Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-10-2020, 06:51 PM   #76
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryBoyle View Post
So I take it you concede and rescind your earlier claim. Thanks.
No. I said that nobody here has claimed to be super intelligent. It's only you who has claimed such an absurdity of other people. I'll leave it at that.
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-10-2020, 06:56 PM   #77
JerryBoyle
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
No. I said that nobody here has claimed to be super intelligent. It's only you who has claimed such an absurdity of other people. I'll leave it at that.
Welllll, given that intelligence is relative, calling enough people dumb implies it. I'll call it a "qualified" concession. Glad we can move on.
JerryBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-10-2020, 07:01 PM   #78
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
Yes, the nerve of anyone asking if mail-in voting might lead to abuse.

The following story about election fraud in the U.K was published by The Guardian more than 15 years ago --

The Guardian | by Sandra Laville | Mon 4 Apr 2005 20.06 EDT
Warehouse was electoral fraud factory:
https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ocalgovernment

Quote:
The judge identified 15 types of fraud which included thousands of votes in favour of Labour where the signature of the purported voter differed from that on the application for a postal vote, and the wholesale theft of ballot papers.

Corrupt postmen had handed over sacks of postal ballots to Labour candidates, little boys had been paid to steal postal ballots from letterboxes and bags full of postal votes had arrived late at the count, to be included without question in the poll.

No group - from the Labour party in Birmingham, to the candidates, the returning officer, the police and the government - escaped criticism from the deputy high court judge in his 192-page report on wholesale corruption at the local elections last June.

The Birmingham elections office, which had been overwhelmed when applications for postal votes soared from 28,000 to 70,000, had "thrown out the rule book", the judge said.

Bags of postal votes, which were clearly identifiable, were wheeled through the streets in sacks by temporary staff or carted to the count in plastic bags dumped in the boot of a car. "Postal votes were regarded as different from personal votes and less worthy of strict control."

Although the police received many complaints of fraud in the run-up to the election, their "attitude... could at the kindest be described as one of Olympian detachment". The name they gave the investigation of complaints - Operation Gripe - indicated better than anything else their view that the whole business was a waste of their time and that the complainants were a tiresome nuisance, he said.

When the election results came, they were little short of astounding, the judge concluded.

Turnout in Bordesley Green had risen by over 100%, in Aston by 350%, and there had been a huge swing to Labour. "Predominantly Muslim wards where feelings about the Iraq war still ran high had swung massively in favour of the political party seen to be responsible for that war.

"Marginal, particularly Asian wards were the target of postal vote fraud. Bordesley Green and Aston were not isolated incidents but were part of a Birmingham-wide campaign by the Labour party to try, by the use of postal votes, to counter the adverse effect of the Iraq war on its electoral fortunes."

Six councillors - Mohammed Islam, Muhammed Afzal, Mohammed Kazi, Shah Jahan, Shafaq Ahmed and Ayaz Khan - deny any involvement in fraud.

But there are implications for the general election. Mr Mawrey said: "It would be surprising if similar incidents did not occur in future elections in such areas."

-jp

Last edited by Jeff P; 11-10-2020 at 07:08 PM.
Jeff P is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-10-2020, 07:03 PM   #79
JerryBoyle
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff P View Post
Yes, the nerve of anyone asking if mail-in voting might lead to abuse.

The following story about election fraud in the U.K was published by The Guardian more than 15 years ago --

The Guardian | by Sandra Laville | Mon 4 Apr 2005 20.06 EDT
Warehouse was electoral fraud factory:
https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ocalgovernment

-jp

Guess it's good we're not in the UK. Come on, the response to this is pretty disingenuous. You guys keep acting as if it's a simple "questioning". Trump has already called it complete fraud. His base has called it complete fraud. PA has called it complete fraud. You're not "asking if mail-in voting might lead to abuse". You're assuming it does and looking for evidence after the fact. How does this not concern anyone?
JerryBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-10-2020, 07:12 PM   #80
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
No.

Quite literally, I (as in me personally) am asking if mail-in voting might lead to abuse.

-jp

Old 11-10-2020, 07:18 PM   #81
thaskalos

Quote:
Guess it's good we're not in the UK. Come on, the response to this is pretty disingenuous. You guys keep acting as if it's a simple "questioning". Trump has already called it complete fraud. His base has called it complete fraud. PA has called it complete fraud. You're not "asking if mail-in voting might lead to abuse". You're assuming it does and looking for evidence after the fact. How does this not concern anyone?
The stage was set even BEFORE the election. The sentiment among the Trump faithful was that Trump could only lose in a fraudulent election. It never occurred to them that Trump might lose on the square.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-10-2020, 07:32 PM   #82
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
The stage was set even BEFORE the election. The sentiment among the Trump faithful was that Trump could only lose in a fraudulent election. It never occurred to them that Trump might lose on the square.
Witness:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
BTW, I believe beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if this election were indeed, for the most part, fraud free, Trump would have been declared the next POTUS sometime in the wee hours of Wednesday morning.

Period.

End of story.

The only way he loses this election is outright FRAUD.
Old 11-10-2020, 07:32 PM   #83
chrisl

Quote:
Where are you getting your information. So did you poll a bunch of Trump supporters and they stated that "Trump could not lose on the square"
You must have some sort of proof that many people stated this, to make your statement true. You spoke for the sentiment of Trump supporters. I am just curious how many Trump supporters you spoke to. This either is your opinion, or you made shit up again. Proof please
chrisl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-10-2020, 07:33 PM   #84
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff P View Post
No.

Quite literally, I (as in me personally) am asking if mail-in voting might lead to abuse.

-jp

how could it when thousands (millions?) of ballots are sent to a voting list that is not current?
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-10-2020, 08:36 PM   #85
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
I was calling it complete fraud before it ever happened.

So I win.
Old 11-10-2020, 08:37 PM   #86
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
Witness:
Been saying it for a long, long time.

They've all been fixed for quite some time.

Even 2016. lulz
Old 11-10-2020, 09:01 PM   #87
MargieRose

A new website - put up today (click on the logo to view):

2020 General Election

Quote:
We believe that every legal vote in the 2020 US election should be counted. However, fraudulent votes hurt everyone. EveryLegalVote is a data driven approach to highlighting fraud in the 2020 US election and preserving the integrity of our electoral process.
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-10-2020, 09:07 PM   #88
chrisl

The same posters on here that spent day after day, post after post, claiming Trump rigged the election with Russia. These same people are saying now that it does not exist during this election. Amazing
chrisl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-10-2020, 09:51 PM   #89
myohmyjustify

Quote:
The only thing you said that had any merit is "The stage was set...".

Imagine how stupid the people of Pennsylvania felt when they took their sentiment to bed on Election Night knowing President Trump had over a 700,000 vote lead and then come morning, poof, Joe Biden is now ahead!!

On the square even. What a joke.
myohmyjustify is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-10-2020, 09:56 PM   #90
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by myohmyjustify View Post
The only thing you said that had any merit is "The stage was set...".

Imagine how stupid the people of Pennsylvania felt when they took their sentiment to bed on Election Night knowing President Trump had over a 700,000 vote lead and then come morning, poof, Joe Biden is now ahead!!

On the square even. What a joke.
Nonsense! Biden didn't take the lead in Pennsylvania until early Friday.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply