother tested positive in a nursing home and sailed through it with no problems. She is 99 years old and going strong.

Other than those two cases, I know of no one else personally.

Last edited by xtb; 01-08-2021 at 11:56 AM.
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-08-2021, 12:00 PM   #8546
Secretariat

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
It's a bad flu. It's not the Plague. It's not Ebola. I don't buy into it's nothing and nor do I buy into the hang wringing "we're all gonna die" either. I know people that have protected themselves to the hilt and still got it. It could be anywhere and everywhere, and when something is anywhere and everywhere, you either hide in your hole until it passes or live as life was intended. For most of recorded history, people lived alongside death. Why does our hubris tell us we can live differently. We can't. It will find us at the appointed time. We only have so many days in life. They are precious. I know from experience. If my actions kill me, so be it.
If you're asymptomatic, your actions may end up killing others.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/scien...omatic-spread/

"People with no symptoms transmit more than half of all cases of the novel coronavirus, according to a model developed by researchers at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Their findings reinforce the importance of following the agency’s guidelines: Regardless of whether you feel ill, wear a mask, wash your hands, stay socially distant and get a coronavirus test. That advice has been a constant refrain in a pandemic responsible for more than 350,000 deaths in the United States.

Fifty-nine percent of all transmission came from people without symptoms, under the model’s baseline scenario. That includes 35 percent of new cases from people who infect others before they show symptoms and 24 percent that come from people who never develop symptoms at all."

Last edited by Secretariat; 01-08-2021 at 12:02 PM.
Secretariat is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-08-2021, 12:47 PM   #8547
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I was a member for several years until my laptop was stolen at Midway airport in Chicago almost three years ago. I would still read the forum but wasn't signed in to post. Finally signed up again over the long holiday break.
stolen is a word being phased out because it is socially insensitive, the new phrase will be given as reparations.
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-08-2021, 02:49 PM   #8548
46zilzal
velocitician

death toll now about 4K per day. My sister tells me that ALL the ICU beds in both of the regional hospitals in Laguna Hills are full.

She is a coder and tells me that's just about all she has coded for the last two weeks.
Old 01-08-2021, 02:55 PM   #8549
xtb
Ultra MAGA "Gun Bitch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post

She is a coder and tells me that's just about all she has coded for the last two weeks.
The chinavirus cures many ailments.
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-08-2021, 03:00 PM   #8550
davew

Joe is gonna say damn the booster second shots, release ALL the doses now to everybody

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...ine-doses.html
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: