Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 30 votes, 3.80 average.
Old 04-08-2018, 05:28 PM   #4831
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

I look at it this way: You absolutely cannot play all 3 horses--so 1 has to go. Out of 3 horses, can you positively eliminate one???

If not--pass

If you can eliminate 2--play the survivor to win

If you actually can eliminate 1--you're left with several possible ways to play the remaining two--least of all is a dutch, if you can profit if either one wins.

Everything depends on the odds....and with some practice--this isn't really that hard.
Old 04-08-2018, 06:12 PM   #4832
lefty359

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg View Post
I look at it this way: You absolutely cannot play all 3 horses--so 1 has to go. Out of 3 horses, can you positively eliminate one???

If not--pass

If you can eliminate 2--play the survivor to win

If you actually can eliminate 1--you're left with several possible ways to play the remaining two--least of all is a dutch, if you can profit if either one wins.

Everything depends on the odds....and with some practice--this isn't really that hard.
Yep, that's the trick, isn't it?
Old 04-14-2018, 04:18 PM   #4833
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Good Morning Pacevillians...it's good to be back. I knew PA Mike was a good capper--honestly didn't know he was THIS good. He's got some kind of loose "formula". Think we all have a loose formula.

I took one of mine that served me well over the years. It's designed to find races with---without looking at names, odds, any influences besides cold- hard facts...and find races where there was a "selection" I call them "EASY WINNERS" The prices are almost always low--too low for my style of wagering Where it's value lies is in sequential bets: pick-3,4,5,6's.

Of course we all know NOTHING is easy in horse-betting. That "lock" 6-5 shot you JUST HAVE to single on a pick-4 ticket...promptly runs 4th and kills your ticket. Best way to play that "lock" is....as most of you know, is to eliminate him yourself beforehand on all but a saver ticket.

Anyhoo...my "Easy Winners" can be found on my "[COLOR="Green"]PONYPICKER[/COLOR]" program. There are 3 other plays--along with EASY WINNERS: the original "BOSS", "LEAD E-1 AND LATE" , and from the popular BEST-FIVE PROGRAM, I borrowed the very good "1-2-3" play.

Most tracks are just getting underway, so I'll use PARX since at least half the races are in: first up--Easy Winners

Attached Images
File Type: png 1EASY WINNERS PARX.png (141.5 KB, 71 views)
Old 04-14-2018, 05:06 PM   #4834
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

These are the rest of the plays today from PONYPICKER @ PARX
I used to be able to do this....the posted pics look like sh*t now

Anyhoo check the results from Parx....the results may surprise you. The best part is--this program costs less than what you and your wife/husband will pay for dinner tonight. This might even be less than the tip you leave. Well...not me--tipping isn't customary at Burger King.

Attached Images
File Type: png PARX 1 2 3.PNG (62.8 KB, 46 views)
File Type: png PARX LED E 1 and LATE.PNG (113.5 KB, 42 views)
File Type: png PRX BOSS.PNG (156.0 KB, 33 views)

Last edited by NorCalGreg; 04-14-2018 at 05:13 PM.
Old 04-14-2018, 05:32 PM   #4835
headhawg
crusty old guy

The images are fine NCG. When I attached screen shots of my HDST program they looked bad but if you double-clicked them then looked just fine. Maybe the weird images only happen to the poster and not to everyone else.
Old 04-14-2018, 05:38 PM   #4836
green80

ss
Quote:
Good Morning Pacevillians...it's good to be back. I knew PA Mike was a good capper--honestly didn't know he was THIS good. He's got some kind of loose "formula". Think we all have a loose formula.

I took one of mine that served me well over the years. It's designed to find races with---without looking at names, odds, any influences besides cold- hard facts...and find races where there was a "selection" I call them "EASY WINNERS" The prices are almost always low--too low for my style of wagering Where it's value lies is in sequential bets: pick-3,4,5,6's.

Of course we all know NOTHING is easy in horse-betting. That "lock" 6-5 shot you JUST HAVE to single on a pick-4 ticket...promptly runs 4th and kills your ticket. Best way to play that "lock" is....as most of you know, is to eliminate him yourself beforehand on all but a saver ticket.

Anyhoo...my "Easy Winners" can be found on my "[COLOR="Green"]PONYPICKER[/COLOR]" program. There are 3 other plays--along with EASY WINNERS: the original "BOSS", "LEAD E-1 AND LATE" , and from the popular BEST-FIVE PROGRAM, I borrowed the very good "1-2-3" play.

Most tracks are just getting underway, so I'll use PARX since at least half the races are in: first up--Easy Winners
Don't be so fast in discounting those "Easy Winners". I was pretty successful at some of the smaller tracks playing those. Had a good and profitable meet at Delta and Rillito playing those. When the chalk is running just go with it. That $4 horse makes you money when you can hit 60% of em.
Old 04-14-2018, 05:56 PM   #4837
green80

P.S. Easy Winners had 2 seconds and a $11.40 winner at Evd last night,out of 3 plays, all >3/1
Old 04-14-2018, 06:14 PM   #4838
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
You're too kind...I had about a month and a half stretch where I was dicking around and couldn't hit the broadside of a barn.
Old 04-14-2018, 06:55 PM   #4839
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhawg View Post
The images are fine NCG. When I attached screen shots of my HDST program they looked bad but if you double-clicked them then looked just fine. Maybe the weird images only happen to the poster and not to everyone else.
Hey double-H...I got that cd you need, plus a logo so you'll know the color scheme. First chance you get send that gentleman the "special" copy of PLATINUM.

If anyone sends a lot of stuff around--I'm talking hard copies, etc..check out a company called "SEND THIS FILE". You can go the free route, which they offer....or $4 bucks a month is the bottom of the "paying customer" bracket. I normally go the free route--but this is such good value I don't mind giving the $4.

They send a download link to your receiver--in usually less than a couple hours.

Good deal.
Old 04-14-2018, 08:16 PM   #4840
lefty359

At Parx today Boss did the best. 3 wins and 3 2nds. Anyone know how it did at other tracks?
Old 04-14-2018, 10:05 PM   #4841
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

I haven't checked yet Lefty--got a bunch of data files for today, I'll take a look

This is another interesting font of knowledge from BEST-FIVE---PRIME/TJ button. Believe it or not--all it is is the Top Trainer/Jockey by cumulative win%, plus top PRIME POWER in this particular race. Whenever I start to think I'm all that--I take a look at what was right in front of me and I whiffed on it.

Whenever an entry tops those two areas--they get listed here.

I'm sure it isn't profitable--but I'd be willing to wager it's close to the "take"

All the sharpies and their methods borne out over years of experience, the wiz kids with their $2K software, etc....forget the most basic rules of handicapping.

I stuck this on---really out of curiousity. This is not unusual, to hit two of three----trust me.

Old 04-15-2018, 01:37 AM   #4842
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by oughtoh View Post
I had to get a different computer, is there anyway to get the software programs I have to the new computer? I tried a USB memory stick, but that didn't work. I am not computer savy. Was going to try putting it on a disk. Thanks

Any program you bought from me, ED, and somehow lost your copy....let me know, I'll get you fresh copy--that goes for anyone else, you all know that already.

Bad news in the Raider Nation...SeaBass is gone. Signed with Seattle today. He was, if memory serves ....the 1st of the ridiculous #1 picks Al Davis made...as he was starting to lose his mind. Who takes a kicker #1? I don't even think the greatest punter in history: Ray Guy was taken #1.

The SeaBass selection turned out to be a miracle pick anyway--the Raiders kicking game, at the time, had been a mess for years.

Janikowski turned in all-pro years for well over a decade.

Raider fans will miss the great "SeaBass"

Old 04-15-2018, 09:19 AM   #4843
upthecreek

Kee Late pick 4 0414

Using Best 5 consensus you could have connected rather easily---- 3 top picks and one 2nd pick .50 cent paid$131

Attached Images
File Type: png kee late pick 4.PNG (57.1 KB, 45 views)
Old 04-15-2018, 01:42 PM   #4844
oughtoh

I got it transferred and it works fine. Thanks NCG
Old 04-15-2018, 06:04 PM   #4845
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
Who takes a kicker #1? I don't even think the greatest punter in history: Ray Guy was taken #1.
Ray Guy was definitely a 1st round pick if that is what you mean. He probably was low first round as the Raiders were pretty good in those days.