Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 03-14-2020, 12:13 AM   #31
Appy

I've noticed sudden scratches and no entries over the past few days from certain trainers who have previously been extremely active. When you see one trainer scratching entries at multiple track it makes ya wonder...

Last edited by Appy; 03-14-2020 at 12:15 AM.
Appy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-14-2020, 12:13 AM   #32
baconswitchfarm

Guys on here are always shocked with the juiced up form reversals in thoroughbred racing. In harness racing we have 3 to 4 Jorge Navarros at every track.
baconswitchfarm is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-14-2020, 12:21 AM   #33
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by baconswitchfarm View Post
Guys on here are always shocked with the juiced up form reversals in thoroughbred racing. In harness racing we have 3 to 4 Jorge Navarros at every track.
pretty amazing how bad it is in that part of the sport.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-14-2020, 12:26 AM   #34
taxicab

Quote:
You have solid harness knowledge Bacon........do you recall what now thoroughbred chemical master Norman McKnight was like as a harness guy back in the day ?
taxicab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-14-2020, 06:40 AM   #35
Irishfever

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxicab View Post
You have solid harness knowledge Bacon........do you recall what now thoroughbred chemical master Norman McKnight was like as a harness guy back in the day ?
Very shady, would try anything on a horse. Also trained for mob stable(The Green, White, and Red Stable) ran by L.M.

Set a horse up at Mohawk ,,they cashed LARGE and basically was asked never to come back.
Irishfever is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-14-2020, 07:47 AM   #36
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceMasterT View Post
My fear is that this was too few (especially the owners) of those that are using "extraordinary" measures to train their horses. If you want to find those trainers that aren't using drugs, look to those that have 0-20 horses in their care and have a .00 to .13 win percentage. I know he is the golden boy, but how is Baffert not ending up in this mess. All of those horses in his care dropping from "heart attacks" weren't a coincedence. I'm heartbroken. I really loved Maximum Security coming in to the Derby. To taint the greatest event that this sport has to offer, reprehensible.
Baffert has been protected by the CHRB a few times. I think you could make a case that CHRB is corrupt, and if they're not corrupt, incompetent. With the 7 horses in Baffert's barn that dropped dead (in a 16 month period), that was because of some drug he gave them, and the CHRB investigated and didn't do anything, no fine, no suspension. This was one of the strangest things I've seen in my career in racing (the fact that Baffert didn't get any sort of punishment). And then there was Justify testing positive a month before the Derby, which they also covered up. And, Bayern, who should have been dq'd.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-14-2020, 08:57 AM   #37
lamboguy

the horse sales company's have cancelled their sales this year. mainly because the Korean's are other foreigners won't be able to attend them now.

there are going to be good horses selling very cheap now. not only that due to the federal indictments you will be finally able to win your share of races competing on an even playing field. i say the guys that are still left that cheated won't be doing it now and if they still do they will get caught because everyone is watching for it now.

i know what its like to lose to a juice trainer, i had 8 different horses run second to Juan Carlos
Gurerria horses 8 time in a row. i had a real good one claimed from me by him, asked for a hearing in front of the stewards in what was Philadelphia Park and was told by the stewards they had no time to hear my case, they were investigating Gator Aid cases in horses. i even went to the Feds at that time and complained that i got juiced out of my money and was told that the case was not big enough and was referred back to the state jurisdiction. finally someone got the Southern district of New York to investigate these types of cases. without the upcoming convictions it has placed a black cloud on the game.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-14-2020, 09:06 AM   #38
castaway01

Quote:
You must have a different definition of "shocked" than I do. I'd say "completely cynical and skeptical", though you do have a small group that would be "outraged".
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-14-2020, 10:23 AM   #39
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy View Post
Baffert has been protected by the CHRB a few times. I think you could make a case that CHRB is corrupt, and if they're not corrupt, incompetent. With the 7 horses in Baffert's barn that dropped dead (in a 16 month period), that was because of some drug he gave them, and the CHRB investigated and didn't do anything, no fine, no suspension. This was one of the strangest things I've seen in my career in racing (the fact that Baffert didn't get any sort of punishment). And then there was Justify testing positive a month before the Derby, which they also covered up. And, Bayern, who should have been dq'd.
OK, let's assume for a minute that everything prior to the last sentence is true ( not saying it is, just suspend whatever you might believe for a minute, and say it is ) how the hell does the last sentence make ANY sense based on your prior comments? Are you saying the CHRB called the Stewards right after the BC Classic and told them under no uncertain terms are they to disqualify a Baffert horse and they complied? Really?
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-14-2020, 10:35 AM   #40
clicknow

Quote:

I know nothing about harness racing, but 3-4 Navarros at every track is a very scary thought, given how many horses would be *abused* (and possibly suffering?) over time.

If this is true then they should clean house, wipe it down til the paint comes off...........pronto......and perhaps make a 2nd and 3rd sweep further down the line.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-14-2020, 03:50 PM   #41
Pace Cap'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
usually in this type of a case the feds will go after added wrong doers as long as they know they can put their hands on substantial amounts of money that they can confiscate from the culprits. but they can still have their eyes on others to make a better case with.

Maybe they can confiscate Maximum Security...

And race him...

Or just keep him, in..........maximum security.
Pace Cap'n is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-14-2020, 03:53 PM   #42
Ocala Mike

Quote:
There is no stable on the grounds now at almost every harness track. Everyone is on private training farms so the tracks would have no way to know about this type of thing.
OK; you did say ALMOST. My bud owns a piece of a trotter racing at Pompano in S. Florida. Pretty sure the trainer has stalls on the premises.
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-14-2020, 03:59 PM   #43
Track Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
OK, let's assume for a minute that everything prior to the last sentence is true ( not saying it is, just suspend whatever you might believe for a minute, and say it is ) how the hell does the last sentence make ANY sense based on your prior comments? Are you saying the CHRB called the Stewards right after the BC Classic and told them under no uncertain terms are they to disqualify a Baffert horse and they complied? Really?
I wish I could find the post-race video of the 2011 Santa Anita Handicap (I think it was taken by Brad Free) when Game on Dude won but started a pinball effect in the stretch. Long inquiry and Brad Free has video of Baffert on the track phones talking to the stewards. Free was pissed in his video interview with Baffert and called him out on it. Not surprisingly, they left Game on Dude up. First, and only, time I've seen a trainer on the phone with the stewards while they were conducting an interview.
Old 03-14-2020, 04:37 PM   #44
clicknow

Joe Sharp's Blackberry Wine won OP R5 today by about 12 or 14 lengths.

He was DQed in a FG allowance race not very long ago for levamisole.

Today he was so far ahead it was like being alone on the track.

Blackberry Wine is the ninth horse trained by Sharp to test positive for levamisole during the Fair Grounds meet.

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-rac...sole-positives

Last edited by clicknow; 03-14-2020 at 04:39 PM.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-14-2020, 04:41 PM   #45
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track Phantom View Post
I wish I could find the post-race video of the 2011 Santa Anita Handicap (I think it was taken by Brad Free) when Game on Dude won but started a pinball effect in the stretch. Long inquiry and Brad Free has video of Baffert on the track phones talking to the stewards. Free was pissed in his video interview with Baffert and called him out on it. Not surprisingly, they left Game on Dude up. First, and only, time I've seen a trainer on the phone with the stewards while they were conducting an interview.
How was the CHRB involved?
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply