Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 01-09-2017, 06:54 PM   #16
SuperPickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
There was pretty crazy betting in that race. Unique Bella was 1 to 9 for a while and remained the heavy favorite for a long time, but Shane's Girlfriend actually wound up going off the favorite at 4-5 while Bella drifted to even money.
Did you see the final hit?

Second to last flash she's 3/5 and Shane's Girlfriend 3/2. Final odds flipped to even and 4/5. That's serious money. Serious wrong money.
SuperPickle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2017, 06:57 PM   #17
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPickle

Second to last flash she's 3/5 and Shane's Girlfriend 3/2. Final odds flipped to even and 4/5. That's serious money. Serious wrong money.

Cratos?
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2017, 07:19 PM   #18
Track Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME

So I misread your post, thought you meant the opposite. My fault.

OK, so they are just like NY lately with the massive unusual money being mostly right....(pushing ML's down a lot).
There is no logic in the late money being more accurate than money bet any other time.
Old 01-09-2017, 07:57 PM   #19
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track Phantom
There is no logic in the late money being more accurate than money bet any other time.

In NY, they open short (horse that sometimes shouldn't and sometimes should as sharp guy horses), they get bet throughout and they fire like crazy.

Was wondering if it's the same out there. I was watching the board yesterday out there and every horse that should be bet but wasn't was dead in the running. Keep in mind, that's 1 day out of a zillion.
Old 01-09-2017, 08:08 PM   #20
classhandicapper

Quote:
They have it for Bel and Sar but not for AQU, am I right? Thanks in advance also Class!
That sounds right, but I'm not 100% sure. I believe it's for GP right now. I looked at it for a few weeks last year and thought it was useful, but there are only so many hours in a day for handicapping. I play so few maiden races with a lot of FTS, it was less useful to my game than it might be for other handicappers.
Old 01-09-2017, 08:10 PM   #21
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPickle

I'm just glad the price was too low for me to get involved because if I bet her and she dropped that hard on the last flash I would have been quite upset given she lost.
Old 01-09-2017, 08:16 PM   #22
classhandicapper

Quote:
In NY, they open short (horse that sometimes shouldn't and sometimes should as sharp guy horses), they get bet throughout and they fire like crazy.

Was wondering if it's the same out there. I was watching the board yesterday out there and every horse that should be bet but wasn't was dead in the running. Keep in mind, that's 1 day out of a zillion.
The timing of the betting is an interesting phenomenon. I have a friend that's a serious trainer handicapper. He keeps all kinds of stats on trainers and owners that no one publishes. I know for sure he used to track early and late money by trainer and owner. He once told me he found consistent patterns that he's been able to use to supplement his own handicapping.
Old 01-09-2017, 08:18 PM   #23
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper
The timing of the betting is an interesting phenomenon. I have a friend that's a serious trainer handicapper. He keeps all kinds of stats on trainers and owners that no one publishes. I know for sure he used to track early and late money by trainer and owner. He once told me he found consistent patterns that he's been able to use to supplement his own handicapping.
Good stuff Class and friend. The more one knows that almost no one else knows, the bettor/better
Old 01-09-2017, 09:35 PM   #24
cato
Irrationally exuberant

Mr. Phantom (and anyone else) - have you reviewed Bruno's workout reports and if so how do you think they compare to the three you mentioned?

Thanks
cato is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-10-2017, 09:19 AM   #25
menifee

Anyone notice that the Beyer on the race came up light? Timeform had it as a much stronger race. Visually, she looked really impressive.

I thought Shane's Girlfriend was the real value in the race when I saw 3-1. So did a whale apparently. I never learn my lesson about Delta form.
menifee is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-10-2017, 12:37 PM   #26
NTamm1215

Quote:
Originally Posted by menifee
Anyone notice that the Beyer on the race came up light? Timeform had it as a much stronger race. Visually, she looked really impressive.

I thought Shane's Girlfriend was the real value in the race when I saw 3-1. So did a whale apparently. I never learn my lesson about Delta form.
The final time was nothing special when you stack it up with the sprints run right before and right after. That's why the Beyer is light, but it's a good starting point for her 3YO campaign.

For that matter, I'd like Mike Smith to commit to giving some of the fillies he coddles down the stretch the Arrogate Travers treatment and actually ask them to the wire. The public is seduced by "in hand" wins, but being tested/pushed once in a while is a good thing.
NTamm1215 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-10-2017, 02:34 PM   #27
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTamm1215
The final time was nothing special when you stack it up with the sprints run right before and right after. That's why the Beyer is light, but it's a good starting point for her 3YO campaign.

For that matter, I'd like Mike Smith to commit to giving some of the fillies he coddles down the stretch the Arrogate Travers treatment and actually ask them to the wire. The public is seduced by "in hand" wins, but being tested/pushed once in a while is a good thing.
I'm not even sure the figure for her matters much based on what I saw. The horses behind her weren't anything special, but they were better than typical maiden graduates. Unless someone new emerges in that division or one of the other fillies improves sharply she may not get asked for her best until she meets her older stablemate. That's a weak looking division. Speaking of Songbird, she probably would have benefited from being more battle seasoned when she hooked up with Beholder. They sometimes need one really tough stretch drive before they are ready for that kind of challenge. She could be tougher this year.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 01-10-2017 at 02:46 PM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-10-2017, 03:32 PM   #28
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper
I'm not even sure the figure for her matters much based on what I saw. The horses behind her weren't anything special, but they were better than typical maiden graduates. Unless someone new emerges in that division or one of the other fillies improves sharply she may not get asked for her best until she meets her older stablemate. That's a weak looking division. Speaking of Songbird, she probably would have benefited from being more battle seasoned when she hooked up with Beholder. They sometimes need one really tough stretch drive before they are ready for that kind of challenge. She could be tougher this year.
The figure always matters for proper context, and of course for the other horses as you alluded.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-10-2017, 03:57 PM   #29
SG4

What Beyer fig did she get assigned for the last win? I was expecting an 87 or so based on the other races of the day.
SG4 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-10-2017, 04:11 PM   #30
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG4
What Beyer fig did she get assigned for the last win? I was expecting an 87 or so based on the other races of the day.
You can always find stakes Beyer figures here:

http://www1.drf.com/stakeresults/drfStakeResults.jsp
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply