Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 05-28-2021, 08:57 PM   #1
Andy Asaro

Owner determined to tweak Baffert by naming horse 'Bad Test Bob'

https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...ob/5246132001/

Excerpts:

“The Jockey Club, just like all these other jackasses in California, they want to protect Baffert,” Jamgotchian said. “As soon as we get through this, I’m going to federal district court and filing a civil rights action. . . And they’re going to get smoked.”

--------

“It’s going to cost me about $60,000 or $70,000, maybe $100,000,” Jamgotchian said. “I don’t really care. I want horse racing to have some rules that people follow.

“This is just the right thing to do. People should have the right to name whatever they want as long as it’s not obscene. You want to take a shot at somebody, take a shot at somebody.”

-----------

Asked to account for his own contradictory narratives, Jamgotchian said the name references both Dreyfuss and Baffert. He said Baffert is “always looking for the edge,” and has been protected for the most part by the CHRB.

“I think Bob Baffert has already disparaged his own name,” he said. “I don’t think Jerry Jamgotchian is going to disparage his name any more than Bob Baffert has.”

Last edited by Andy Asaro; 05-28-2021 at 09:04 PM.
Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-28-2021, 09:04 PM   #2
thaskalos

"Teflon Bob" is the better option...IMO.
Old 05-29-2021, 01:00 AM   #3
Fingal

Jerry Jam is firing his bullets again-👍 shades of when he named a horse 'Ingrid The Gambler'.
Fingal is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-29-2021, 09:59 AM   #4
burnsy
self medicated

I actually admire people like this. But when you stick to the truth minus excuses, politics and emotion people tend to not like you. But he has a point , his trainer is not named Bob and would probably be long gone after that many positives . I mentioned this in another post. Other owners and barns are starting to comment publicly. This will most likely produce actual results. I see the barns like this as part of the solution. The people excusing this behavior and sweeping it away....... well, it’s just gonna continue. Business as usual .
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-02-2021, 03:40 PM   #5
Andy Asaro

Email from Jerry Jamgotchian today.

jammer999@aol.com
To:
rbailey@jockeyclub.com
jgagliano@jockeyclub.com
miuliano@jockeyclub.com
lbarillaro@jockeyclub.com
msummers@jockeyclub.com
and 42 more...

Wed, Jun 2 at 12:12 PM

Mr. Bailey:

I think it's now time that you approve the name BAD TEST BOB because there is no way it can harass, disparage or humiliate Bob Baffert or any other "Bob" in the world.

The below article and many other prior ones published by the Bloodhorse (owned by TJC) does more disparaging, harassing and humiliating than the name BAD TEST BOB will ever do. These many articles confirm that Bob Baffert has had many Bad Drug Tests so this name is just true, accurate and totally factual.

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-rac...-drug-positive

Your decision to reject this name gets more ridiculous by the day and I urge you to approve this name immediately.

If not, rest assured that the Courts will not support your foolishness and the textbook "viewpoint discrimination" by TJC who I believe will very soon be designated as a "State Actor."

I urge you to quickly do what's right.

Sincerely,

Jerry Jamgotchian
Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-02-2021, 07:52 PM   #6
MONEY

Trainer Jerry Jamgotchian is poking the bear. He's likely to get framed with a positive test.

I remember many years ago Trainer Larry Jones testified in congress about the proliferation of drugs in the horse racing industry and that very little was being done about it.
A few days later one of his horses tested positive for Clenbuterol.
Jones had been in the business for 25 years without a positive before his testimony and I believe he hasn't had a positive since then.