Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 11-06-2012, 09:01 PM   #46
mlbelang

For all of you think he cant do 10F or was exhausted, or that the track bias (literally 3-4ft difference from the quote "outside" horse) has any relevence in Shanghai Bobby's win are delusional.

The colt may have made his move a bit early since he wasn't on the lead to begin with but it was clear as day that once he drew clear he was just kind of like "ok Rosie i dusted them, now what?" I swear he glanced back, saw another horse coming, got the whip, and said oh hell no. The horse was plenty game and once he can figure out to just keep running for daylight on the lead, he's going to be a contender in May and June.

That was only his 5th race. And one of them was a 4.5F at Aqueduct (a work-out with a purse). So lets call that BC win his 4th race. Maybe I'll be proved wrong, and perhaps at the expense of greed for stud, but I think hes a special horse.
mlbelang is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-09-2012, 03:06 PM   #47
Sysonby

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbelang
For all of you think he cant do 10F or was exhausted, or that the track bias (literally 3-4ft difference from the quote "outside" horse) has any relevence in Shanghai Bobby's win are delusional.

The colt may have made his move a bit early since he wasn't on the lead to begin with but it was clear as day that once he drew clear he was just kind of like "ok Rosie i dusted them, now what?" I swear he glanced back, saw another horse coming, got the whip, and said oh hell no. The horse was plenty game and once he can figure out to just keep running for daylight on the lead, he's going to be a contender in May and June.

That was only his 5th race. And one of them was a 4.5F at Aqueduct (a work-out with a purse). So lets call that BC win his 4th race. Maybe I'll be proved wrong, and perhaps at the expense of greed for stud, but I think hes a special horse.
I agree, think he might be the kind of horse who just gets bored and starts looking around when he's not being actively challenged.
Sysonby is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-26-2013, 04:55 PM   #48
Stillriledup
Veteran

Bobby making his 3yo debut in 10 mins.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-26-2013, 05:23 PM   #49
Mr_Ed

Impressive stretch run by 99-1 Joshua Comprise to garner 4th, IMHO.
Mr_Ed is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-26-2013, 05:31 PM   #50
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Happy to redboard the 7 in that race. Not a fan of Bobby but have to believe he wasn't fully cranked as the 7 more likely was. The two of them creamed the rest of the field, so don't think there was much else in that race. I'll pull for the 7 in the future, but not sure he'll get much better.
OTM Al is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-26-2013, 07:06 PM   #51
Badactor
UpInClass

Photos from the 2013 Holy Bull Stakes
Old 01-26-2013, 07:50 PM   #52
FrankieFigs
The 19th Hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTM Al
Happy to redboard the 7 in that race. Not a fan of Bobby but have to believe he wasn't fully cranked as the 7 more likely was. The two of them creamed the rest of the field, so don't think there was much else in that race. I'll pull for the 7 in the future, but not sure he'll get much better.
We didn't see the best from Frac Daddy. He grabbed a quarter. Nasty pic of it from McPeek on twitter. I was looking forward to seeing his first 3 yo start, but didn't quite pan out for him. Hope he heals up and comes back soon.

Other than Frac Daddy and maybe Bern Identity, I do agree that there wasn't much to that field.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:12 AM   #53
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Quote:
Ok, given that they gave him a 104 BSF, he may not have to get much better. Bobby had to be over 100 as well.
OTM Al is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-27-2013, 09:20 AM   #54
Jasonm921

Going into the race his Brisnet number were spot on for a top contender. This was no big surprise
Old 01-27-2013, 11:46 AM   #55
CincyHorseplayer

Quote:
Ok, given that they gave him a 104 BSF, he may not have to get much better. Bobby had to be over 100 as well.
That's pretty solid for a January 3yo stakes.Maybe this crop will break up the big picture this year.Fingers crossed!
CincyHorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-27-2013, 01:37 PM   #56
horses4courses

Shanghai Bobby?

He won't stay a mile and a quarter riding in a horse van.........
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-27-2013, 04:25 PM   #57
CincyHorseplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses
He won't stay a mile and a quarter riding in a horse van.........
HAHA!
CincyHorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-28-2013, 10:37 AM   #58
bisket

Bobby's a good play for the preps. I don't like him in the derby. He's the type I hate for the derby distance. He'll land in the super at short odds lowering the exotic payout. Hopefully he gets buried in the 1 hole derby day... increasing the mutuals for the tri and super. He's a good bet in a large field of horses though.
bisket is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-28-2013, 10:52 AM   #59
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I bet he never sets foot on the track on Derby Day.
I bet he will not win or place in a major prep at 9 furlongs.
I bet he winds up in one turn miles and 7 furlongs races by the summer/fall.

Shackleford, Caleb's Posse, part deux.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:14 AM   #60
bisket

Bobby didn't get a breather in the stretch in this one. In the juvy he waited on horses in the stretch. This time he had to run the entire stretch. Although racing inside on the lead is tough on a horse. When Bobby can't race against 3 year olds anymore I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes a sprinter. This is Todd Pletcher though. Bobby will get an injury shortly after the spring classics, and be retired. Or Pletcher will find an easy spot for him this summer, and then he'll show up for the classic, and grab a quarter or something of the sort. This way the illusion is sill there that he has stamina, and they can make a few bucks on him in the shed.
bisket is online now   Reply With Quote Reply