Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Trading The Financial Markets

Old 01-26-2018, 05:05 PM   #1
Valuist

WYNN

Down $20 on the sexual misconduct allegations against Steve Wynn. Can't help but think this is way overdone. Not saying the allegations aren't true; just that the market reaction is overdone. The guy is 75 years old. He wasn't going to run the company forever. I don't think its a stretch that he had started to plan a transfer of power.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-26-2018, 06:45 PM   #2
lamboguy

-he's in a bitter divorce with his wife. they settled and she wants more, boy do i know that feeling.

the only thing i don't understand is what good does it do her to tank the stock?
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-26-2018, 10:12 PM   #3
Valuist

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
-he's in a bitter divorce with his wife. they settled and she wants more, boy do i know that feeling.

the only thing i don't understand is what good does it do her to tank the stock?
I don't know why she would want it to tank. She is on the Board at WYNN.

That $7.5 million payoff is going to make it difficult for him to survive.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-27-2018, 10:20 AM   #4
JustRalph
Just another Facist

As soon as I hear the allegations are against a millionaire, billionaire or whatever..........I toss in a little skepticism.

I’m wondering how many of these guys are being judged on today’s standards for things that in the past would be considered aggressive pursuit of a partner........that’s the only way I can say it. I am thinking that there are generational differences here that come to bear.

Weinstein is one end of the spectrum along with Louie CK. Then there is probably lots of grey area in the middle.

Last edited by JustRalph; 01-27-2018 at 10:24 AM.
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-27-2018, 01:20 PM   #5
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
As soon as I hear the allegations are against a millionaire, billionaire or whatever..........I toss in a little skepticism.

I’m wondering how many of these guys are being judged on today’s standards for things that in the past would be considered aggressive pursuit of a partner........that’s the only way I can say it. I am thinking that there are generational differences here that come to bear.

Weinstein is one end of the spectrum along with Louie CK. Then there is probably lots of grey area in the middle.
Read the article - it could not be more well sourced. Shocking that Trump considers Wynn a "good friend." Hell I'm sure Tony Perkins and our very own Boxcar can extend mulligans to Wynn, too. After all, we must defend any Trump friend at all costs. There are no moral absolutes (only if a Dem commits a moral offense of course).

In reality, Ralph, when you see a paper like the WSJ (good target for a lawsuit), print an article like this on someone as powerful as Steve Wynn, you should be more inclined to believe it than if it were about some random Joe. The Weinstein article was held by the Times for over a year because of legal fears. You think the WSJ didn't vet this article? Now Wynn still deserves his day in court, if it comes to that, but this is one hell of a well-sourced, damning article.
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-27-2018, 01:23 PM   #6
horses4courses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike View Post
Read the article - it could not be more well sourced. Shocking that Trump considers Wynn a "good friend." Hell I'm sure Tony Perkins and our very own Boxcar can extend mulligans to Wynn, too. After all, we must defend any Trump friend at all costs. There are no moral absolutes (only if a Dem commits a moral offense of course).

In reality, Ralph, when you see a paper like the WSJ (good target for a lawsuit), print an article like this on someone as powerful as Steve Wynn, you should be more inclined to believe it than if it were about some random Joe. The Weinstein article was held by the Times for over a year because of legal fears. You think the WSJ didn't vet this article? Now Wynn still deserves his day in court, if it comes to that, but this is one hell of a well-sourced, damning article.
You should know by now.
Conservatives don't want to hear truth when it comes to such matters.
All they want to hear about is furthering their cause, and wiping out liberals.
Old 01-27-2018, 01:35 PM   #7
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses View Post
You should know by now.
Please don't confuse Trump supporters and their ilk with true conservatives.
Old 01-27-2018, 03:28 PM   #8
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
You should know by now.
You could easily swap conservatives and liberals in this sentence. They both do the same thing. At least acknowledge that and be honest for once.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-27-2018, 03:29 PM   #9
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
True conservatives...

Whatever man...
Old 01-27-2018, 07:19 PM   #10
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
True conservatives...

Whatever man...
Those with principles, not sure why that is LOL worthy.
Old 01-27-2018, 07:49 PM   #11
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Those with principles, not sure why that is LOL worthy.
There are no liberals with principles?

We all have principles.

I just laugh at the notion of the "true conservative." Like what is that, exactly?

I'm afraid the definition you provide will equal nothing but UNELECTABLE (at least when it comes to POTUS) in the end, so what does it matter? Thus my LOL.
Old 01-28-2018, 07:35 AM   #12
pandy

Quote:
You should know by now.
The problem with many, if not most, of these sexual allegations against these famous men, politicians, businessmen, celebrities, etc., is that they are allegations. Some may be true, some may not be true, some may be greatly exaggerated. There is no due process. I don't see how this has anything to do with conservatives and liberals, and your assertation seems to suggest that all of the allegations are true.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-28-2018, 09:15 AM   #13
lamboguy

Quote:
Trump is the smartest president of our lifetime. he fooled everyone by getting elected, he is fooling both conservatives and liberals at the same time. and most importantly he is getting the job done the way he wants it done.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-28-2018, 01:44 PM   #14
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Trump is the smartest president of our lifetime. he fooled everyone by getting elected, he is fooling both conservatives and liberals at the same time. and most importantly he is getting the job done the way he wants it done.
Trump's making a liar out of Abe Lincoln?

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-28-2018, 06:42 PM   #15
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
I don't know lambo, I think the liberals may be "on to" Trump at this point. Fooling conservatives, DEFINITELY!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: