Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 04-03-2019, 02:25 PM   #1
SkunkApe

Futures pool dumb question

I don’t understand futures pools, I guess.

Are the odds locked? The Pool 4 runs Friday through Sunday. If the odds are locked, and I kind of liked, say, Roadster, why would I bet him on Friday, instead of waiting to see how he performed in his race on Saturday?
SkunkApe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-03-2019, 02:48 PM   #2
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

If you're talking about the US-based futures pool, the odds fluctuate until the pool closes on Sunday.
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-03-2019, 02:53 PM   #3
Immortal6

Playing the future pools on your adw such as Xpressbet means the odds on the horses fluctuate until the pools close, it’s parimutuel.

If you want fixed odds you’re gonna have to go through a site like Bovada to kick in value on horses you like before they run this weekend.
Immortal6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-03-2019, 02:56 PM   #4
SkunkApe

Thanks, all. That clarifies it.
SkunkApe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-03-2019, 03:05 PM   #5
davew

I can't even remember how many future horses I have bet that did not even start the Derby.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2019, 06:33 AM   #6
PowerUpPaynter

I like to bet the futures pool off shore and early in the season, get high odds on a bunch of the top horses, get a good amount in the game then I can structure my exotics tickets different on derby day since I dont have to worry about covering some of the favs in the win spot.
PowerUpPaynter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2019, 11:24 AM   #7
f2tornado

I like taking the All Others option over and under a logical chalk or two, particularly in the earlier pools. Not going to get rich but it certainly provides a massive amount of combinations come Derby day allowing me to focus more on the trifecta and other gimmicks. Your choice doesn't even need to hit the true exacta. It just needs to finish ahead of all listed horses. The exacta would pay out to ALL/Game Winner even if the true order of finish is ALL/ALL/ALL/Game Winner. I think Pool 2 in 2017 worked out exactly that way with Classic Empire. There could be as few as five starters from each of the first three pools this year and probably no more than eight.

Last edited by f2tornado; 04-04-2019 at 11:25 AM.
f2tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Reply