Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 07-27-2014, 11:04 PM   #166
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by affirmedny
Last night they switched to a split screen, half copper commercial and half the race, smack in the middle of a Meadowlands race with Sebastian K(the top harness horse in the country right now). And of course the sound of the commercial was played and the racecall was silenced. No mention of it when the commercial was over. Just ridiculous. The director or whoever's responsible should be canned.
I saw that, probably Chad Noche was responsible

Totally absurd, i have to believe it was just a technical glitch, nobody could have made that decision.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-27-2014, 11:09 PM   #167
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
I am generally VERY happy...and I would be even happier if I didn't have to deal with idiots.

I suspect Perloff would as well...
I think that while there are idiots abound, there are also quite a few e mailers who know what they're talking about and yet, if you disagree with him on a point, he will not just respectfully disagree, he will essentially call you an idiot.
Old 07-27-2014, 11:19 PM   #168
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
I think that while there are idiots abound, there are also quite a few e mailers who know what they're talking about and yet, if you disagree with him on a point, he will not just respectfully disagree, he will essentially call you an idiot.
If I hadn't watched his show then I would believe you, SRU. But I have watched his show MANY times...and I have never heard him call anybody an idiot...essentially or otherwise. I don't usually agree with his handicapping opinions, nor do I expect to...but I like the guy. He is the only guy from that station that I actually wouldn't mind talking horses with.

Last edited by thaskalos; 07-27-2014 at 11:21 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-27-2014, 11:24 PM   #169
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
If I hadn't watched his show then I would believe you, SRU. But I have watched his show MANY times...and I have never heard him call anybody an idiot...essentially or otherwise. I don't usually agree with his handicapping opinions, nor do I expect to...but I like the guy. He is the only guy from that station that I actually wouldn't mind talking horses with.
That's why i said essentially. He doesn't use the word idiot, but with his tone, he comes across that if you don't agree with him, you must be " new to this horse racing thing".

I remember e mailing him...maybe last year...and bringing up a point and he not only agreed with me, but basically called me a genius and said "that's an amazing point". I forget what the point was, but it was something he admitted he hadn't thought of and was really happy i e mailed.
Old 07-27-2014, 11:25 PM   #170
taxicab

Quote:
Originally Posted by affirmedny
Last night they switched to a split screen, half copper commercial and half the race, smack in the middle of a Meadowlands race with Sebastian K(the top harness horse in the country right now). And of course the sound of the commercial was played and the racecall was silenced. No mention of it when the commercial was over. Just ridiculous. The director or whoever's responsible should be canned.
I was watching.
There's no excuse for what they did.
I agree.....fire the person in charge.
taxicab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-27-2014, 11:48 PM   #171
jballscalls

Quote:
I remember e mailing him...maybe last year...and bringing up a point and he not only agreed with me, but basically called me a genius and said "that's an amazing point". I forget what the point was, but it was something he admitted he hadn't thought of and was really happy i e mailed.
This must have been a dream, cause I can't imagine you making a good point! sorry couldn't resist!
Old 07-27-2014, 11:55 PM   #172
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballscalls
This must have been a dream, cause I can't imagine you making a good point! sorry couldn't resist!
I set you up, for the ally-oop dunk, i would have been disappointed had you not flushed it home!
Old 07-28-2014, 12:04 AM   #173
thaskalos

Quote:
As I said...his judgement can be questionable at times.
Old 07-28-2014, 12:08 AM   #174
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
As I said...his judgement can be questionable at times.
I think if he would have known that SRU from the PA Forum was the one who sent him that e mail, he wouldnt have been so quick to point out the genius nature of the point.
Old 07-28-2014, 10:42 AM   #175
Canarsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiketoo
It should be fairly uncomplicated to fill 3 or even 8 hours - it's called content. I'd have no problem with him spending hours on reviewing trip handicapping or whatever. There's a ton of info one can spend too much time on in this sport - just ask my wife!
Really? Why don't you name me a half dozen people on television who do it as a job solo without referring to their producer, sidekick, or whoever else tickles their fancy. Plus he doesn't read commercials making it even a tougher struggle.

It's a tougher job than public speaking which is one of the hardest things to do. Well over 95 out of 100 people will say "umm" after saying more than a few sentences. Repeat the next dozen voicemails you leave and see how many times there is a pause and a "umm".

Throw in my hunch is he doesn't use a teleprompter.

Now after saying all of this I don't dismiss posters concerns they are legitimate to a degree. But since TVG PAYS to be aired and the viewer has the option of turning off the volume or using the clicker what is the problem? There are alternatives to watching almost all of the races they air. If I want to watch NYRA, TVG isn't even an option, my ROKU shows me the track feed with TLG and crew in HIGH DEF.
Canarsie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-28-2014, 10:49 AM   #176
Canarsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour
Don't be fooled and make the exception into the rule, love.
Perloff is rarely on during the wknd - and maybe his appearance has to do with Cassidy being at Mth and some other TVG personalities being at DMR.

Do you think they would send Rich anywhere for an offsite ?
Me neither...he and the Sarge are fill-ins during this time.
Do you actually watch TVG? Perloff has been off Wednesday and Thursday for at least a half dozen years, probably much more.. In fact he is probably paired more with Matt on the weekend than anyone else.

I also like Matt but since your so informed maybe you can tell me the status of 58 flat? If that was still on "your" Perloff "problem" would be considerably reduced.
Old 07-28-2014, 11:21 AM   #177
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canarsie
Do you actually watch TVG? Perloff has been off Wednesday and Thursday for at least a half dozen years, probably much more.. In fact he is probably paired more with Matt on the weekend than anyone else.

I also like Matt but since your so informed maybe you can tell me the status of 58 flat? If that was still on "your" Perloff "problem" would be considerably reduced.
When did I state Perloff was on Weds & Thurs?

Bottom line is that the guy is a asshole to many emailers, period.
I really love when he doesn't read an email but responds to someone with, "Hey Mike in Peoria, right back to you buddy"...how professional ...the correct thing to do is IGNORE those insulting emails, but he can't...he just can't. In fact, I think I will send him a nasty one today and see if he references it

So I touched a nerve Canarsie - chill out man - you obviously like Perloff.
58 Flat? I vaguely remember that, but it escapes me...Blinker Off was a terrible show and glad it's gone. It sunk badly when Watchmaker left.

I don't ever remember seeing Perloff at the desk for major weekend races.
Old 07-28-2014, 11:25 AM   #178
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Ah yes - 58 Flat - Matty's super charged hour during midday...that wasn't too great either.

I am not flying the Matty flag - I just used him as an example and contrast to Perloff....and I prefer him to Rich's monotone boring "Jon White" like delivery.
He preaches and almost talks down to the viewer...no thx
Old 07-28-2014, 12:54 PM   #179
Canarsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour
When did I state Perloff was on Weds & Thurs?

Bottom line is that the guy is a asshole to many emailers, period.
I really love when he doesn't read an email but responds to someone with, "Hey Mike in Peoria, right back to you buddy"...how professional ...the correct thing to do is IGNORE those insulting emails, but he can't...he just can't. In fact, I think I will send him a nasty one today and see if he references it

So I touched a nerve Canarsie - chill out man - you obviously like Perloff.
58 Flat? I vaguely remember that, but it escapes me...Blinker Off was a terrible show and glad it's gone. It sunk badly when Watchmaker left.

I don't ever remember seeing Perloff at the desk for major weekend races.
I like Perloff don't "love" him but absolutely respect what he has to do by himself in a shoestring operation. I'm not arguing what your saying facts are facts. It's just extremely hard filling up a boring Monday and Tuesday when his habits formed. When only one track is running there has to be a way to kill time.

In his defense on another matter he constantly states "don't play my ticket" he is probably the only one who does that on air.

Perloff usually works the early shift on the weekends their "superstars" take over for prime time.

Trust me I'm Brooklyn born and raised you didn't hardly touch a nerve. They are all "pinched" anyway and I like a good discussion. You can "pound" me into the ground all you like.

I have one more question for you. If you were in court and were charged for anything would you object to your attorney rolling his or her eyes?
Old 07-28-2014, 01:02 PM   #180
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

I would not like it if he rolled his eyes at the judge...no worries if he rolls them at me.
He probably has good reason to roll 'em at me