Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-18-2018, 05:20 AM   #886
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro
Why The IG Report Undermines Mueller’s Obstruction Investigation
Some decent points. But I think pure conjecture about Mueller.

Mueller has a body of evidence based on completely other things. And actions of other people.

I generally like Turley, but he is an outlier on this topic.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-18-2018, 07:29 AM   #887
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
WaPo: Stone Met During Campaign With Russian National Offering Clinton Dirt

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewi...g-clinton-dirt

Despite his past claims to the contrary, Trump confidant Roger Stone did in fact meet with a Russian national during the 2016 presidential campaign, the Washington Post reported Sunday.
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewi...eeting-russian

Now it appears Roger failed to tell congressional investigators about his meeting with a Russian official during the 2016 campaign because “I just didn’t remember.”

Stone said he “never discussed” his meeting with Henry Greenberg — who asked Stone for $2 million in exchange for damaging information on Hillary Clinton — with Trump or anyone in the campaign, despite having exchanged texts with Trump communications staffer Michael Caputo about the meeting

Roger, over and out, Roger.
Old 06-18-2018, 07:59 AM   #888
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro
Why The IG Report Undermines Mueller’s Obstruction Investigation
Turley did not cover this......

“A Deep and Visceral Hatred”, The Timeline

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog...d-the-timeline

..... abundant evidence from the DOJ Inspector General’s report, Rep. Devin Nunes and other sources of clear anti-Clinton animus on the part of senior FBI Agents in the New York FBI Field Office and among retired agents with whom they were apparently in contact. It seems clear that members of that office leaked word of Clinton emails on Anthony Weiner’s laptop more or less immediately to Capitol Hill Republicans and at least one top Trump campaign surrogate, Rudy Giuliani, to create pressure to reopen the Clinton probe.

It further seems clear that fear of such leaks was a major or even the primary reason why James Comey sent his letter to Congress on October 28th, 2016. In other words, there was not just bias – Comey himself reportedly called it a “deep and visceral hatred of Secretary Clinton”. That bias lead to specific and repeated actions which at least violated FBI regulations and possibly violated the law. Those violations triggered a chain of events which likely changed the outcome of the election. That is a very big deal. And yet, these basic facts, which seem all but beyond dispute receive no clear examination in the IG Report.

Another conspiracy theory? Maybe not.

I remember Rudy coming on Fox before the election and bragging about "big surprises"

https://www.usabreakingnews.net/2018...investigation/

Rudolph W. Giuliani was dying to show the country that he remained in the loop. “I mean, I’m talking about some pretty big surprises,” he said on Fox News on Oct. 26, 2016. On an earlier Fox News program, he said, “I do think that all of these revelations about Hillary Clinton finally are beginning to have an impact. He’s got a surprise or two that you’re going to hear about in the next two days.” On Oct. 28, 2016, then-FBI Director James B. Comey signaled that he was reopening the investigation into Hillary Clinton’s emails — a momentous event that may have handed the presidency to Donald Trump and is the subject of much chatter on Comey’s ongoing tour for his new book. After Comey took that fateful step — and the entire newsphere went bonkers — Giuliani returned to Fox News for on Nov. 4 something of a victory lap. “I had expected this for the last — honestly, tell you the truth, I thought it was..
Old 06-18-2018, 08:08 AM   #889
tucker6

Quote:
I generally like Turley, but since he doesn't agree with me, he is an outlier on this topic.
fify
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-18-2018, 08:25 AM   #890
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
fify
More fact-free commentary. I repeat
Quote:
Mueller has a body of evidence based on completely other things. And actions of other people.
I just posted about Roger, Roger.
Need I remind you of Paul Manafort,
Pappadopolus and
General Flyn?

Turley fails in the larger context. Turley does not cover these goniffs in explaining "Why The IG Report Undermines Mueller’s Obstruction Investigation"
Old 06-18-2018, 07:40 PM   #891
FantasticDan
gelding

FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-18-2018, 09:51 PM   #892
woodtoo

Youse guys must work for Mueller. Oh I know interns.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-19-2018, 02:40 AM   #893
davew

Quote:
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewi...eeting-russian

Now it appears Roger failed to tell congressional investigators about his meeting with a Russian official during the 2016 campaign because “I just didn’t remember.”

Stone said he “never discussed” his meeting with Henry Greenberg — who asked Stone for $2 million in exchange for damaging information on Hillary Clinton — with Trump or anyone in the campaign, despite having exchanged texts with Trump communications staffer Michael Caputo about the meeting

Roger, over and out, Roger.

and this spy made their approach even BEFORE the 'official' FBI investigation began.....
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-19-2018, 03:19 AM   #894
OntheRail

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
and this spy made their approach even BEFORE the 'official' FBI investigation began.....
Now Now... The Spy claimed he stopped being a FBI Spy in 2013.
We can fully believe him cause he was a trustworthy FBI Spy. He was doing this for shits and giggle..
Old 06-19-2018, 08:52 AM   #895
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntheRail View Post
Now Now... The Spy claimed he stopped being a FBI Spy in 2013.
We can fully believe him cause he was a trustworthy FBI Spy. He was doing this for shits and giggle..
So who did he start working for? Clapper of Brennan?
Old 06-23-2018, 03:59 AM   #896
hcap

Trump Allies' Plan to Lift Russian Sanctions Was Hatched Early in the 2016 Campaign:

Mueller is reportedly scrutinizing the plan and the involvement of Trump's associates in promoting it.

https://www.alternet.org/news-amp-po...ampaign-report

A new report from McClatchy reveals that a plan President Donald Trump's allies worked on that would have ceded Crimea to Russia and lifted key sanctions against the country was developed much earlier than has previously reported — in the beginning days of 2016.

This places the origination of the plan during the opening stage of Trump's run for the presidency, before he clinched the nomination and before there were any revelations about Russia's attempts to interfere in the election and support Trump's candidacy.

Can anyone spell
Quid pro quo?

I think it's time to give a rat's ass.

Last edited by hcap; 06-23-2018 at 04:00 AM.
Old 06-23-2018, 04:03 AM   #897
davew

Quote:
Turley did not cover this......

“A Deep and Visceral Hatred”, The Timeline

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog...d-the-timeline

..... abundant evidence from the DOJ Inspector General’s report, Rep. Devin Nunes and other sources of clear anti-Clinton animus on the part of senior FBI Agents in the New York FBI Field Office and among retired agents with whom they were apparently in contact. It seems clear that members of that office leaked word of Clinton emails on Anthony Weiner’s laptop more or less immediately to Capitol Hill Republicans and at least one top Trump campaign surrogate, Rudy Giuliani, to create pressure to reopen the Clinton probe.

It further seems clear that fear of such leaks was a major or even the primary reason why James Comey sent his letter to Congress on October 28th, 2016. In other words, there was not just bias – Comey himself reportedly called it a “deep and visceral hatred of Secretary Clinton”. That bias lead to specific and repeated actions which at least violated FBI regulations and possibly violated the law. Those violations triggered a chain of events which likely changed the outcome of the election. That is a very big deal. And yet, these basic facts, which seem all but beyond dispute receive no clear examination in the IG Report.

Another conspiracy theory? Maybe not.

I remember Rudy coming on Fox before the election and bragging about "big surprises"

https://www.usabreakingnews.net/2018...investigation/

Rudolph W. Giuliani was dying to show the country that he remained in the loop. “I mean, I’m talking about some pretty big surprises,” he said on Fox News on Oct. 26, 2016. On an earlier Fox News program, he said, “I do think that all of these revelations about Hillary Clinton finally are beginning to have an impact. He’s got a surprise or two that you’re going to hear about in the next two days.” On Oct. 28, 2016, then-FBI Director James B. Comey signaled that he was reopening the investigation into Hillary Clinton’s emails — a momentous event that may have handed the presidency to Donald Trump and is the subject of much chatter on Comey’s ongoing tour for his new book. After Comey took that fateful step — and the entire newsphere went bonkers — Giuliani returned to Fox News for on Nov. 4 something of a victory lap. “I had expected this for the last — honestly, tell you the truth, I thought it was..
It is a good thing the Clintons never went to trial - there is no double jeopardy and still eligible for prosecution...
Old 06-26-2018, 09:20 AM   #898
hcap

Overheard at the DSCC retreat on Martha’s Vineyard
https://www.politico.com/newsletters...ineyard-281247

...SEN. MARK WARNER (D-Va.) hosted a dinner Friday night for more than 100 guests at his house on Martha’s Vineyard as part of the DSCC’S annual Majority Trust retreat. OVERHEARD: Warner, the vice chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, joking to the crowd: “If you get me one more glass of wine, I’ll tell you stuff only Bob Mueller and I know. If you think you’ve seen wild stuff so far, buckle up. It’s going to be a wild couple of months.”

https://www.salon.com/2018/06/26/don...-donald-trump/

...Nobody's sure exactly what Warner was hinting at, and he says he was just joking. But there have been a number of clues over the past couple of weeks that the investigation is picking up speed.

Mueller has called in some new prosecutors, reportedly to spin off the part of the investigation pertaining to the Russian firms he previously indicted. It's unclear why he decided to do that, although informed speculation says he's either punting on that case, since there's no hope of extraditing the accused, or simply freeing up some of his more seasoned prosecutors to concentrate on the more important cases.

......Trump's former campaign manager, Paul Manafort, is now sitting in jail contemplating his future while his lawyers present a flurry of different arguments to spring him, none of which have been successful so far. Trump's former lawyer, Michael Cohen, is reportedly getting ready to cooperate with the feds in his case in New York, and Mueller is said to be eyeing his involvement very closely. Erik Prince, the former Blackwater CEO who seems to have turned up in numerous meetings with Russians and Middle Eastern potentates offering "back channels" during the presidential campaign, told the press that he's "cooperating" with the Mueller probe and has turned over his phone and computer to investigators. (Most legal analysts seem to be skeptical of Prince's sincerity, which isn't surprising.)

Trump's old friend Roger Stone is reportedly in Mueller's crosshairs and is considered most likely to be the next person indicted. (This piece by Mary Wheeler explains just how much trouble Stone may be in, and how his case is a likely template for others.)

Only a matter of time
Old 06-26-2018, 09:54 AM   #899
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
I’ll tell you stuff only Bob Mueller and I know. If you think you’ve seen wild stuff so far, buckle up. It’s going to be a wild couple of months.”
There you go - just lost all of his credibility.
Looks we might have uncovered at least one of the leaks.
Old 06-26-2018, 09:56 AM   #900
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Overheard in the real world..."What is hcap's problem? Doesn't he know no one cares?"