Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-22-2020, 06:20 AM   #31
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post
This is all assuming that the vaccine can be in widespread use within a year AN no new problems arise.

I, for one, would NOT take the Pfizer variety with its severe temperature storage requirements...Drugs degrade at higher temperatures anyway.

There simply are not enough venues with that kind of extreme cold storage out there today
There was a story on tv the other day with a cold storage company that has been increasing capacity since spring for this very event. Smarter people than us has already thought of these things.
tucker6 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-22-2020, 06:31 AM   #32
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
There was a story on tv the other day with a cold storage company that has been increasing capacity since spring for this very event. Smarter people than us has already thought of these things.
Just as mass distribution logistics are difficult for the vaccine, so is mass distribution of
extreme cold refrigeration units.

So difficult, the Biden administration should be given all the info to complete mass distribution of both.
Old 11-22-2020, 11:11 AM   #33
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Just as mass distribution logistics are difficult for the vaccine, so is mass distribution of
extreme cold refrigeration units.

So difficult, the Biden administration should be given all the info to complete mass distribution of both.
You know so little about the world Harry, and I say that with all due disrespect. You haven't a clue how ingenious people really are when they have to be or if the profit is great enough. Cold storage facilities can be built in months, not years if need be. Hell, in WWII, the USA was launching a new warship every three days near the end of the war.
Old 11-22-2020, 01:53 PM   #34
ElKabong

Quote:
How many times did you do the same to me? You started in with "cupcake" routine way before I settled on Hayseed.

Hit a nerve Kabong? About your willful ignorance?
You're a fart in the wind, old man. Nothing you could say would hit a nerve

Go back under your bed. The world is too big for you to deal with
ElKabong is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-22-2020, 02:21 PM   #35
hcap

Quote:
You know so little about the world Harry, and I say that with all due disrespect. You haven't a clue how ingenious people really are when they have to be or if the profit is great enough. Cold storage facilities can be built in months, not years if need be. Hell, in WWII, the USA was launching a new warship every three days near the end of the war.
I am well aware of what we can do. I called for a "Manhattan Project" or an "Apollo moon shot type program early on in the pandemic to deal with the virus.

But in order to mobilize the "troops" the Defense Production Act needed to be implemented fully. Your inept moron never did that. And now he won't cooperate with the Biden transition team to make things like extreme cold refrigeration units available that much quicker. Quicker than his golf playing twitter babbling presidential dodging ineptness, is not doing.

Stop spending hours watching Fox, concede and help the president elect.

Last edited by hcap; 11-22-2020 at 02:22 PM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-22-2020, 02:28 PM   #36
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
You're a fart in the wind, old man. Nothing you could say would hit a nerve

Go back under your bed. The world is too big for you to deal with
I did hit a nerve. Your wowefully ignorant world view.

You are a climate denier
Pandemic denier and
an election denier

Maybe you will snap out of your stupor 1/20/2021 ?
Old 11-22-2020, 02:30 PM   #37
boxcar

Quote:
I am well aware of what we can do. I called for a "Manhattan Project" or an "Apollo moon shot type program early on in the pandemic to deal with the virus.

But in order to mobilize the "troops" the Defense Production Act needed to be implemented fully. Your inept moron never did that. And now he won't cooperate with the Biden transition team to make things like extreme cold refrigeration units available that much quicker. Quicker than his golf playing twitter babbling presidential dodging ineptness, is not doing.

How can Trump cooperate with a fictional entity? Legally, BiteMe is not the president-elect; therefore, there can be no "transition team". Just for you info...
Old 11-22-2020, 02:35 PM   #38
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
How can Trump cooperate with a fictional entity? Legally, BiteMe is not the president-elect; therefore, there can be no "transition team". Just for you info...
I will miss being amazed by your abject ignorance and stupidity when you are gone.

Oh well, guess that will fade as you will.
Old 11-22-2020, 03:51 PM   #39
tucker6

Quote:

Cold storage has already been done. There’s nothing for Biden to do
Old 11-22-2020, 07:16 PM   #40
hcap

Quote:
Cold storage has already been done. There’s nothing for Biden to do
It has to been mass distributed as the vaccines. For the Pfizer vaccine, both must be done in coordination. Pay attention

Ever run a mass production/assembly line? Try it and you would realize proper supervision often interweaves different chains of multiple parts. Sometimes "just in time"

A management strategy that aligns raw-material orders from suppliers directly with production schedules.

You remind me of my friend boxcar who told me he could be an architect without studying architecture, simply because he and his wife designed their kitchen. Telling me with 10+ years of high end kitchen design, engineering and fabrication, exactly how it should be done.

Last edited by hcap; 11-22-2020 at 07:21 PM.
Old 11-22-2020, 07:33 PM   #41
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
Pfizer's vaccine candidate was reported to have generated antibodies in 90% of those receiving a full dose during clinical trials. If all goes well, Pfizer's vaccine candidate is expected to be approved first. It requires two shots 21 days apart and minus 90 deg F cold storage.

Keep in mind that Pfizer isn't the only company with a vaccine candidate reported to have been effective in late stage trials.

Moderna has a vaccine candidate reported to generate antibodies in 94.5% of those who received a dose and does not require special cold storage units. (One shot gets you a full dose and a regular freezer will do.)

Although further down the road, Johnson & Johnson has a vaccine candidate reported to have shown promise during trials. I've read analyst reports saying that upon approval - Johnson & Johnson has the advantage of being better positioned to quickly ramp up production to scale so as to meet demand.

I fully expect there will be several approved vaccines in the coming months.

If that's the case, massive spending/ramp up of minus 90 deg F cold storage units could turn out to be shortsighted.

-jp

Old 11-23-2020, 04:03 AM   #42
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff P View Post
Pfizer's vaccine candidate was reported to have generated antibodies in 90% of those receiving a full dose during clinical trials. If all goes well, Pfizer's vaccine candidate is expected to be approved first. It requires two shots 21 days apart and minus 90 deg F cold storage.

Keep in mind that Pfizer isn't the only company with a vaccine candidate reported to have been effective in late stage trials.

Moderna has a vaccine candidate reported to generate antibodies in 94.5% of those who received a dose and does not require special cold storage units. (One shot gets you a full dose and a regular freezer will do.)

Although further down the road, Johnson & Johnson has a vaccine candidate reported to have shown promise during trials. I've read analyst reports saying that upon approval - Johnson & Johnson has the advantage of being better positioned to quickly ramp up production to scale so as to meet demand.

I fully expect there will be several approved vaccines in the coming months.

If that's the case, massive spending/ramp up of minus 90 deg F cold storage units could turn out to be shortsighted.

-jp

I agree. Not only is a massive super fast distribution of any vaccine unprecedented, the coordination of the also massive distribution of extreme cold units for the Pfizer drug makes that approach a good deal tougher than the others.

Maybe a "shotgun" approach preparing and organizing all, should be tried.
The Biden team should be provided with all the nuts and bolts to enact that.
After all, it will be done under his watch.

Last edited by hcap; 11-23-2020 at 04:05 AM.
Old 11-23-2020, 06:11 AM   #43
tucker6

Quote:
It has to been mass distributed as the vaccines. For the Pfizer vaccine, both must be done in coordination. Pay attention

Ever run a mass production/assembly line? Try it and you would realize proper supervision often interweaves different chains of multiple parts. Sometimes "just in time"

A management strategy that aligns raw-material orders from suppliers directly with production schedules.

You remind me of my friend boxcar who told me he could be an architect without studying architecture, simply because he and his wife designed their kitchen. Telling me with 10+ years of high end kitchen design, engineering and fabrication, exactly how it should be done.

I’ve not only managed mass production/assembly of industrial equipment, but I also am intimately involved in industrial cold storage and refrigeration. So your question was again? The beauty of the internet is that we are all anonymous for good or bad. None of us knows the talents and backgrounds of each other. Your answers are out of a book and without experience.
Old 11-23-2020, 06:14 AM   #44
tucker6

Quote:
I agree. Not only is a massive super fast distribution of any vaccine unprecedented, the coordination of the also massive distribution of extreme cold units for the Pfizer drug makes that approach a good deal tougher than the others.

Maybe a "shotgun" approach preparing and organizing all, should be tried.
The Biden team should be provided with all the nuts and bolts to enact that.
After all, it will be done under his watch.
Biden and friends want to defund the police and hug criminals. I wouldn’t trust him with anything remotely important. I have zero respect for the man.
Old 11-23-2020, 07:09 AM   #45
46zilzal
velocitician

Morbidity

Some time back I noted that during a large viral infectious episode, NO ONE really knows its long term outcome until it is nearly over. and retrospective studies can discover many of them. The 1918 flu for example, with still new cases showing up in 1920 was such a case. Some analyses have shown that that virus to be particularly deadly because it triggered a cytokine storm, which ravages the stronger immune system of young adults.

Last night on 60 Minutes, LONG HAULERS were in the spotlight: people who had mild cases of the acute Covid 19 infection, but still had major symptoms from that infection months after the fact. Mt Sinai Hospital in New York City even has a follow up clinic to try and elucidate the mechanism behind this phenomenon. Even the medical director of the clinic was a Long Hauler. As of yet they can only support the patients as NO specific therapy has been established. MOST of the patients there were younger as well.

It is well established that many viruses are associated with encephalitis (measles), autoimmune paralysis (Guillain Barre syndrome), flaccid paralysis (poliomyelitis), mumps (aseptic meningitis), encephalitis lethargica (sequella of the 1918 pandemic) etc. and others documented here: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2428896/

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: