Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 02-24-2011, 12:08 PM   #61
Charli125

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
I find it pretty interesting that my reply in this thread went completely ignored. Just to add to what I wrote, here is what it says at the bottom of an actual NYRA overnight I had lying around the house:

Thus, I must once again express my surprise about the reaction to this move by Calder, for the reasons I stated earlier in this thread.
Exactly. This isn't some earth shattering thing. This is standard across most tracks. Calder offers free stabling, why would they do that if it doesn't help their field size?

I don't get the uproar.
Charli125 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-24-2011, 12:28 PM   #62
onefast99

Quote:
I find it pretty interesting that my reply in this thread went completely ignored. Just to add to what I wrote, here is what it says at the bottom of an actual NYRA overnight I had lying around the house:

Thus, I must once again express my surprise about the reaction to this move by Calder, for the reasons I stated earlier in this thread.
I wonder how many times people were denied permission. I think it is lightly enforced.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:32 PM   #63
onefast99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charli125
Exactly. This isn't some earth shattering thing. This is standard across most tracks. Calder offers free stabling, why would they do that if it doesn't help their field size?

I don't get the uproar.
There is no competition right now, GP and Tampa are running. Once again if there happens to be a time when both GP and Calder run simultaneously then yes Calder has to protect their field sizes and investment into the stabling of those horses by not allowing Calder horses to run at GP. Can anyone answer this one question, what is the financial harm to Calder right now? Because once the lawyers start getting paid that will be the question the judge would want answered before wasting everyones time and money!
Old 02-24-2011, 12:39 PM   #64
wizard_of_odds

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefast99
There will be no charge for the horseman to use Palm Meadows but they cannot stable there until the OBS at Palm Meadows sale concludes on March 3rd. The GP stables that will be used are make-shift tent style stables.
This sounds to me like GP is scrambling to insure horses for their meet and the Stronach noose is starting to tighten around Ritvos neck..Yeah Ritvo is doing a hell of a job..First he is buddies with the head of the FHBPA Sam Gordon gets in like stink,Gets hired by Stronach and all of a sudden they have the date dispute.Ritvo may think he has a lot of friends at Calder but I dont see him getting many pats on the back for this.He was even at the end of the year Calder dinner solicting the horseman for the upcoming meet.Stonach is a wackjob and now they hire another.Ritvo tells the horseman not to be afraid of running..I bet you wont see him here paying the wages for the people that did go against the Calder rule.Horseman that live here year round are going to support Calder.They have to make a living.Stronach ruined GP,Has ruined several other tracks,Has gone bankrupt and is a bully.Those who fail get fired quickly..Who the hell wants to drive to Palm Meadows 90 mins from Calder and then them dictate that you have to buy their beeding and feed.The big outfits at Calder may run a few but the majority of horseman will run at Tampa. Sure shipping may cost a little but they will protect the integrity of Calder
wizard_of_odds is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-24-2011, 01:44 PM   #65
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charli125

I don't get the uproar.
They are not offering any racing tight now, and now they want to limit the availability of horses at other tracks. I don't care if it is the norm, it doesn't help the players, it hurts them by limiting the number of horse available to run.
They are allowing ships to Tampa but not GP - that is clearly an attack on GP, so I say, GP, kill them little basterds. If we are going to have track wars, let's back the big boys and dump the little crap tracks like Calder. Let's see how they do if they go head to head with GP.

Last edited by Tom; 02-24-2011 at 01:45 PM.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-24-2011, 01:58 PM   #66
tubesockshakur

Quote:

where is this from.....N.Y
tubesockshakur is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-24-2011, 03:07 PM   #67
CryingForTheHorses
In Front

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
They are not offering any racing tight now, and now they want to limit the availability of horses at other tracks. I don't care if it is the norm, it doesn't help the players, it hurts them by limiting the number of horse available to run.
They are allowing ships to Tampa but not GP - that is clearly an attack on GP, so I say, GP, kill them little basterds. If we are going to have track wars, let's back the big boys and dump the little crap tracks like Calder. Let's see how they do if they go head to head with GP.
No they are not offering racing right now..Spending almost 6 million a year to house the horseman. I think they have a right to counterattack. Tampa has never tried to hurt Calder so why include them.
CryingForTheHorses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-24-2011, 03:11 PM   #68
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Uppity tracks need to be put in their place. GP does stuff that helps players. Calder doesn't. Let GP run any dates they want and see who survives.

I may even lift my boycott of GP to show support for them.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:25 PM   #69
CryingForTheHorses
In Front

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Uppity tracks need to be put in their place. GP does stuff that helps players. Calder doesn't. Let GP run any dates they want and see who survives.

I may even lift my boycott of GP to show support for them.
Uppity tracks??..I guess GP takes the cake.They are the ones that started this whole thing..Your boycott of GP doesnt sound so sincere the way you are defending them.How does GP help players?..Players help themselves on the way they want to bet.I have heard MANY negative comments about GP this and GP that.That doesnt sound like helping to me.Just because your the "Monkey man" doesnt mean your right.
CryingForTheHorses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-24-2011, 05:26 PM   #70
onefast99

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSchell_Racing
No they are not offering racing right now..Spending almost 6 million a year to house the horseman. I think they have a right to counterattack. Tampa has never tried to hurt Calder so why include them.
They choose to pay the stabling costs that doesn't entitle them to dictate where a horse can race or not race, they have a right to tell the horseman you cannot race at GP if and when they are racing on the same exact days as Calder. If you allow them to dictate where and when you can race a horse eventually the owners will place their horses with trainers that won't stand for this nonsense.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:33 PM   #71
onefast99

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSchell_Racing
Uppity tracks??..I guess GP takes the cake.They are the ones that started this whole thing..Your boycott of GP doesnt sound so sincere the way you are defending them.How does GP help players?..Players help themselves on the way they want to bet.I have heard MANY negative comments about GP this and GP that.That doesnt sound like helping to me.Just because your the "Monkey man" doesnt mean your right.
Calder will do what it thinks is right to keep their product to themselves, no one has an issue with that, the issue is that there is no head to head competition with GP at this moment and Calder acted prematurely and created hysteria amongst the Calder horseman. If you think for one second Calder did the right thing then you did drink the kool-aid.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:59 PM   #72
Southieboy

Gulfstream to apply for year-round racing

Gulfstream Park announced Thursday that it intends to apply for year-round racing, beginning July 1 and continuing through June 30, 2012.

Frank Stronach, chairman and CEO of MI Developments, was at Gulfstream on Thursday to announce the planned year-round schedule. He also said that Gulfstream will construct 500 additional stalls to accommodate horsemen that wish to stable at the track year-round.

“In the final analysis, horsemen will pick their spot, stable and race at the track at which they feel more comfortable,” Stronach said.

http://www.drf.com/news/gulfstream-a...r-round-racing
Southieboy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-24-2011, 06:24 PM   #73
grimm7

Race tracks wars Florida style. Both have lost there minds. If they can't come to some sensable solution let them both go under. The racing game does everything to hurts itself.
grimm7 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-24-2011, 06:45 PM   #74
karlskorner

From out of the blue

From the Miami Herald today "Hialeah Park blames other race tracks for its finiancial problems".

Hialeah Park blames a "conspiracy" involvinig Flager Dog Track and Calder Race Course. Hialeah Park wants the two competitors to pay "millions" of dollars in damages for violating the state's Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act. Suit alleges Calder used backrooom deal-making against Hialeah Park.

Hialeah Park denies its new suit is retribution flor Calder and Flager's attempts to keep Hialeah from obaining slots.

Should be an interesting summer.
karlskorner is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-24-2011, 06:53 PM   #75
onefast99

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimm7
Race tracks wars Florida style. Both have lost there minds. If they can't come to some sensable solution let them both go under. The racing game does everything to hurts itself.
Stronach won't lose.