Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 04-05-2004, 09:07 AM   #1
lwinston67

Stanbrite Procapper Settings

Does anyone happen to have any updated settings(pars & variants) for the Stanbrite Procapper program? I have version 3.23 and the settings are from 10/10/99. They seem to be working really well, but I was hoping that some new tracks might have been added to the settings list at some point after 10/10/99. Thanks in advance.

LW
lwinston67 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-05-2004, 12:56 PM   #2
Lefty

Stanbrite's prgm has not been supported or sold for several yrs now.. A yr or so ago there was talk about an update but don't think it happened. At least I haven't hear anything. Tony, where are you?
If you keep the free results and run the Parmaker feature from time to time I blve this effectively updates the pars.
Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-05-2004, 03:57 PM   #3
bestbet

Smile

I did use the program a while back.
For some reason was not able to download the results
anymore.
Are you still able to download results.
thanks
Old 04-05-2004, 04:55 PM   #4
Lefty

bestbet, I bght the prgm on a CD several yrs ago and then they did a couple updates via e-mal including the Wizard. I lost all that via a system crash but recently found my orig Cd. I'll put it on the computer and see if I can dl some results. Back later.
Old 04-05-2004, 08:29 PM   #5
Lefty

I could not get any results through the prgm either. It may be due to the fact that they no longer have a website, dunno.
Tony, Stan? Is there still going to be a new Procapper?

Last edited by Lefty; 04-05-2004 at 08:34 PM.
Old 04-06-2004, 09:27 AM   #6
Myhorse1_X
Veteran

Procapper

Iwinston:

The program will update the pars for you for the tracks that you are currently using.

Go to "Tools". then Varients and Par times maker. Execute that part of the program and the pars and varients are updated. Mind that it will only update the data that you have in the program.

At this time, the results have to be entered by hand. Go to "Program Performance", and click on Enter Results. It just asks for the win, place and show data, and the win mutual and track condition. The results must be entered into the program to make the Wizard work.

As far as the Wizard, it still has some bugs in it, but for the most part does the job. I still have about 70-80 settings for the wizard if you want them. I still think most of them will still be valid.

If you use the Wizard, be prepared for a long wait. I have a 1.4GH machine and it takes about 20 minutes to run 5-6 races through the Wizard.

I was a good program, and some still use it. I doubt if any updates will be fourthcoming.

MyHorse1

Last edited by Myhorse1; 04-06-2004 at 09:28 AM.
Myhorse1_X is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-06-2004, 12:01 PM   #7
Lefty

Thanks, Bob. I had forgotten about the prgm Performance Part. I kinda wish I still had the Wizard but lost it in a hard disk crash and never had a hardcopy. About a yr ago Tony sent me a copy of the whole pgm(like the one I lost)but never gave me any serial nos are codes so I couldn't get past security. BTW, I still have some of your settings that I copied.

Last edited by Lefty; 04-06-2004 at 12:02 PM.
Old 04-06-2004, 03:45 PM   #8
bestbet

Smile

Myhorse1

I would like to have the settings for the wizard .
if you could e-mail them .
Thanks
bestbet14@netzero.net

Last edited by bestbet; 04-06-2004 at 03:50 PM.
bestbet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-09-2004, 09:09 AM   #9
lwinston67

Myhorse1.

I'm interested in those Wizard settings as well. If it's not too much trouble, I'd really appreciate you sending them to me.

leahwinston@netscape.net

I guess I mispoke in my original post. I am more interested in the Stanbrite or Wizard per track settings (filters) than the pars and variants. When I have the program in Stanbrite mode, I can click the Settings list and see which tracks there are settings for. There are some tracks, like OP, Mnr, Hou, Pen, and others that are not listed, in which case, I have been using what I think are the best filters. I was just hoping someone might have the settings for those or others that weren't listed. I realize the program hasn't been supported for a long time, but I was just hoping that someone may have had some more up-to-date settings than the ones I had.

Thanks again....LW
lwinston67 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-11-2004, 04:25 AM   #10
swoop

Guys I still use Procapper on a Daily basis...It still works very well...by putting in results by hand...isnt hard at all ....and just run the partime maker about every 3 weeks and your all set.....I get real good results...I also have the Equisim Program..and these 2 programs together make a very potent combo....any Q's about ProCapper ..Just ask.....Swoop..

Last edited by swoop; 04-11-2004 at 04:27 AM.
swoop is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-11-2004, 11:36 AM   #11
Lefty

Swoop, I guess the most impt thing about procapper is getting the settings and filters right for ea indiv trk. The Wizard did that pretty well except it needed roi's to go with pctg and then Stan cut and run before he could fix it. I lost the Wizard part(was a e-mail update) but I have my orig CD)Do you or anyone have any setting and filters you'd care to share for trks you play?
Old 04-11-2004, 12:09 PM   #12
swoop

Lefty..I use my own custom settings..60/40 speed and 2nd and last fraction....it seems to do well....Swoop
swoop is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-11-2004, 12:13 PM   #13
Lefty

Thanks, Swoop. We're thinking a little alike. I was thinking of using 50-50 spd. 2nd, last fractions. Filters: All default except: I'd use good form, 200 days, and best last 4 pacelines. Guess I'd better get the test going.
Old 04-11-2004, 06:57 PM   #14
bestbet

Wizard

LEFTY
I HAVE THE Wizard PROGRAM.
SEEING THEY BIT THE DUST.
I'LL E-MAIL IT TO YOU IF YOU LIKE.
BUT LOST THE BOOKLET I KEPT MY ID CODE'S AND PASS WORDS IN.
DO YOU REMEMBER THE ID FOR THE Wizard .
THE HANDICAP PROGRAM I REMEMBERED.
BESTBET
Old 04-11-2004, 08:24 PM   #15
Lefty

I have a couple I could try, not sure if they'll work. If you don't mind go ahead and e-mail it.
chuck1760@juno.com
Thanks