Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.33 average.
Old 01-07-2021, 10:26 AM   #8521
lamboguy

then i will continue until the cases come down
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-07-2021, 10:27 AM   #8522
xtb
Ultra MAGA "Gun Bitch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post

I have been posting them for about 6 months, and i wanted to do it for another 6 or 7 months just to see if the numbers come down by then. this has absolutely nothing to do with a president or congressman or a governor. none of them can do anything about the spread even if they lock us down forever.
If the numbers were accurate, this would be very interesting to track but the numbers are seriously flawed. "Cases" are a function tests, which have varied wildly. Covid "Deaths" are slapped onto most anyone dying with the disease and not necessarily from the disease. These numbers by themselves don't have much value but if you were to include deaths from pneumonia, flu, respiratory failure, heart attacks and overall deaths for example, with years past, these might be meaningful numbers. Perhaps also the number of hospital beds available but that info seems to be hit or miss.
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-07-2021, 03:34 PM   #8523
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

Quote:
then i will continue until the cases come down
Why stop then?
Redboard is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-07-2021, 04:48 PM   #8524
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redboard View Post
Why stop then?
We should have zero tolerance for the virus
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-07-2021, 06:27 PM   #8525
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtb View Post
If the numbers were accurate, this would be very interesting to track but the numbers are seriously flawed. "Cases" are a function tests, which have varied wildly. Covid "Deaths" are slapped onto most anyone dying with the disease and not necessarily from the disease. These numbers by themselves don't have much value but if you were to include deaths from pneumonia, flu, respiratory failure, heart attacks and overall deaths for example, with years past, these might be meaningful numbers. Perhaps also the number of hospital beds available but that info seems to be hit or miss.
out of the total number of cases i use 20% of the number as the ones that have serious cases. there is no way you can get an accurate number because they are only reporting them as a total number. someone might test positive and may have very minor symptoms today and 3 days later they become very severe. another thing you can't figure are the deaths. some people have another illness and corona at the same time. some people die of corona and were never tested and the deaths are recorded as something else.

i am not worried until the total number of cases average 1/2 a million per day on average for 14 straight days.. i am hoping that the vaccine helps to keep it down below that number. i am convinced that if we did not have the vaccine we would get there within the next 6 months.
Old 01-07-2021, 07:36 PM   #8526
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Hmmmm........Al is right!

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 5A7A4E00-1E3E-420A-A75F-694FFDF8ECBD.jpeg (128.1 KB, 7 views)
Old 01-07-2021, 08:00 PM   #8527
Rex Phinney

Anyone here know someone who has gotten the virus? Died from it?

I'm at the epicenter of the case load in California, we've at times knocked down 60,000 cases in a day, but noone seems to know anyone who actually had the thing let alone died from it.

I had a friend of mine whose 90 year old mother had COVID listed on her death certificate, even though she tested negative 3 times and noone else in the house (she lived with him and his family) had it either. He couldn't get any answer from the hospital on why COVID was her cause of death.

It sort of makes you wonder, when a guy whose own mother was one of the 350K dead looks you right in the face and says it's BS. How many of the other 350K dead are the same story?

Whatever the story with the virus, the measures to control it are awful. We have been wearing masks religiously for 10 months out here and what good has it done???
Rex Phinney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-07-2021, 08:04 PM   #8528
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Phinney View Post

Whatever the story with the virus, the measures to control it are awful. We have been wearing masks religiously for 10 months out here and what good has it done???
SOME people have been following mitigation efforts since day one and that is why many of us are still negative to testing.
Old 01-07-2021, 08:08 PM   #8529
Rex Phinney

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post
SOME people have been following mitigation efforts since day one and that is why many of us are still negative to testing.

I'm not even sure what that means?

My point is California has been on the forefront of all the lockdown measures, mask mandates, kids out of school etc. No state has put in mitigation efforts like ours.

Given the current case numbers just how long are we supposed to do this? It clearly isn't working.....
Old 01-07-2021, 08:25 PM   #8530
46zilzal
velocitician

I see lackadaisical mitigation efforts out each and every day
Old 01-07-2021, 08:37 PM   #8531
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Phinney View Post
I'm not even sure what that means?

My point is California has been on the forefront of all the lockdown measures, mask mandates, kids out of school etc. No state has put in mitigation efforts like ours.

Given the current case numbers just how long are we supposed to do this? It clearly isn't working.....
There is plenty of corporate farming around you. Some of it involves seasonal workers. Some of it is in close quarters, and even if not the housing for these workers usually is. A necessary evil as long as California FEEDS THE WORLD.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-07-2021, 08:37 PM   #8532
sammy the sage

Quote:
Interesting....for the last 4 days....have had multiple people come into my business and say they've had it..(yes, tested postive)....and it was like an allergy....couple even said the whole families had gotten it....whilst...other's had said only they got it....but no one else did...

pretty much sums up all the points I've been making since April...imagine that....
Old 01-07-2021, 09:35 PM   #8533
Rex Phinney

Quote:
I see lackadaisical mitigation efforts out each and every day
Where? In California? I haven’t been indoors in a public space in California and seen anyone without a mask in months.

Pretty much all the research shows the overwhelming spread is coming from households, so unless we are going to wear masks while in bed with our wives we are pissing in the wind.
Old 01-07-2021, 09:41 PM   #8534
Rex Phinney

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
There is plenty of corporate farming around you. Some of it involves seasonal workers. Some of it is in close quarters, and even if not the housing for these workers usually is. A necessary evil as long as California FEEDS THE WORLD.
I guess maybe there is some truth to that, but I seriously doubt farm workers with mild or asymptomatic cases are lining up to get tested. At one point the county out here was giving away gift cards and even awarded its own employees comp time if they went and got tested. Again, seeing all this makes one wonder just how deadly it can be if they have to incentivize people to get tested.
Old 01-07-2021, 09:55 PM   #8535
lamboguy

Quote:
for Wednesday, January 5, 2021

261,000 cases

4100 deaths
for Thursday, January 7, 2021

274,000 cases

4100 deaths