Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-13-2022, 11:14 AM   #1
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

HOT inflation report...Ruh Roh Raggy...

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/09/12/stoc...n-report-.html

Quote:
Stock sell-off deepens, Dow drops 800 points after hot inflation report
Quote:
Stocks fell sharply on Tuesday after a key August inflation report came in hotter than expected, hurting investor optimism for cooling prices and a less aggressive Federal Reserve.

The August consumer price index report showed a higher-than-expected reading for inflation. Headline inflation rose 0.1% month over month, even with falling gas prices. Core inflation rose 0.6% month over month. On a year-over-year basis, inflation was 8.3%.

Economists surveyed by Dow Jones had been expecting a decline of 0.1% for overall inflation, with a rise of 0.3% for core inflation.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 09-13-2022 at 11:15 AM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2022, 11:32 AM   #2
Inner Dirt

Biden's policies are working, I just got a quote for some aluminum raw materials, the price is down 26% in the last 3 months. The fact that it is still 40% higher than when he took office is meaningless, once you keep projecting a 26% decrease off the high every 3 months. stainless steel prices are still more than double what they were when Biden took office, but I do not expect him to fix everything all at once. Yours truly, any stupid Democrat voter.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2022, 12:32 PM   #3
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Biden's policies are working, I just got a quote for some aluminum raw materials, the price is down 26% in the last 3 months. The fact that it is still 40% higher than when he took office is meaningless, once you keep projecting a 26% decrease off the high every 3 months. stainless steel prices are still more than double what they were when Biden took office, but I do not expect him to fix everything all at once. Yours truly, any stupid Democrat voter.
At least he doesn't write mean tweets. That has to count for something, right?
tucker6 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2022, 01:07 PM   #4
Poindexter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
Also let’s not forget that warm cuddly feeling of decency Joe brought into the White House. Perhaps he is so decent he will let the 8 or 9 million folks staring eviction in the eyeballs pitch a tent on the White House lawn. On those cold winter nights they will feel the warmth of Joe.

I am sure there are more than a few folks out there missing the days of the mean tweets.
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2022, 01:47 PM   #5
Karakorum Kabbage
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poindexter View Post
I am sure there are more than a few folks out there missing the days of the mean tweets.
Yes, all the various factors that contributed to the rise of inflation in the wake of a global pandemic just wouldn't exist if the chaos pig had stayed in power..

Great take
Karakorum Kabbage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2022, 02:30 PM   #6
OntheRail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karakorum Kaabbage View Post
Yes, all the various factors that contributed to the rise of inflation in the wake of a global pandemic just wouldn't exist if the chaos pig had stayed in power..

Great take
Let's see Putin most likely does not attack Ukraine... Keystone would be pumping crude south... the border would be secure and wall about complete... we would not have 5 million plus illegal aliens from over 100 nations invading us none stop.... and tons of fentanyl killing our children.

So with a strong Trump America 1st leadership... inflation would not be as bad or here at all.

The only Choas Pigs are rooted in the Democratic Party... all standards have fallen under shitty demented diaper bag Joe Briben Chaos Administration.
Old 09-13-2022, 02:30 PM   #7
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karakorum Kabbage View Post

Great take
Inflation was inevitable, but Biden caused a big difference in the magnitude by his insane EO's with virtually no due dillenge. And his insane spending only made things worse.

But if you listened to him on the campaign trail - I did, did you? - he all promised $5 gas. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED. And high fuel prices drive EVERYTHING else up.

Try thinking outside the shallow end of the pool.
Old 09-13-2022, 02:39 PM   #8
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Inflation was inevitable, but Biden caused a big difference in the magnitude by his insane EO's with virtually no due dillenge. And his insane spending only made things worse.

But if you listened to him on the campaign trail - I did, did you? - he all promised $5 gas. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED. And high fuel prices drive EVERYTHING else up.

Try thinking outside the shallow end of the pool.
His family tree resembles a Charlie Brown xmas tree. Please have sympathy
tucker6 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2022, 04:16 PM   #9
Karakorum Kabbage
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
lol

https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...soline-prices/
Karakorum Kabbage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2022, 04:18 PM   #10
Poindexter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karakorum Kabbage View Post

Great take
Just like a dem. When things are going good, "wow are amazing policies are working great". When things aren't going so well, excuses, excuses, excuses. Hey don't blame me for the mishandling of covid from day 15 on. We spent a long time talking about it day by day. I also believe that superdem at the time Andrew Cuomo assured us that you can always fix an economy. So I hold all dems accountable to those words. So no excuses. Live up to the words of the one they were talking about as the next president at the time.

Truth of the matter is neither side can fix anything nor even wants to. They want power and they want that power for as long as they can have it. Power isn't attained by creating policies to help everyday folks. Power is attained by pandering to special interests. People are easily fooled. I had folks coming into my store in March of 2021, saying they were coming out for the first time since the pandemic began. I am saying to myself, seriously you gave up a year of your life because of covid......I am talking about folks in there 20's and 30's.

There might be a couple of functional light bulbs in Washington and there may be a few that actually that do care about people, but for the most part , it is a complete swamp. Do I like Trump as a person? Heck no, he is an arrogant jack ass. He always was. Buffoon, is a complete mislabel. He is actually a pretty smart guy, loaded with common sense. Not exactly the best speaker in the world these days. He probably could use a filter between his brain and mouth. He did a fairly good job as President and seemed to have the economy humming along. I don't think he did so for any great care of the American people, he did so to feed his ego.

Then of course the Plandemic. Since Biden has taken over it has been amateur hour from day 1. You want to blame covid, be my guest. This country is in pretty deep sh** right now. The stock market can crash, the real estate market probably will crash (although I think that is a good thing unless you recently bought your home), interest rates are high again, rents are through the roof especially on the low end. I live in Vegas now, my rent was $1800 and went up to $2000 (10 % not earth shattering), but I am seeing all kinds of reports of people having rents of 800 or 900 going up the like $1200 or $1300. So these people may get a $1 an hour raise if they are lucky, they are paying 10% more for everything, rent may be up 50%, Gas prices, what 25% or so. Energy prices are creeping up. As things continue to get worse, one has to wonder what the fallout will be. More crime, more despair, more homelessness, more anger, more frustration, more violence. You know the things that big democratic cities are famous for. That is the real life consequence of bad policy. You factor in this new breed of da's in some of the bigger cities and this is not going to be good. The bad policy began with covid and continued with the savior democrats and their agendas.
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2022, 04:23 PM   #11
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntheRail View Post
Let's see Putin most likely does not attack Ukraine... Keystone would be pumping crude south... the border would be secure and wall about complete... we would not have 5 million plus illegal aliens from over 100 nations invading us none stop.... and tons of fentanyl killing our children.

So with a strong Trump America 1st leadership... inflation would not be as bad or here at all.

The only Choas Pigs are rooted in the Democratic Party... all standards have fallen under shitty demented diaper bag Joe Briben Chaos Administration.
Quality reply. Really hit all the major points there in a concise manner.

Our resident drive-byer likely won't be back for this one.
Old 09-13-2022, 05:04 PM   #12
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post

He also tells entertaining stories of his life experiences, of course none of them are true , but they are nicer than mean tweets.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2022, 06:07 PM   #13
lamboguy

https://secure.winred.com/jd-vance-f...xitintent=true
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2022, 06:10 PM   #14
lamboguy

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/dona...l&uh_test=1_04
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2022, 06:27 PM   #15
lamboguy

https://monetary-metals.com/russians-propaganda-coming/