Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 09-14-2019, 05:54 AM   #211
sammy the sage

What about THE OTHER horses in B's barn at THE time....oh wait...Justify is the ONLY one that ate THE brownie....got it....

Also...surely some of THE OTHER trainer's used THE SAME hay...hhhmmmm....but no positives there....hhhmmmm

You B' lover's keep defending the thyroid killer...I call THAT...disgusting...

Last edited by sammy the sage; 09-14-2019 at 05:56 AM.
sammy the sage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-14-2019, 06:57 AM   #212
AMPHAR

For your consumption.

http://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com...polamine-gate/
AMPHAR is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-14-2019, 07:07 AM   #213
AMPHAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
I don't assume that. But I do know that one horse in the Santa Anita Derby and TC cycle failed both splits of a drug test, and the racing board covered it up. So let's start with him, shall we?
Uh we did. Someone pointed out his KY Derby test were clean.

Spin that.
Old 09-14-2019, 07:14 AM   #214
AMPHAR

Quote:
Brady's suspension was reviewed and affirmed by the US Circuit Court of Appeals.
Lol, the appeal was based on Roger Goodell’s power and right to suspend. They did not evaluate the method or evidence of investigation.

Nice try.

It is fact the initial air pressure everyone used to compute “X times” the legal limited were misreported.

Probably the same case here because because there are now questions about if was blood or urine.
Old 09-14-2019, 07:20 AM   #215
AMPHAR

Quote:
Bloodhorse would have never written ANY article if it hadn't been for Joe Drape.

I am truly sick of the racing press ignoring and doing no investigative reporting on the dark sides of the sport, and then publishing articles minimizing or parroting industry spin after an outside publication calls the sport out.

If Bloodhorse wants any credibility on these sorts of issues, start doing exposes itself. Start offending your advertisers.
Proof you don’t want to consume any alternative opinions different from your own.

Passed KY Detby drug tests- “Nah we don’t he’s was clean.....

Bloodhorse response - “Doesn’t count”. Why? “ Because they have advertisers”. Oh, the NYT doesn’t?
Old 09-14-2019, 09:53 AM   #216
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMPHAR View Post

Spin that.
Actually, that's an easy one. I suggest reading extensively at the U.S. Anti Doping Agency, World Anti-Doping Agency, as well as other expert sites.

If you look into testing science, and the history of the many athletes who were using but passed tests....there are many. (Notwithstanding, that suspicious results also don't always result in positives, and different testing technologies used.)

Not saying that happened here but merely contesting your statement about "spin".

There are drugs that are effective at picogram concentrations, let alone at nanogram concentrations, etc. and one would have to be intimately familiar and have expertise in the field of testing and biology------ as well as know the half-life of blood/plasma versus urine concentrations in the tested subjects (which are very different).

Anyway, this is precisely the reason so many athletes are always trying to figure out new ways to pass tests.

Last edited by clicknow; 09-14-2019 at 09:56 AM.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-14-2019, 10:11 AM   #217
Pace Cap'n

Wonder what the connections of Good Magic (2nd in KD) think about all this?
Pace Cap'n is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-14-2019, 10:12 AM   #218
dilanesp

Quote:
This is another example of the phenomenon of writers trying to minimize everything and draw every inference in the CHRB's favor. There is no reason anyone should do this and racing writers should not be spending their reputational capital on this project.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-14-2019, 10:13 AM   #219
dilanesp

Quote:

Spin that.
I addressed that upthread. Let's not go around in circles.
Old 09-14-2019, 12:38 PM   #220
GMB@BP

This story has already passed the national conciousness without as much as a whimper.

Those that follow the sport know of the sports inherent problems with drugs but in terms of Justify and the TC it is but a footnote in history.

Has NYRA banned Bob Baffert from running there, seems to me there is more evidence of him doing something wrong then Jerry Hollendorfer. Let that sink in, JH had nothing against him from the CHRB, and essentially was banned across the country, Baffert now with more on his record, will be welcomed with open arms. What a world.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-14-2019, 01:22 PM   #221
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
This story has already passed the national conciousness without as much as a whimper.

Those that follow the sport know of the sports inherent problems with drugs but in terms of Justify and the TC it is but a footnote in history.

Has NYRA banned Bob Baffert from running there, seems to me there is more evidence of him doing something wrong then Jerry Hollendorfer. Let that sink in, JH had nothing against him from the CHRB, and essentially was banned across the country, Baffert now with more on his record, will be welcomed with open arms. What a world.
Yeah, unless Ruis sues and succeeds (which is very difficult under the law), the most likely scenario here is: (1) a lot of people will, for the rest of time, consider Justify a phony TC winner, but nothing at all will be done about it; and (2) business will go on as usual and, if anything, the CHRB will be emboldened by having gotten away with this and may do even more secret business in the future.
Old 09-14-2019, 01:30 PM   #222
GMB@BP

Quote:
Yeah, unless Ruis sues and succeeds (which is very difficult under the law), the most likely scenario here is: (1) a lot of people will, for the rest of time, consider Justify a phony TC winner, but nothing at all will be done about it; and (2) business will go on as usual and, if anything, the CHRB will be emboldened by having gotten away with this and may do even more secret business in the future.
what is a "lot" in terms of national perception. In a decade I can ask any sports fan on the street if they remember the name and I will get a lot of yes, but I bet it will be a fraction that ever even heard of this.
Old 09-14-2019, 03:11 PM   #223
Wabash

How will this affect Justify when it comes time for his possible entry into the Hall of Fame? I think keeping him out is the only form of “punishment “ that can be given at this point.
Wabash is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-14-2019, 03:28 PM   #224
The_Turf_Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pace Cap'n View Post
Wonder what the connections of Good Magic (2nd in KD) think about all this?
I'm sure they're thrilled that his stud fee will never approach what a KD winner's stud fee would because a horse was in there that never should have qualified

This whole thing is ridiculous, but I'm sure it's not the first time it happened - just the first time we know about
The_Turf_Monster is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-14-2019, 03:40 PM   #225
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Turf_Monster View Post
I'm sure they're thrilled that his stud fee will never approach what a KD winner's stud fee would because a horse was in there that never should have qualified

This whole thing is ridiculous, but I'm sure it's not the first time it happened - just the first time we know about

Good Magic got beat fair and square (more than fair and square given the dynamics of the race).

They have no argument. The SA Derby participants are the only ones with a case.

Read the points rules, there is nothing in there about a subsequent DQ of a points race rendering the results of a Triple Crown race void. Nothing. Read them.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: