Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 07-20-2021, 11:49 PM   #1
thaskalos

GIANNIS...GIANNIS!

The Greek Freak was too much for the Suns to handle!
Old 07-21-2021, 05:45 AM   #2
CheckMark

Congrats to the Bucks as they win their 1st title since 1971!

Giannis scored 50 points last night too which is amazing to see for a young man (26 years old)
Old 07-21-2021, 11:05 AM   #3
46zilzal
velocitician

Played very well BUT, unlike the clown calling the game, IT WAS NOT THE GREATEST effort in NBA championship history.

He he clueless about fellows Khareem, Larry Bird, Russell, Magic, and of course two fellows named Jordan and Lebron James.
Old 07-21-2021, 11:50 AM   #4
CheckMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post
Played very well BUT, unlike the clown calling the game, IT WAS NOT THE GREATEST effort in NBA championship history.

He he clueless about fellows Khareem, Larry Bird, Russell, Magic, and of course two fellows named Jordan and Lebron James.
Game Commentators: Mike Breen, Jeff Van Gundy, Mark Jackson, Malika Andrews

Which one above? I believe what you said just wanted to know Thanks
Old 07-21-2021, 01:01 PM   #5
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post

That is subject to debate. If you just focus on the 6 games where guys scored 50+ it is hard to argue against Giannis being the greatest. He had the highest FG % of all of them. The highest scorer on the list, Elgin Baylor shot under 50%, as did Rick Barry. He shot 89% from the line, not far from Lebron's 91%. 3rd in rebounds with 14, Jordan and James only had 8. He blocked 5 shots, Jordan and James had 0 and 1. The other 3 guys played when blocks were not recorded, but I doubt they had close to 5.

Of course with the ever changing rules and how they are enforced in both the NBA and NFL it is difficult to compare players from different eras.

How would Giannis hold up if an opposing team threw the Jordan Rules at him?
I remember once after a play-off game against the Pistons, Jordan was being interviewed after a loss and he had numerous welts on his head. If you applied today's NBA officiating to the late 80's Pistons they would have had to forfeit due to not having 5 guys left by the end of the game because of ejects for multiple flagrant fouls.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-22-2021, 06:22 PM   #6
stuball

Hmmmmm

goat
stuball is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-22-2021, 07:33 PM   #7
Inner Dirt

I really think Giannis should be up for GOAT NBA finals MVP. No bias, I am a 60 year old Detroit Piston fan, and usually do not agree when they say a recent player is a GOAT. I could not argue much with anyone saying that was the best NBA finals series performance by anyone. The over 60% shooting for the series sells me.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply